The In-Between

two

Logan pushed us into a deserted hallway, locking his lips on mine. I felt him smile into the kiss before he broke away.

"Call me after practice," he winked. He gave me one last kiss before leaving me alone in the hallway. I adjusted my bag on my shoulder before walking down the end of the long corridor, exiting through the back of the school.

I pushed open the doors into the humid heat. It was abnormally hot for this time of year but I didn't mind. It felt like summer and gave me even more of a reason to smile.

I went down the steps and around the corner, toward where my car was parked. I stopped and turned around as I heard someone scoff as I passed.

Guess who? Of course it was the new girl. But you knew that already, didn't you?

"What is your problem?" I asked, annoyed. Was she out to get me? She crawled under my skin in History and now she was trying to do it again.

"What do you mean?" She said in a sickly sweet voice, taking another drag of her cigarette.

Phoenix was leaning against the brick wall, with a grin that I wanted to smack right off her face.

"Cut the shit," I said, rolling my eyes. "Are you gonna make another remark or can I get to my car?"

"Want a jack?" She asked me.

"A what?" I wasn't sure if she was trying to threaten me or something else.

Phoenix let out a smoke filled laugh. "A smoke, a cancer stick, a fag, a cig, call it what you want," she said in a nonchalant tone.

This infuriated me even more.

"No thanks. My lungs are healthy and I'd like to keep them that way." I answered back, starting toward my car again.

I heard her laugh again as I walked away.

Phoenix George was like an itch I couldn't scratch.
Phoenix George was like a firefly I couldn't catch.

Phoenix George was one hell of a bitch.
And I couldn't get her out of my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another quick update. If I'm feeling generous I might update again tonight.
Criticism and comments are lovely.