Machinery, Take Thy Dream

Chapter 02: Hungry, but not for food.

Located down a very curvy road, my house was almost hidden several acres away from the road by several flourishing maple trees. I had bought the house a few weeks ago for an incredibly low price of $31,546.

Though it was a rather plain, light brown one story house, I loved it. I loved the location and how far away neighbors were. I especially loved it for the basement. I had finished setting up my little laboratory and had bought a few cheap tables and a bed for the subject. Sadly, the rest of the house still looked as though no one lived there except for a coat rack and a few dishes in the sink.

I had managed to talk my way into becoming Isabelle's friend in just this past week. It was really quite easy, these small town girls were naive to say the least. I knew since she was reading a book that I'd find her at the local library. So I simply lingered around, while paying close attention to what books she picked up in order to figure her out. Seemed she loved romance and gardening books. An odd mix but not really when you think about it. If you give a flower enough love, it seems to grow faster. So with a few random conversations and giving her flowers, she became putty in my hands.

The doorbell rang. I looked at my watch. It was only 3:34 PM which makes her about an hour and a half early. I walked to the front door, opening it to reveal the beauty that stood in front of it.

"Hey Isabelle. You look lovely today." I flashed her a smile.

"Oh no, I didn't do much." She said nervously. "I'm sorry I'm so early, I was just running some errands and got done earlier than expected....so here I am."

She started squirming slightly which brought a smile to my face. Though she was 25, she had a childlike innocence to her. I almost felt guilty at the moment but I quickly brushed it off.

"Why don't you come in and make yourself comfortable? Everything is still rather bare, so excuse it for now." I motioned for her to come in.

She walked in with great poise and grace with that of a deer. Tall and slender, she had the body of a model, a model that wore average clothing that is. She was wearing sneakers with a bright yellow, knee high dress. She even had a blue ribbon in her hair.

I wondered if her dreams were as beautiful as her embodiment. An idea suddenly hit me. Perhaps she won't die like the rest. Maybe if I hook myself to the machine at the same time as her, it will reduce the shock that goes into her brain. There might even be a way that I can influence her dreams with my thoughts and maybe even enter them. Watching and recording dreams isn't enough, I want to be a part of it. I want to be inside this lovely girl even if it means risking my life as well.

"No, it's fine." She reassured. "Just needs a woman's touch."

She giggled and smiled sweetly at me. She then walked around some more taking notice of the bean bag chairs. She then took notice at what I was wearing. I was wearing normal clothes, polo t-shirt and jeans, very normal except for the blue polka dotted apron I was wearing. I saw her looking at it trying to hold back from laughing.

"Yeah....it's all I could find as an apron down town." I laughed.

"With the combination of the house and your apron, in a mystery novel, you'd make the perfect serial killer." She laughed. "But of course those are just books, out of everyone in this town, you are by far the most sophisticated and I don't know...there's something in your eye that I see, that just screams 'nice guy' to me." She started squirming again.

"Nice guy? You never know, I may have killed a lot of people." I looked at her seriously.

She stopped laughing and looked nervous. A smile then came back to her face.

"And you're funny!" She laughed and I laughed with her.

If she only knew the true me, she wouldn't dare to even look upon me. But I'm going to change that, I'm going to change the very way she thinks. I will impose my thoughts upon her through her unconscious mind.

"Is it wrong?" I thought to myself, "No, no it isn't. For I shall show her the true meaning of romance and I will do so through her dreams." I started licking my lips at the notion. She looked at me and smiled.

"I figured I'd come early to help you cook, I felt kind of bad just having you cook for little 'ole me." She told me. "We should get started, you have hunger just written all over your face."

"That's mighty nice of you. I am getting rather hungry." I said as we started walking to the kitchen. "I'm sure your cooking is just a dream worth eating."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! Not sure exactly where I'm going with this yet. =)