Status: Brand new, and active (:

Out Of This World

What happened here?

(Nick's POV)

I groaned as my mouth felt dry, why did I let myself fall asleep without getting a drink of water first? And why is it hard for me to move my arms and legs? That's probably what happens when I forget to warm up before going running. Why have I felt so lazy nowadays?

"Relax," I whispered to myself, taking a deep breath in and out before swinging my legs out of bed.

I rubbed my eyes and opened them, "Why am I in the hospital?" I said aloud, expecting someone to answer me back. I looked down at my hands and legs, I was dressed in jeans and a v-neck shirt. I looked around and saw my mom sitting on a chair in a corner, crying.

"Mom?" I said again, more of a whisper this time. "Why am I here?" I approached her, she didn't move an inch. "Mom?!" I said, louder. "Why. Am. I. Here?" I repeated, "Why won't you answer me?"

She kept still, sobbing and coughing. All I could do was stare. Why wasn't she responding to me? Had she gone deaf? Was that why she was crying?

I reached out to her, wanting to shake her shoulder. "Mom?" I said, as I felt something cool on my fingertips. My eyes bulged at the sight, "Why did my hand just go through your shoulder?" I whispered in surprise. It was like touching the coldest of ice. I reached in a little more and gasped as my whole hand disappeared in her shoulder.

I looked around at all the flowers, all the envelopes. There was a subtle beeping, someone's heart beat being followed by a machine. I turned my head again, craning my head above the flowers in vases scattered around the large hospital room. "This can't be happening. NO. No, this just isn't possible," I shouted to myself, someone nearby would have heard, but, why was I staring at my own body? Why was I hooked up to so many machines? Why was my face full of scratches? Why did I look dead?

I breathed heavily as I thought of being dead, how did I get here?
The scratches on my face, I reached up to my cheeks and felt nothing, no pain. Maybe I must be dead, but, if I were, why wasn't I up in the heavens already? wearing white and standing beside God?

My thoughts were interrupted as someone came into the room.

"Mom?" It was Joe, he opened the door and stepped inside, I was standing right in front of her, I guessed he couldn't see me, I called out his name. Nothing.

My mom lifted her head as she heard his voice, "Joe, what time is it? Where is everyone?"

"We've been keeping Frankie occupied, dad's gone with him to get dinner. Are you ready to go home?" He asked, reaching out his hand.

She nodded slowly and got up, reaching for her bag and slowly taking Joe's hand. They both left the room leaving me with the air conditioner whirring overhead, spreading the scent of the large collection of flowers.

Seeing I couldn't touch anything, I sat on the floor and cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter. Hope you're all liking this so far, because I can tell it's going to be a long story. Please don't be a shy reader, I love getting comments and your opinions. Tell me what you think is going to happen throughout the story!

Add me as a friend
Subscribe to this story
Don't forget to comment!