Status: Re-written.

Hurricane

I know what you are.

'Cascadia, wake up honey’,
I heard the soft voice of my mother whisper in my ear. Moaning, I turned on my other side and pulled the blankets over my head. I hear my mother grinning, and suddenly she yanked the blankets of off me. She puts her ice cold hands on my stomach, causing me to scream. I jumped out of my bed, only to sit back down because of the black spots that appeared before my eyes. My mother puts a soothing cold hand on my shoulder, and I place my own cold hand over it.

Water is most of the time cold, colder than your own body temperature. But our bodies weren’t, they were as cold as water, that’s probably the reason why I’m always shivering. Unlike my mother, I always feel cold, no matter how many clothes I pull on.

Aiden body’s was just like fire, really hot.

Like a zombie, a walked to my closet to grab some clothes. It was holiday but I was going to meet with my friends to go shopping. Something I really hated.

I looked on my clock and saw it was already 10.30 AM. Shit! I had said I would be at their house around 11. In a hurry I pulled on the shorts and the blue tank top I had grabbed. I brushed my hair and teeth and did some mascara on. I ran downstairs, only to see my mother standing in the kitchen with my breakfast.

‘Thanks mum’, I said, before gulping down my breakfast. I walked to the door, only to realize I missed something. My flip-flops! I ran upstairs, shove in my flip-flops and ran downstairs. Out of breath I climbed on my bike, only to stop and rush inside again. I forgot my wallet.

I always forget something. One day, I actually forgot to bring my books to school. I had to cycle home during the lunch to get by books.

‘Bye mum, see ya!’ I yelled and stepped on my bike. Luckily, Katie’s and Sandra’s house was just a couple of minutes away. When I was at their house, they were already waiting outside.

‘Finally, what took you so long? We are standing here for about an hour’, said Sandra teasingly, but I only could smile back. I never was someone to make a joke, or make a sharp comment. I was way too serious for that.

The three of us took off, laughing and chatting about random stuff. Most of the time we were talking about Sandra’s new boyfriend, Alex, who was a real cutie. They met each other at our little school, and there was a match right at the beginning.
After a half hour we were in the town. Town…, don’t think too much of it because it’s just a big village, what happened to have a couple of stores. Luckily, the stores were amazing, they were small, but cozy, and they had the latest fashion.

We put away our bikes, and saw that it was really crowed.

‘Oh yeah, I totally forget. Today is the day of the festival’, she made bunny ears as she said festival. They were a couple of little bands, and some other stuff, not really anything special.

‘Come one, let’s take a look!’ Katie said enthusiastic. Laughing I shook my head.
I just knew these girls a few months, but it felt like years. Katie and Sandra were sisters and came over four months ago. They were real city girls, but adapted themselves very quickly and now it looks like they were born in our village. But our village was really amazing. The ivy-grown old houses, the streets, the large fountain in the center of the village where everyone meets each other, it was amazing.

It wasn’t as crowded as it looked like from a distance. The joyful atmosphere around us, reached us, and like magic, a huge grin was spread over our faces.

We jointed in the crowd and I could finally hear the cheerful rhythm of the music. Unnoticed I began to walk on the rhythm of the music.

‘Not so fast Cas, or we will lose you’, said Katie behind me and I could hear the smile in her voice.

‘If you get lost here, than you really are an idiot. You have to be blind and deaf to get lost here’, I said and Katie smiled. I concentrated on the music and started to walk away when suddenly the warm hand of Sandra pulls me back. I turned around and saw that Sandra was pulling Katie and me to one of the little stores.

Oh no, not already. I met Katie eyes and saw also a disappointed look. If Sandra was in one of the stores, than you would be in them for like, the next hour. I shook my shoulders and walked after Sandra, not wanting to trip over my own feet in such a crowded place. We were standing in the store and the music of the band, playing outside, came drifting in the store. While tapping my foot in the rhythm of the music, I searched through a clothing shelve.

I shook my head with a smile across my face when I saw Sandra walking in to the dressing cabin with a pile of clothes folded over her arm. Wow, that was a record. Not really concentrating I searched further. I suddenly stopped when I felt a very soft fabric. It was a really cute blouse. I pulled it out of the shelve I held it in front of me. It was cute!!
It was a tank top with al kind of colors; it was just made for me.

‘Sandra, get out of there. I want to try something!’ I yelled to here.

‘Geez, keep your pants on Cas, relax’, Sandra said, but she did came out. I instantly jumped in the clothing cabinet and began to pull the tank top on. It fit me perfectly.
I walked out of the cabinet and stood in front of the large mirror.

‘Aw, what cute Cas. It is amazing. You should buy it’, Katie said, and I nodded. It really was amazing. I walked back in the cabinet en shifted back to my blue tank top.

After I left the cabinet Sandra began to grab her clothes and put them back in the shelves. Katie and I were looking at her like she was an alien.

‘Who are you and what have you done to Sandra’, said Katie. Sandra only stuck her tongue out. I bought the top and walked outside, only to hear another band beginning to play.

‘Come on, we’re going to listen. They look cute’, said Katie after she saw the boys. I smiled but stayed were I was, and leaned against the window off one of the stores.
I felt the glass shook lightly when someone stood beside me.

Curious I looked en met the brown eyes of a tall boy. He nodded and I looked back at the band, a pink glow starting to appear on my cheeks. I let my mind reach to the water around me, whit in a couple of seconds I held all the water surrounding me in a radius of 4 meters

‘Relax. I know what you are’, said the boy in a soft voices and shocked I let the water go.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the first chapter, let me know what you think of it.