Status: Oh hey. This is the beginning.

Let me show you how I see

Two

I brushed my hair, letting it hang naturally in waves. Makeup was put on, and I dressed in a pair of warm yoga-like pants and a long-sleeved shirt. I put on my boots and jacket, along with a scarf and hat, then filled a gym bag with my old, slightly beaten pair of skates, gloves, and socks.
I walked out into the frigid winter air of Pittsburgh, a place that I had grown to love after living there for nearly five years. I got in my car, mentally preparing myself for the excitement that I had to look forward to when I arrived at the Iceoplex.
The practice lot was nearly empty, besides a large bus and a few cars. I felt a smile creeping on my face as I approached the doors. In the main lobby, I pulled on my skates and tightened their old straps. I then carefully walked out to the rink. Coming from a nearly silent room, the ice rink was incredibly loud. Yells from the team members echoed throughout the place, and shouts from the coaches rang out loudly.
“Oh hey! You must be Ms. Rousseau!” A loud, friendly voice said to my right.
I took in a sharp breath. It was Dan Blysma, the head coach.
“Bonjour! You can call me Maddy. You must be Mr. Blysma! It’s such a pleasure to meet you sir!” I replied excitedly, the grin that had snuck on my face then apparent.
“Haha, don’t call me “Mr. Blysma”. Just call me Dan or coach, okay? It’s nice to meet you too.” He began, but was cut short. “Oy! Stop messing around! Get your asses back in the game!” He shouted in a authority-filled voice.
“Sorry about that. Come on, let’s go get you to meeting the team, the practice is nearly over anyway.” He said apologetically, beckoning me to the doors of the rink. I followed behind him, suddenly shy.
“Hey guys, let me have you attention!” Dan shouted. The members of the team all stopped and turned.
“This is Maddy, our new assistant manager.” He said a bit quieter, gesturing to me.
“Hallo everyone” I said, smiling shyly and waving. Stupid accent.
“Oh! A Frenchy! Look, Fleury has another friend.” Someone, who I assumed was Brent Johnson, called out.
“Oh, shut the fuck up, you douche.” Fleury yelled, laughing. I was right, it was Johnson. “Bonjour, belle fille” He shouted to me. I smiled.
“Come out here, Maddy. Can you skate?” Max Talbot yelled to me. I nodded, taking off my coat and leaving it on a bleacher. I stepped out on the ice and skated shyly to the center.
I suddenly felt like I had run into a concrete wall, and was being lifted off the ground. Talbot had me in a huge, tight hug. I laughed weakly, not really being able to breathe.
“Welcome to the team!” He said, laughing.
“Hey, hey. Let her down, the girl can’t breathe.” A voice said from behind me. Talbot let me down, making sure I had balance on my skates when I touched the ice. “I’m Sidney, it’s nice to meet you.” I turned around to face Sidney Crosby. He was lovely, even more so in person than on the television.
“It’s nice to meet you too.” I replied laughing. He put his hand up. I grinned and gave him a high five.
“I’m Jordan.” Said Jordan Staal, coming up behind him, also giving me a high five.
After going through twenty three high fives and a few breath taking hugs, the last member of the team came up to me.
“I’m Evgeni. It good to meet you.” Said Evgeni Malkin in a thick, Russian accent. He was tall, a foot taller than me, muscular, and somewhat awkward in the way he stood .
“Everyone call me Geno.” He added, smiling and lifting, or, rather, lowering his hand to give me a high five. I smiled and hit my hand, tiny in comparison, to his.
“Nice to meet you, Geno.” I said. My accent sounded so slight compared to his, but, in my opinion it was nowhere near as charming.
“Sorry for English. It not so good yet.” He said somewhat sadly, looking down.
“Oh, its fine, I can understand you perfectly.” I replied, suddenly sorry. I guess He thought that I didn’t like his voice.
“Thanks.” He smiled, the slight frown on his face gone again. His smile was also incredibly charming.
“Alright everyone, I know we got some practice in beforehand, go ahead and have a break.” Dan interrupted loudly.
“Hey, Maddy, you play hockey, yes?” Fleury called out to me. A naughty grin crossing his face.
“Sometimes. Why?” I asked, curious as to see what he wanted to do. I suddenly recalled Mr. Shero saying that I should expect to be playing some kind of game with them.
“Well, get in line!” He yelled. I hadn’t noticed the members had formed a messy line behind Jordan, whom was looking slightly miserable in the front. I skated somewhat nervously over to the back, where Geno was standing.
“No worry. You just shoot.” He said, picking up on my worried face. My eyes widened.
“Don’t worry? You really think I can shoot when Fleury is on the goal?” I asked, only slightly horrified. He burst into a fit of laughter.
“I’ll help, so, no worry.” He chortled, turning back around.
The line went much too fast. My nervousness built up almost to a boiling point by the time Evgeni took his shot. I skated slowly to the line. Suddenly, long arms where around me. I looked back in surprise.
“I told you I help. ” Geno said, winking. He fit his hands over mine, melting his arms to fit the same position as mine.
Fleury registered the position, and frowned. At that same moment, I felt my arms snap violently fast, hitting the puck into the goal.
“Geno, you stupid shit!” Fleury yelled in a angry voice, but, his face still held it’s childish grin.
“What? You sorry you lost to girl?” Evgeni replied, laughing. I let out a surprising giggle and covered my mouth. Fleury’s face was ridiculously funny. By that time, I knew the job was going to be even better than i had hoped.

The games went on for about another twenty minutes before Dan decided to close the session. The team went and took their showers, coming out steamy and soap-scented. Most of the boys said their goodbyes, giving me another lineup of high fives. I admired them greatly, how, they all got along so well, and how they stood together and played around like brothers. It was nice to see, coming from a family that wasn’t exactly ever close.
“Hey! Jolie fille! Staal, Sid, Geno, Max, Kris an’ I ‘ar getting together for a drink, you wanna join us?” Fleury called out to me, his silly grin still across his face.
“Uh... Okay! That sounds fun!” I replied, looking down at myself, a bit unsure. I was still wearing my yoga pants and sweatshirt while they all had a jeans and longsleeved shirts on.
“Oh, you’re worried boot’ ow’ you look? Petite sotte, you look fine. We’re jus’ going to a bar.” Tanger laughed. I wasn't exactly reassured.
“I really should go home and change.” I protested with a frown. I wasn’t going out with a bunch of hockey players in sweats.
“Oy, fine. We’ll follow behind you and wait while you get yourself all cutesy.” Marc resigned, rolling his eyes. I grinned. It was much too easy for a women to win in a situation that involved clothes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep.
Geno is out, injured. I could cry. Scratch that, i will cry.
Bye now.