Status: I've thought of alittle bit more but ideas are appreciated!!! It's active

The Changeling

Starved

A girl with brown hair cautiously climbed down. She was small and lithe with feathered design down her tan arms. That's Alissa. Her Demon is a Hawk and her Power is Mind Control. Cam’s thoughts told me.

I growled under my breath and moved closer to the wall. There’s no reason to be afraid. She has orders not to use her Power unless it’s necessary. He thought to me.

I don't feel any better. And I still don't trust y'all. I said. Cam growled at me You’re so stubborn! I snorted. Well, I’m sorry but y'all did kidnap me!!!! How am I supposed to feel?!! Happy?!! I thought full of rage.

Alissa’s bored expression faltered, "Phoenix, Cam. You both will remain here for the rest of the war, Oh and Phoenix, Cam is a traitor too." Cam and I both snarled in response, "YOU CAN'T HOLD US DOWN HERE!!!!!"

Alissa smiled a mischievous grin flashing her crest white teeth.

Too bad I don't have mouth wash to rinse out that mouth of hers. I thought bitterly. I just wanted to shake her till I rattled her brain. I received a mental image of me shaking Alissa till her brain fell out of her ear from Cam.

Cam coughed to cover his laughter. Alissa glanced between us. I had to admit it was kind funny, but I was too mad to find it so at the time.

"No one is going to stop us.”
Hell yes someone will beat you and it's gonna be me. I snarled.

And don't forget me!! Cam shouted in my head.

Why doesn’t she reply? Oh wait this is in our heads.

Duh. Cam replied.

Alissa continued regardless of our statements, "If the Tyrants attack again we will be ready, we have forces under going training, and if you want to get out you must help us find more warriors."

I growled. Help you, Bitch? You must be outta your mind. Forces? You mean slaves? What did you do to get them to serve you? Mind control them? Huh Master? I rolled my eyes.

Cam snorted. More stubborn than I thought. I guess I should've given you more credit. Watch your language though that will get you in trouble. Plus she’s not powerful enough to control that many people Phoenix.

"Bite me." I grumbled. Alissa glanced at me, but turned to leave.

Cam, I thought attack her!!! What are you waiting for?!

He shook his head. It's not a good idea; she has forces on top of us. They would over power us in a second. If you could fight it might make a difference. But, I don’t think it would’ve made much difference.

I stopped short in my pursuit of her. I rounded on Cam. Why didn't you take me? Why'd you become a traitor for my sake? Why didn’t you save yourself? I could have protected you if you fought. My thoughts were filled with anger, awe and some sadness.

He suddenly looked confused. I don't know. His minds voice a slight confused whisper in my mind. How long could you hold your shield? He asked. Cam lay down on his mattress turning toward the ceiling. I followed his example and laid down myself. My thoughts full of wonder for the mysterious boy on the other mattress.

It doesn’t matter Cam. It would not have changed anything. I replied after some thought, having used my shield, and gotten about a fairly good count with it.

Cam's slow breathing told me he was asleep. I started wondering what he was like when he wasn't trapped in a concrete death trap. Was he always so cocky? Did he have a family he missed like me? If he did was it a small or large family?

I used to think my “family” was large till the battle. It was then I realized it was small, so frailly small. I wondered all this as I watched the sunlight filtering though the trap door.
I'm not gonna give into their commands. I told myself firmly. I'm loyal to my family, but still kinda ashamed. Why?
The smallest murmur of a question popped into my head. I turned towards Cam, but he was still asleep.

Why am I so ashamed of my family? I wondered. I'm just different, not so bloodthirsty, like they are. They will kill anyone who stands in their way of gaining Power.

Cam stirred. He turned towards me and gave me a small smile. It seemed he heard and understood.

You’re not so different from me. I never fit in either. Cam said sounding distressed. It went silent for a few minutes.

Then I asked. Do all Wolf Demons have such icy blue eyes? He laughed and his wonderful laugh broke the tension.

No Wolf Demons normally have green-yellowish eyes. He said. Oh. So does it bother you that your eye color is so unusual?

No, I like it that way. It's one of the things that make me different. He smiled. Do all Tyrants have such Ginger colored hair?

No, my hair is part of why I got named Phoenix. It's what makes me different besides my eyes and attitude.

I smiled to myself, turning towards the ceiling, which I have been getting to know pretty well.
There's a blackish brown spider over there in the corner that I never noticed before....Crap, I'm going crazy.

Do they have to-go service? I asked Cam. He shook his head.

"They know we can go a while without food."

“That doesn't mean they have to let us starve to death,” I muttered to myself annoyed.

Cam laughed quietly in the silence. I thought of my family, the Tyrants who had raised me. I never knew anyone outside the pack besides Cam and he was so sarcastic sometimes, and to add to it he was a Jerk who could read minds.

Maybe I want to be your friend, Phoenix. His voice brushed against me in the barest of whispers.

I only had one friend, so I think I can manage another one. I thought back sleepily. Dreams brought back old sorrows of my Tyrant pack and the battles that we won because of my Power.

I woke up to the sun streaming in the room, nearly on my face.

Well it's about time sleepyhead. Good afternoon. He said.

What time is it Mr. Smart-aleck? I asked.

Does it matter? We're still stuck in this hell hole. He answered cockily.

Wait. What's that noise? I wondered.

It sounds like rain. He whispered. OH NO Cam!!!

What’s wrong? He asked alittle too calmly for me.

If it rains too long the room will flood, and we'll drown! I thought worriedly.

Then let's hope it stops soon. Don’t worry if it doesn't I'll save you. He said his voice serious with a little bit of dark humor.

Why would you save me Cam? I asked my voice a small whisper.

Because it's what friends do Phoenix.