Machinery, Take Thy Dream

Chapter 16: Euthanasia

I paced nervously back and forth from the living room to the kitchen as I waited for my first voluntary test subject. I had received a call from the sheriff that my first obligated kill would be arriving at my house shortly. So, I had prepared everything downstairs and was waiting patiently, I didn't think the sheriff's idea of arriving shortly was the same as mine. I tried to put Chloe's words out of my mind. I mean, who would I not be willing to kill? It was ludicrous.

A knock sounded upon my door. I leaped at the door and tried to look poised as I opened the door in a calm manner. It was Amy, a woman with her make-up a little smeared around the eyes, and a little girl that looked to be around 10 years of age.

"Hey, come on in," I gestured for them to come through the door.

They all nodded. The woman and little girl entered first, but I stopped Amy by grabbing her by the arm and pulling her off to the side.

"What's this?? Am I supposed to kill that little girl's mother or something?" I whispered in her ear.

"Something indeed. You're to kill the little girl," She said coldly.

"What? You've got to be kidding, what could a little girl have done against the town?" I asked.

"Not kidding at all. She didn't do anything, she just has cancer and will be dying soon, we're helping to put her out of her misery before she suffers," Amy said looking me in the eye.

"Oh...I guess that's not too bad then," I said.

"Now lets go inside sweetie," She said as she slapped my butt and walked inside.

I guess this is what Chloe meant. Euthanasia didn't seem so wrong, she'd be dying anyway. I laughed to myself. That crazy woman had me worried, I thought to myself as we all descended down into the basement.

"Now this is only going to tingle a little bit," I told the little girl as I strapped her in.

The mother looked a little uneasy, but that was to be expected. I turned the voltage up, after I hooked the appropriate wires to her and had her strapped down. This wasn't going to be pretty, it was basically an electric chair that supplied entertainment. I turned the screen on, then flipped the switch to activate my Dream Catcher machine. This would be the first time I've used the machine with someone being awake, it would be an interesting experiment.

The little girl jumped slightly, "Mommy, this doesn't feel good."

"It's okay Elizabeth, I'm right here," She comforted.

Images started to show up on the screen. At first they were completely random, but then it was transfixed on an image of her mom.

"You have to dress like this sweetie, no one can know that you are a girl, no one! So don't you dare get into my make up again or you'll get a severe whipping? Got it?" Her mom spoke out on the screen.

"Okay mommy..." She sadly said on the monitor.

Elizabeth then started convulsing on the table and the movement threw the chords off. She laid there whimpering.

"Oh no, it didn't kill her. I don't think I can do it," I said shakily.

"Yes you can, she's suffering even worse now, here." Amy handed me a knife.

"Are you serious?" I questioned giving her a doubtful look.

"Yes! DO IT!" She screamed.

I then stabbed down on the child's chest, closing my eyes at the impact. I felt myself close to tears. I looked at the mother and she looked at me with tears streaming down her face. She then ran out of the basement, and I ran after her, "I'm sorry! She was going to die anyway, right?"

She stopped in the living room and turned around, "Die? Is that what they told you?"

"Yes, that's not the case is it?" I almost felt the wind get knocked out of me by her words.

"The town told me they had too many girls, that I had to bear a boy so they could have more of a police force. I had a girl. I paid the doctor off and dressed my daughter as a girl for years. As she got closer to puberty, I got more and more scared that they were going to find out, and I had seen what happened to people who ran away. I didn't want to die and I knew she would anyway, so I came clean," She broke down crying.

"No, no....I'm the one who did it," I said touching her shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" She screamed in my face and ran out of the house.

Amy came up from behind me wrapping her arms around me, and stuck her hand down the front of my pants.

"That's a good boy. Now, isn't this worth doing what you're told?" She said while she rubbed my crotch and kissed my neck.