Machinery, Take Thy Dream

Chapter 18: My New Little Plaything

"Not a bad thing? Are you crazy? I killed a little girl," I was seriously doubting that I should have even come here.

"No, no, no...don't you see? This town is crazy, that little girl would've died anyway, but at the town's hands, it would've been a more torturous death. Thanks to you, that girl didn't die in a sadistic manner that many before her have," She said as she squeezed my arm soothingly.

Her words made sense. She would've been killed by the town regardless of my help. At least she died in the name of science, that's more than anyone could say about the other deaths.

"I guess I'll continue my experiments, hopefully next time it's not a kid," I said sternly.

"I'm sure it won't be. That was a rare occurrence. So does your machine kill people every time you use it on them?" Chloe asked out of curiosity.

"Oh no, that's not how I originally had it set up. Although, everyone did die in a matter of months. I kind of need to do my research that way, I wish someone would really volunteer so I could figure out more about it and how not to kill them," I said staring down at the ground.

"I'll do it," She said without hesitation.

"You? Are you serious? Were you listening to what I just said?" I asked bewildered.

"Oh, I'm serious. I'm different from other people though, my mind is strong as is my body," She said as she rubbed her hand across her chest to emphasize her point.

"Alright, we'll start tomorrow night then, if that's okay? We'll have to keep this a secret though, I'm afraid of what these crazy town's people will think or my girlfriend in fact, she may get jealous," I laughed.

"Oh, I'm sure they'd be perfectly fine with it, especially if you're not experimenting on your girlfriend," She said looking deep into my eyes as if she were searching them for something.

With what she said, I felt a ping of suspicion grip me. I wondered if this was another master plan set in motion by the town and we were just pawns. If so, I didn't really care at the moment, I was happy that I finally had a real volunteer. I still didn't feel that was enough, I was still going to pursue Isabelle as a test subject. I was just going to have to be extremely manipulative and sneaky about it. Now, I'd have Chloe and Isabelle for my beautiful machine. Who knows maybe I might even get lucky with Chloe, I thought. Wait, get lucky? What's wrong with me?

I normally could care less about getting laid, that blasted Amy has really done a number on me. It's possible that mixing work with pleasure is changing me into an even worse monster than I was. I quickly tried to dismiss all that from my mind. I needed to start setting up for the experiment on Chloe tomorrow night. I wonder what kind of pajamas she would wear for our little sleepover, I thought smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
So much craziness and women, how will connor be able to juggle it all?? =)