Machinery, Take Thy Dream

Chapter 08: The Secret's Out

Isabelle. That's the name that echoed in my mind as I drove away from the dam. She has to know something about this town. I haven't been here very long at all, and I'm already getting the red carpet thrown out for me by the sheriff for being a murderer. No way something of this magnitude goes by unnoticed in this small of a town. There's more to place than I realized. Is that a good thing? Shouldn't I be happy? Maybe I found the perfect place for me, a place for monsters like me.

Isabelle is probably going to be at my house at some point today. The poor girl is on the verge of loving me especially through a bonding experience such as me being in the hospital. Everything is going perfectly, I don't need to feel pity. There's too much at stake to suddenly get a conscience now.

As I pulled into the driveway, I saw her. Isabelle was just sitting on the porch staring off at the sky. Looking at her now, I almost felt something off about her. What normal girl would just show up and sit so patiently on the porch for her boyfriend? I haven't dated much, so maybe I'm just being paranoid. I shook off the feeling as I walked up to her with a fake, reassuring smile on my face.

"Hey darling." I said as I leaned in to kiss her.

"Hi dear." She replied but pulled away from me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Where were you just now?" She inquired.

"Just now? Ah, just driving around town. Getting some fresh air." I lied.

"Really?" She looked at me seriously.

"Yes, of course. Why the third degree?" I asked in a joking tone.

"Oh just heard a little something in town today. Thought that you and the sheriff had a little run in. That's all..." She stated softly.

My heart stopped. What if she knows? What if everyone knows? This town may be more connected than I thought. I need to play it cool though. I can't let her see how panicked I am right now.

"Yeah, I think I saw him briefly today, I ran into him when I was in the middle of getting a poor baby deer off the road that somebody had hit. Probably looked like I was getting rid of a body." I laughed.

"Well, isn't that just extremely sweet of you!" Her words burst out of her. "Especially since you just got out of the hospital, most people would have just drove on leaving that poor animal on the road. To think that you were just going to not say anything about it, how chivalrous of you! " She said as she pulled me into her energetic kiss.

"I just do what I think is right. So, anyway, how hungry are you? I'm completely famished. How about we order some pizza and cuddle up tonight?" I said with a smile.

"That sounds marvelous." She said with a sparkle in her eye.

I kissed her forehead and held her close to me. That was indeed a close one. I may have fooled her just now, but the rest of the town won't be so easy. I need to get to the bottom of this and quick. I think tonight shall be the night I start the procedures with Isabelle, a little sooner than I wanted but beggars can't be choosers.

I'll just have to slip some sleeping pills into her drink and then I shall be slipping into her mind, hopefully getting to the bottom of this whole town. That's if she knows anything at all. After all, I could just be paranoid and this is all just a fabricated dream that will be dissipated with the dreams of my sweet little Isabelle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long since I've wrote on this story. But I'm backkkkk and I even made some music dedicated to this novel. =)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Poetry-In-Melody/113678335344807