Machinery, Take Thy Dream

Chapter 20: Chloe's Dark Past

I gave two pills to Chloe, then started attaching the appropriate wires to her. I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. It amazed me at how calm she looked upon taking the pills, not even questioning what they were. I wondered if she knew how I was taking advantage of her because from the look in her eye, my mind screamed predator.

“Don't do anything too perverted to me, okay?” She said, sensing my eagerness to induce her.

“Oh, I won't but I can't make any promises about my machine,” I smiled deviously.

She smiled back and closed her eyes, falling quickly into unconsciousness. I then fired up the machine and sat back to watch whatever splendid imagery the monitor was going to give me.

I waited patiently for close to an hour and with sleep almost overcoming me, I was started awake by the sound of crackling static coming through, transitioning to random voices accompanied by images flashing in and out.

From what I could make out, I saw Chloe as a child on a car ride with who I guessed to be her parents. Then came clearer images of them dropping her off in front of a building with high gates surrounding it.

“You be a good girl,” Her mom said crying.

“Why do I have to go mommy? Is it 'cause I said you and daddy were going to be brutally murdered a few years from now? Because I said those images haunt my dreams every night?” Little Chloe asked.

“Now, sweetie, these people are going to help you have normal dreams. We'll see you when you get better. These are really good people,” Her dad said sternly.

“I'm sorry. I won't dream about it anymore, I promise. Please!” Chloe cried.

Then people in white lab coats came and dragged her away screaming, while her parents turned their backs and walked away. The images then faded out, and more random pieces came through. Chloe being force fed pills, her crying at night and people coming to the room to silence her with needles. As I watched, I noticed she gradually got older in each image; so safe to say, she was there for quite awhile.

The screen after twenty minutes of seeing her in that institution, went black for a few minutes. I thought it might be over with but then the screen lit back up once more. This time Chloe looked to be in her late teens, and she was standing in the dark before a bed, staring down at her sleeping parents. She held a knife and some rope in her hands. I watched in horror as she strapped them down to the bed very carefully and securely.

Still asleep, she climbed on top of her father, cut his right eye out. He screamed immediately which woke her mother, who had the same reaction. Her father struggled violently to get free, but Chloe just laughed at his futile efforts and then stabbed him in the throat. Watching her husband gurgling on his own blood and struggling to breathe, she screamed out for Chloe to kill her too.

Chloe then cut her mother's shirt off and cut off her left nipple, only pausing to watch her mother writhe in pain, she then hit her upside the head with the butt of the knife, knocking her out. Climbing off of the bloody mess, Chloe stood next to the bed, staring down at what she had done. She then looked up, almost seeming as though she were looking right at me, and said, “Deep down, we're both the same, Conner. We're both freaks.”

I barely had a chance to even feel shocked, for Chloe's body started spasming violently on the table. I grabbed her to calm her down, and that's when I felt a weird energy rush through my body, and I fell to the floor. As I went unconscious, I heard Chloe's laughter echoing maniacally.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's going to be fun to see what happens next =) Subscribe!