Machinery, Take Thy Dream

Chapter 09: Three Way Relationship

"Webster’s definition of the word intimate: quiet and private or secluded, enabling people to feel relaxed with each other.” That was the type of environment that I was going for to impress my lovely Isabella. It was my way to prelude the introduction of the Dream Catcher’s introduction into our blooming relationship yet no matter how hard I tried I could find nothing romantic about a pizza parlor. I protested, put Isabella insisted that we should go to a pizzeria called Pizza Plus Inc and somehow that’s where we ended up.

While waiting on our pizza, I ordered two beers; one for the each of us. Isabelle protested but I convinced her it was okay. In all reality, I thought that alcohol would easily hide the taste of the Rohypnol capsules which were buried deep in my breast pocket.

“You’ll love the pizza! It’s the best pizza in the U.S.A!” Isabelle says cheerily, but it was an unnatural cheery. If I didn’t know any better I’d say that she was forcing it. This concerned me. It was as if she knew the whole truth about Mr. Simmons, yet I didn’t know how she possibly could. It took me only 15 minutes to drive home after my run in with Sheriff Sheldon and Isabelle had already been at my house when I arrived. How could she know about it in just 15 minutes? I was well aware that this town was small but it wasn’t that small.

“Your large pepperoni pizza!” The waitress announces as she placed it gently on the table. “I hope you enjoy it!”

“Thanks, Amy.” Isabelle says to the waitress and my eyes flickered to her name tag, “Why not eat a piece or two with us?”

I’m shocked at her offer. This was supposed to be our intimate moment in a pizzeria (if that’s even possible) and she was trying to piss it away with Amy (who’s surprisingly perfect body wasn’t doing much for her).

Although I tried to keep my true emotions beneath the surface, Amy seems to pick up on my displeased vibe, “No, I have other tables that need attention. Thanks for the offer though.”

Isabelle muttered something that I didn’t quite catch before she rolled up the sleeves of her white shirt. Just as she reaches out to take a piece her phone rings rather loudly; this was the moment I had been waiting for. She looked at the caller ID and then looked at me as if requesting to take the call.

“Go ahead, take the call! I’ll be right here.” I nodded while taking a bite out of a slice of pizza. I had to hand it to her, it was the best pizza I’d ever tasted. Sadly, I didn’t have much to compare it too; I’d never been to Chicago.

I watched as she disappeared from sight then I hurriedly dropped my hand to my pocket and fished out the two pills and opened them and watched the hypnotizing power fall into her drink and quickly dissipate.

I chuckled to myself at how easy that had been; I had received a lot of practice, so my bragging rights had no merit. My paranoia might be my downfall but I knew I was treading on thin ice anyway. I dropped the empty capsule shells before I smiled with a look of satisfaction. I picked up my slice of pizza and was about to take another bite of it when Amy slammed her fists on the table.

“Isabelle; she’s a nice girl.” She said, an angry fire burning wildly in her eyes as I suddenly feel sick. I open my mouth to defend myself in hopes that Amy hadn’t seen it all but she continued, hissing in a low hollow voice, “Not all of us are as forgiving as Sheriff Sheldon.”

She simply walked away and said no more. Isabelle returned shortly after and drained the remainder of her beer with no complaints. Although Isabelle had said that the pizza was the best in the country suddenly it became unappealing to me and tasted no better than dirt.

The drug started working and Isabelle appeared to become incredibly drunk within no time. I thought that she was bringing too much attention to herself so I suggested that we should leave. I started to lead her away but she only staggered so terrible I decided to carried her away. I suddenly felt like everyone in the pizzeria had seen what I had done and they were all staring at me, as if condemning me for a crime I still hadn’t committed.

Although all these things instantly began working on my nerves the thing that set me off the most was Amy staring at me with a look of murder in her eyes and for the first time I was truly afraid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I was a bit rushed with this one but I hope you liked it.