Sooner Or Later

Seperated

He gaped at Alecia, not believing his eyes.
Claire looked equally surprised and scared. Alecia waved her hand and suddenly Claire was flying across the room, landing next to Frank.
Claire felt helpless and sore. She didn’t know what to do, she looked around as Alecia and the rest of the hunters advanced on the two.
“You traitor!” Frank moaned.
Alecia laughed, “You miserable vampire, not only do you live a pathetic life, you have shown you are also a cheating fuck.”
“You’re a vampire too!!” Frank replied, his voice filled with new hate.
“hahahaha are you serious? Notice how my teeth never grew? How you never saw me actually drink any blood? You were so preoccupied with ‘getting over’ Claire that you never noticed I wasn’t a vampire. Or that I was a hunter.”
As this conversation was going on, Claire was looking around the room for anyway to get away. She noticed a deodorant can lying on the floor about a meter away. She slowly shuffled her way towards it, and taking a breath; she lunged for the can and sprayed it in Alecia’s eyes and any other hunter’s eyes.
“AAAAARRRGGGHGHHHH!!!” Alecia screamed, “Get them!!!!!”
Claire and Frank took the opportunity and leapt for the window next to them. Claire fell into a bush and as she scrambled up her top ripped on a branch. She ran as fast and far as she could. Finally she ran out of breath collapsing in a deserted street, she lay there taking big breaths and noticed that the street lamps were just turning on. It was very quiet and Claire knew she wasn’t being chased. Then she realised, Frank.
She got up and looked around.
Where was he? He must have run a different way.
Claire had absolutely no way of contacting him. She was lost, scared and alone.

Claire walked down the street, she felt cold from the inside out. Tears ran down her face and slowly fell to the ground. She looked for something familiar, some places that Frank would come looking for her...if Frank was even alright. She spotted a park a ways ahead, she picked up the pace and took a seat on the swing, leaning her head against the metal of the chain,
"Where are you?" she said to herself.

Frank had jumped out of the window with Claire, his pants tangled in the bushes, he saw Claire get up and run away. Unsure of how to feel, angry that she had left him, but she hadn't seen him jump and glad that she had a shot of getting away.
"Need some help getting your pants off Frank?"
Frank looked up and saw Alecia standing in front of him. He tugged hard on his pant leg and pulled it free, he stood up. She had her arms crossed as she watched him,
"She left you, Frank. Give it up."
Frank was about to say something when suddenly, Alecia fell forward, making Frank jump back as she threatened to land on him and pin him down underneath her. He looked over to where she had stood, a man a good head taller than him stood there holding onto a large black stick that had some sort of silver top to it that shone in the dim light of the moon and stars.

"Watch out" the man's voice hissed, Frank ducked as he jumped towards him and struck one of the hunters in the face, and then hit him aside his temple, knocking him out, the silver animal shaped head of his cane was stained with blood, Frank could smell it in the air. He felt a hand grab his ankle, he tried to shake it off, he felt something stab him in the leg, he yelled out in pain. The stranger was too busy to notice, trying to fight off the other two hunters that had appeared at once, both of them had stakes raised. He saw him spin around, and notice his fangs and the cold glare in his eyes, tainting the hunters that he was fighting, one of them fell to the side, he grabbed the other one and held his back to his chest and pulled his head aside, opening up his neck for the bite. He looked over at Frank and lunged down into his neck, the hunter screamed. Within a minute, he drained him and threw his body aside.
Alecia stood up and hit Frank from behind, he fell to the ground knocked unconscious.

Claire draped her arms around her knees, hugging them. She didn't know what to do, she couldn't stay there, but where was there to go? She felt tears forming all over again in her eyes. She blinked them away, or tried to, instead they just ran down her cheeks. She heard the bushes rattle and footsteps in the distance. Part of Claire was tempted to call out for Frank, but she knew the chances were that it wasn't him. Not wanting to get caught by a hunter, she got off the swing and went to a dark corner of the playground, and hid behind a cluster of large trees and watched the street.
A hand touched her shoulder and Claire screamed.
"Shush! If you make any more noise you’ll get us both caught." Claire turned around, half expecting it to be Alecia but it was a stranger's face, she looked older than Frank.
"We should move its not safe. They can't be far from here." The stranger let go of Claire and walked back into the bush.
"Who?" Claire asked, already knowing the answer.
“The hunters! Come on. We need to move fast." The stranger smiled, her fangs gleamed in the lights, "Unless you'd rather stay and make it easy for them?"
"No. It's just that…" Claire trailed off.
"What?!" The stranger asked impatiently.
"I'm not sure if Frank's alright." The stranger looked at Claire. Claire tucked some of her hair behind her ear, feeling unease by the gaze coming from the haunting eyes. "I need to find him..."
"We'll look later. We need to hide now. If he's alive, I'm sure he's doing the same. Come on!"
"Who are you?"
"A friend."
"What's your name though?"
"Just call me Stormy, you?"
"Claire..."
"Well, Claire...come on. You can stay at my place until we find your ‘Frank'". Claire nodded and followed Stormy out and through the bushes.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please!!! - thoughts?