Status: Best readers in the world. Thank you guys. 7/2/11

I Love Him..and He Doesn't Even Notice Me

Hospital, Gross

*Evan's POV*

It's been a week since I found Ivy passed out in my bathroom. It's been as week since Ivy was surrounded in a puddle of her own blood. It's been a week since I've felt her warm touch on mine. It's been a week since Ivy's been in a coma.

It's been a whole fucking week!

I couldn't help but to feel lifeless. For the past week Ivy has been the only thing to occupy my mind. I haven't thought about eating, drinking, my family, other girls, or sports. It's all been about Ivy.

I've been by her side. I haven't left, at all. I don't remember the last time I took a shower, I did brush my teeth though. Twice a day. Yeah I'm so sad. Pathetic. I don't care, I just wanted Ivy back.

I shuddered when I remembered finding her on the bathroom floor, calling the cops, sitting in the ambulance, watching the doctors take her from me, having the doctors tell me that she was in a coma, walking into her hospital room and holding her hand, crying. I remembered it all.

The whole time I could only ask myself one thing. Why? Why did it have to be Ivy? Why a coma? Why did she cut herself? Why did she have to be taken from me? Why did I sleep with Casey? Why did Cole tell Ivy?

Why didn't I tell Ivy?

My conclusion: it was all my fault. All of it.

Now, all I could do was hope and pray that she came back to me. I did so many things that the doctor said might help wake her up, I talked to her, read to her, sang to her, played to her. I did anything, and everything, yet it still wasn't working.

I didn't know what else to do.

*Ivy's POV*

"Wakie Wakie, Ivy." I heard the angelic voice whisper to me.

I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. It was like someone had concreted them shut. I felt like I was drowning in the darkness. I screamed, but no one heard me. I trashed and kicked, but my body didn't respond. I lay still, immobile. Fuck!

"Come on, Ivy. Focus. Wake up."

This annoying voice really needs to just shut the fuck up. I'm trying dammit! What does it look like I'm doing? Playing charades?

"Oh just fucking try harder, Ivy. I need you.."

Evan? That voice sounded like Evan's.

I felt something squeeze my hand. What the fuck was that? Oh my god I need to open my eyes! Something might be happening to me! Ahhhh!

I tried and tried. The cement was slowly going away, and soon enough I opened my eyes. First thing, I looked around me, I was in a white room with monitors, Evan was sitting next to me, his eyes closed guitar in hand. Second I looked at my hand and saw that Evan was holding it. Third I listened to Evan sing one of my favorite songs. You're Beautiful by James Blunt.

My life is brilliant,
My life is brilliant,
My love is pure,
I saw an angel of that I'm sure
She smiled at me on the subway
She was with another man
But I won't lose no sleep on that cause I've got a plan.
You're beautiful
You're beautiful
You're beautiful
It's true
I saw your face in a crowded place
And I don't know what to do
Cause I'll never be with you.
Yes, she caught my eye
As I walked on by
She could see from my face that I was flying high
And I don't think that I'll see her again
But we shared a moment that will last until the end
You're beautiful
You're beautiful
You're beautiful
It's true
I saw your face in a crowded place
And I don't know what to do
Cause I'll never be with you
La da da da
La da da da
La da da da
You're beautiful
You're beautiful
You're beautiful
It's true
There must be an angel with a smile on her face
When she thought up that I should be with you
But it's time to face the truth
I will never be with you..


I squeezed his hand, "Now, who said that was the truth?"

Evan screamed, I would have to. My voice sounded like a zombie's! I must be hopped up on drugs. Stupid hospital...

"Ivy..I must be dreaming." Evan looked at the floor with a pained expression.

"Well, thanks for admitting that you dream about me, but this isn't a dream. I'm pretty sure this is reality." What an idiot.

"Oh my god, Ivy!" Evan jumped onto the hospital bed and hugged me.

"Ow ow, Evan you're hurting me. Please stop."

"Sorry I'm just soo happy that you're alive!"

"Alive? How long have I been asleep?"

Evan looked glum, "Ivy, you've been in a coma for a week."

"A coma?! Um, how?"

"You bleed so much. I found you in a..puddle of your own blood.."

"Well damn, I'm never cutting again!" Wow, I'm so stupid.

"Good." Evan smiled down I at me.

I smiled back at him. My heart started beating faster, and I blushed because you could hear it on the monitor. Evan leaned in, and my nose wrinkled.

"Evan, you smell."

He just laughed at me. I could tell, that whatever happened with Casey was behind us..at least for now. It was just me and him. Together.
♠ ♠ ♠
The moment a lot of you have been waiting for. Ivy and Evan are together!!!
Comment and Subscribe!
4 comments