The In-Between

three

For the first five minutes of history, I glared at the back of Phoenix's head. Call me childish but she just really pissed me off.

Everything about her pissed me off.

The way she sauntered into the room, five minutes late to class.

The way all the boys looked at her, not able to take their eyes off of her.

Every little thing about Phoenix George made me angry.

Somebody poked my shoulder and I looked over to Logan. His eyes directed me over to the teacher who was waiting for me to do something. Too bad I didn't know what that something was.

"Sorry, could you repeat that?" I asked sheepishly. I felt myself sink down in my chair a little deeper.

"Never mind, Miss Wilkins." He said, rolling his eyes. "Miss George please answer what Miss Wilkins couldn't."

"1824," she said. I could just imagine the smirk on her face. The way the corner of her lips would just raise the slightest bit into that cocky smile. God, I wanted to hit her.

"This week you'll have no homework." Everyone in class cheered, well except me. I was still in a bad mood from Phoenix.

"Only because you have a project to work on all week." Everyone's smiles turned into frowns and groaned.

Let's be honest now. You already know who's going to be ended up as my partner. The last person I'd ever want. I'd rather have Joey McDonald who tried to grab my ass all of freshman year. Anyone but her. Anyone but Phoenix George. But lately, life hasn't been going my way and I had no clue how to deal with that.

Phoenix turned around, the slightest smirk apparent on her face. "So, your house after school?" she asked.

"Why my house?" I scoffed. At this point, I didn't care if I failed the project. It'd be much better than working with her.

"I'll meet you out back like last time," she smiled sweetly. The bell rang and she got up before I had anytime to object.

"Shit," I groaned, leaning my head down on the desk in frustration.

I was going to be late to class but I really didn't care. I didn't care about much these days. The only thing I cared about was how much I hated Phoenix. And that's what got the best of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's been a few days since an update. I'm sorry. Hopefully another one will be coming much, much sooner. I hope you're all enjoying the story. A few comments would let me know ;) haha. More to come soon. Au revoir.