‹ Prequel: You Stole My Heart

Growing Up Won't Bring Us Down

Vierundzwanzig.

It was officially seven years later, 2015. A very nervous Johnny Seward was trying to find his black tie. He let out a groan as he realized he couldn’t find it. He flung himself to sit on his bed, face in his hands. “Johnny?”

Johnny looked up to see Tayler walking in, placing her black hoop earrings. She wore a dark purple dress that reached her mid thigh with black heels two inches high. “Yeah babe?”

“What’s wrong? You’ve been running around like chicken missing its head,” she chuckled, sitting down next to him. He smiled softly, taking her left hand in his right. He looked at the silver band on her ring finger before kissing the back of her hand. They had finally tied the knot three years ago. She was now Tayler Seward, Marco’s step-mother.

“I can’t find my tie. I can’t show up without my tie,” Johnny sighed as he stood again in a fatal attempt to find the black silk. Tayler walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist, planting a kiss on the back of his neck.

“They’re not going to care if you have a tie or not honey.”

“But I will,” Johnny argued. Suddenly his eyes caught a piece of fabric on the floor. Bending down he picked up the fabric to show it was the tie he had been looking for. He chuckled to himself and placed it around his neck, tying it under the white collar he wore.

“See? You just need to stop worrying,” Tayler mocked as Johnny fixed his collar. He rolled his eyes and picked up the black tux jacket. The couple laced their fingers together and walked out their room and then down the stairs to the kitchen.

“Finally! You guys are slow,” the child sitting on the bar stool exclaimed. Johnny smiled, walking forward to pluck the three year old off the seat, twirling her in the air. She giggled, making everyone smile. Ray, dressed in a similar outfit to Tayler’s, walked forward from the dining table.

“We need to leave. Marco is demanding you guys,” she informed, waving her phone. Everyone nodded and walked outside where Matt was waiting with an SUV. Everyone climbed in, the toddler being placed in the ready car seat.

“Daddy, how much longer do I have to ride in this?” the younger girl pouted, looking at Johnny. Her brown were eyes filled with hopelessness. Johnny smiled, patting her brown hair cover head.

“Not much longer Alice.” Alice seemed pleased with that and leaned back in her seat. Soon Matt pulled them out of the driveway and down the road. Within ten minutes they were at the church that's parking lot was filled with cars. Everyone climbed out, Johnny holding Alice, and they all walked into the church. The pews were packed with family members, family friends, bands that knew Marco or the guys, and many people Johnny didn’t even know. They all walked up to the group at the front who were all the guys and their (by now) wives, including Phoenix and Elizabeth.

“Finally you guys are here! We tried to calm her, but it’s impossible. Danny is waiting outside the room, trying to talk through the door to calm her,” Stevie sighed.

“You might want to hurry,” Brian remarked with a smile. Ray slapped him on the arm.

“Stop enjoying this. The girl’s terrified!” Ray scowled. Brian laughed, kissing her temple.

“Calm down Ray, I’m just kidding. You’re going to upset mini Syn,” Brian said softly, a hand resting on her very pregnant stomach. The little boy was due in a month.

“We’ll be back soon guys,” Johnny announced, leading Tayler away from the group. They walked through a door that led to a small hallway. They followed the sound of a man’s voice before they found Danny standing outside a door. He turned around and smiled widely.

“Thank-you so much for being here!” He exclaimed.

“Danny, go make sure the guys don’t do anything stupid. They may be groomsmen, but they will probably do something regretful,” Tayler laughed. Danny nodded before hurrying off the way the three of them had come. Johnny placed Alice on the floor before tapping on the door with his knuckles.

“Marco? It’s Dad.” The door was heard being unlocked before it was thrown open by none other than Marco. She took her father into a tight, much needed, hug.

“Hey Daddy, Tay.”

“You look stunning honey,” Tayler informed, kissing the bride on the cheek. Marco blushed playing with the silver necklace around her neck. She had a white, mermaid style dress with a simple satin, dark purple ribbon around her waist that went down the back of the dress.

“Gorgeous,” Johnny breathed. This was the first time he had been allowed to see the dress. Marco and the girls refused to allow him before the wedding day. Suddenly Alice ran forward with her mouth hanging open.

“You look so pwetty Mar!” Marco laughed, picked up her sister and resting her on her hip.

“Why, thank-you my wonderland. You look pretty too flower girl.” Alice giggled, smiling up at her big sister. Marco placed her down and sighed. “Tayler, do you mind going to join the other bridesmaids? Have Papa Gates get Alice ready to throw flowers.”

“Sure thing sweetie.” Tayler gave her one last kiss on the cheek before her and Alice left the bride's room together. Johnny felt tears welling up in his eyes which caused Marco to frown. She rushed forward, bringing her father into a hug. She was now five foot four so Johnny rested his head on top of hers.

“Why are you sad Daddy?”

“I just - ” Johnny took a deep breath and pulled back to look down at his oldest daughter. He smiled, running a thumb under her left eye. “You look so beautiful. I just - I feel like I’m loosing my baby girl.”

“You’re silly Daddy,” Marco remarked, looking up at him with a soft smile. “I will always be your little girl. I’m never going to stop being your daughter.”

“I know that now baby.” Johnny kissed her forehead and sighed. “Now why were you freaking out baby?”

“I needed you here. Without Jimmy, I can’t - ” Johnny held her tighter as she sniffled. When Jimmy had passed in 2009 everyone took it pretty hard. Rain just disappeared. No one is really sure what happened anymore. There was a rumor floating around she had committed suicide, but there was still no body to prove it.

“He’s here even though we can’t see him. He’ll never leave us.” Marco wiped away her stray tears and nodded. Johnny grinned widely and kissed her cheek. “Come on Marco. We need to go give you and Danny your moment.”

“Okay Daddy.” He gave her the bouquet which held purple and white roses. Together they walked down the hall and then out the emergency exit. They walked to the front of the church and paused so Johnny could knock on the doors, his cue that they were ready. Suddenly inside the wedding march could be heard. The doors were pulled open from the inside and together, father and daughter walked down the aisle after Alice as people stood.

When they finally reached the end it fell silent, the music ceasing. Danny walked forward to stand on the opposite side of Marco that Johnny was not standing on. The priest smiled and turned to the group. “Who gives this woman away?”

“I, her father, do.” Danny hooked elbows with her before they stood in front of the alter. Johnny went to stand at the end of the groomsmen, matching up with his wife. Phoenix was naturally the best man as was Lizzie being the maid of honor.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join these two in holy matrimony.”

It may sound bad, but by this time Johnny’s thoughts were traveling over the years of memories that Marco, Johnny, and everyone else had shared. Everything began to flash at him like he was stuck in an old movie. Their first meet, her birthday, the court time, first tour, her first date, her graduation, Alice’s birth, and now her wedding. Johnny was nudged out of his memories by Matt’s elbow.

“Do you, Daniel Thompson, take Marco to be your lawfully married wife? To have and to hold from this day forth, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?” Danny smiled at her, a love burning in his eyes.

“I do.”

“And do you, Marco Seward, take Danny to - ”

“Sorry for interrupting sir, but yes, I do. Can we skip the super long speech?” Marco asked, making many people to laugh. Even the priest had to chuckle.

“Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.” Danny brought Marco close, the two sharing a long and passionate kiss as everyone in the church began to clap, Brian and Zacky throwing in their - immature - wolf calls. Twenty minutes later everyone had been moved outside to the field where they held the reception.

White tables were set up by the church hands to hold food, drinks, and of course the cake. Marco and Danny had already cut it, shoving the pieces into each others faces. Soon everyone that was very close to the family joined in and everyone was splattered with the white icing. Tayler hurried up to the DJ who was playing music, whispering something, and he nodded. Ending the current song everyone turned to him curiously.

“If the bride and her father will now take the floor for their dance.” Marco and Johnny smiled, both coming from their separate places. In the middle of the field they had set up a makeshift floor with a wooden platform that was about eight feet on each side. The song “Butterfly Kisses” began to spill from the speakers as they began to dance in a circle. Johnny’s eyes pooled with tears for a second time that day, more than he was proud to admit.

“You have to stop crying Dad. You’re going to make me cry.” Johnny smiled, trying to will the tears to stop.

“I know baby, but I just can’t help it. You’re going to be gone on your honeymoon soon. I will be forgotten.”

“Definitely not. I’ll call you everyday. You know you mean the world to me. No matter how many people enter my life, you will always be my number one. You saved me and I could never forget that. I can only hope that one day I can have a kid love me even close to how much I love you.” Johnny let out a soft sob, resting his head on top of Marco’s.

“I love you Marco.”

“I love you too, Daddy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Everyone who's ever commented<3:
hachie
violetriddle
young lungs.
RandumbPanic
RockySTar
WiccaKitty05
standXaloneX13
surfergirl
KellShadows
Moobags
angy_kaulitz
I Am Rubicon.
scarlett's_letter
like a ross.
Shannanagains
secrets-that-die
PhoebenPaige
chana300
Yotora
Commiserate
foREVer neVER
MyMonkeySaidSo
WalkingOnBrokenGlass
Meganator
kierstlovesyou
smile;;
liz510
Kitty Starr
iiEmptyx3
a7xgirl6661
ShelbehRaexD
KidsOfWarAndPeace
foREVer an Angel
alive again;
VengeanceRevSyn6661
xXxEnchanted OnexXx
Violent Ecstacy

I actually almost made myself cry lol. But yeah, this was the last chapter. I really loved writing this story, but it had to end eventually. I thought this was a nice ending. And just so you know, this story should come out soon, so check it out! Please leave me one last comment. <3