Status: It's complete.

Ava

Liar.

She didn't know what she was getting herself into—at least, that's what she said.

Liar.

To her, it was all a game. She was smart, sweet, simple, stunning—in short, everything a man ever possibly want in a woman. She was an innocent girl, naïvely taking on what she thought she could handle.

Liar.

She was more strategic than a man planning for war, more intelligent than any scientist, quieter than any wallflower, and more beautiful than a supermodel. Quite simply, she could captivate when released from her shell. She hid behind a carefully placed barrier, because it helped her. Her poker face was better than that of Lady Gaga, because unlike the latter, she didn't publicize what she had. She kept secrets and she certainly didn't share them. She worked alone, not with two others to form a trio. As Benjamin Franklin once said, “Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.” If she was going to tell someone her secrets, they'd die with her secrets sealed and tightly locked inside of them, just like a box. She appeared ordinary to an onlooker, but looks can be deceiving. People thought she was naïve, because that's what she told them.

Liar.

Her life was intricately spun from a spider's silk web of lies, which she used as a veil to keep her true intentions in the shadows. She played people, many undeserving, only to come back unscathed. How she managed to get away with it, no one would know. What about the 'what goes around, comes around' effect? Did the lovely Karma suddenly disappear from the face of the planet, or had she been the unlucky one entrusted with her secrets? Perhaps she had gotten rid of Karma, encouraged her to flee the planet, but whatever the case, it seemed as if there would be no justice served when it came to the case of the almost-suspicously adorable girl with a supposed childlike naïveté. No, she was as innocent as can be, she assured. As far as she was concerned, she could do no wrong.

Liar.

This time, she'd taken advantage of a man named Nolan. With a five year difference, one would think he'd be the wiser, but he was no match against her young, but much too over-developed charm. He offered her a life where she would be waited on hand and foot. She would be the princess to his prince, and soon she would become the queen of his existence. He was a kind, charming, extremely attractive man that could offer her anything she wanted. He genuinely cared for her. She said she cared for him too.

Liar.

She accepted his offer, deciding that while they were in a romantic relationship, it wouldn't hurt her to live with him, at least for a little while. He wouldn't be popping the big question anytime soon, she knew that much. He was madly in love with the alluring girl, willing to devote his life, his heart and soul, his everything for her, and only her. She was the light in his pit of darkness, or so it seemed. The truth was, their relationship never really stood a chance. Constantly, she was always on the prowl, he was merely too oblivious to catch on. The signs were in front of him, but he'd been blinded by his undying love for her, none of which she deserved. But somewhere, deep down inside of her, she cared about him.

Liar.

A month passed before she realized she'd let this go on long enough. And so, that night, she packed all of her things while he was fast asleep, thankful for the habit she had (and he'd quickly gotten used to) of her getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. She managed to shrug the toned arm from around her slender, but curvacious body, letting her milky skin be graced with the reflection of the moon. It didn't take long for him to fall fast asleep, for when she came back to the room after using the restroom, his soft snoring ensued once more. She set off, grabbing all of her precious items. By the time she finished, the sun was gently peaking over the hills, as she could see from the window. How Nolan hadn't noticed she came back to bed, she didn't know, but it didn't matter. She didn't even bother leaving a note. He was just another pawn, another pawn she didn't give a damn about. She loved him, though, he knew that, and he'd know it was for the better.

Liar.

She left without another sound that day, deciding that she wasn't going to miss that tall, tan, and toned man, that she wouldn't miss his short, soft, silky dark brown hair that she loved lightly running her fingers through while they exchanged passionate kisses that were out of lust, or how he used his ocean blue eyes to try to probe and penetrate through her sage green eyes—no, that wasn't going to be missed. Since they lived on the outskirts of the town, in a large house that suited her taste (a bit too much, actually) she began her hitchhike early, arriving to a cheap motel by sunset, fabricating another false story about a cruel, heartless boyfriend that threw her out without another word to her face after leaving her for her best friend all the while. Then, she'd check in, stay the night, and head off to the diner where she'd put this story to use as she used her enigmatic charm to lure another man to her and take advantage of him, then break him with no recollection of the man before him. He would get over her, mainly because he never truly loved her.

Liar.

Ava Steele.
Ava Steele.
Ava Steele.

Ava Steele was a liar. Ava Steele was a conniving witch. Ava Steele was heartless.

When was she ever going to learn?

If Ava Steele was ever to be defined in the dictionary, there would only be a single word beside her name.

Liar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I randomly got this idea in my head so I just typed it out and this is what it was. Not as good as it was in my head, but I like it. It was a ton of fun to write, so I hope you enjoyed it. ^-^
I did a bit of editing to some of the wording, but it didn't really affect the plot overall, and the layout. Originally, I knew that the picture didn't really match the layout, so then I changed it so it would be a different color scheme. It works a lot better now in my opinion, aha.
Comment?