Sooner Or Later

Safe house

Stormy headed across the drive to Ray's house, lights were on. She knocked on the door and waited for him to answer, Ray opened the door "Oh hey...Stormy right?"
"Right."
" Come on in." Stormy nodded, and stepped inside... she looked around, the house was still full of boxes "Sorry for the mess...still getting settled in."
"Hey no problem."
"So, what can I do for you?"
"Well I was just wondering how you knew Claire?"
"Oh uh...we met online about 3 and a half years ago. She helped me out when I was going through this really hard time."
"Were you more than friends?" Ray gave her a funny look.
"I don’t know…I thought so.” He answered slowly.
"What happened?"
"She needed me and I wasn't there...and then, she met this guy, Frank and slowly we fell apart. And lately, I've missed her a lot more than I used to."
"So you still like her huh? Interesting." Ray looked at his neighbour. She moved around the room with a gliding nature, looking at the few things that had been unpacked and hung or set up.
"Tell me...would you like a chance to be there for her again? Another chance to...be a better friend?"
"Of course I would. I'd do anything to be with Claire again." Stormy smirked, her back was turned, she moved her jaw a bit and moved out her fangs from the fronts she used to hide them, taking them out of her mouth and securing them into a pocket...
"Anything?" She said, turning around.

The house was dark when Claire came back, there was still about two hours left of darkness to search, but she wanted Stormy's help, to see if she had come up with any ideas.
"Stormy?" Claire yelled into the darkness.
"Up here." Stormy called down to her. Claire headed up the winding staircase and down the hallway to where there was a dim glow of lights. Stormy was sitting on the side of the bed, blocking Claire's view to whoever lay there. "Frank?"
"No...not Frank." Stormy cooed. Claire walked around a bit and saw Ray laying there, sleeping. Claire noticed the puncture wounds on his neck
"What did you-"
"He'll be better in the morning. Did you find anything?"
“You BIT him?” she hissed.
Stormy looked hurt “I thought it was what you wanted…”
“What I WANTED?” her voice started to rise.
“Yes actually, it said it all in your eyes.”
“Oh…RIGHT…so my eyes told you to make HIM into a vampire, well that explains it all, case closed.”
She turned to leave but Stormy grabbed her arm, “I’m sorry, I thought you really wanted this, I’m just not very good at reading people.”
Claire gave her a cold stare but didn’t leave the room.
“Claire? Did you find anything?”
"No. Just my old friends Jess, Trina and Emily " Claire sat down on the bed and touched Ray's forehead, she smiled halfway "Did you?"
"Just a rumour."
"What kind of rumour?"
"A house, yours, was attacked by a group of hunters. A girl got away, the male was attacked, until a hunter saved him."
"A hunter SAVED him?"
"Our hunters." Claire looked at her confused. "Just as we are hunted, we hunt them. Very few are talented enough to do that kind of work."
"Did they say where he is?"
"Claire...it's a rumour. The kind you hear all the time. Sometimes it's one girl or two, or a group of them... You shouldn't put so much hope into it, it could be true, but it might not be."
Claire was tearing up again.
"Shhh...we'll find him soon. Frank's strong. He was born a vampire, and if that rumour is true, he's got the best protection you can find."
Stormy hugged Claire. They heard a knock on the door. "Stay here with Ray just in case he wakes."
Stormy headed downstairs, Claire strained to hear them talking, but soon gave up trying, she watched Ray sleep she bit her lip, it bled, she sucked the blood and coughed...it tasted weird.
"Claire?" She turned around to see Stormy standing with a man, easily 6 feet tall, with short black hair and tattoos.
"Met Rev. My boyfriend."
"Hi Claire."
"Hi." She looked at him. "You're human?" He chuckled.
"Yeah I am. Stormy's a picky sire, been trying for weeks to get her to but she hasn't budged yet. See she'll go and sire a stranger though."
"He was for Claire."
"So charitable. She's full grown though aren't you? Why not do it yourself?"
"I'm not sure I could, not to Ray." Claire looked back at him.
"Claire, Rev has some news for you."
"What?"
"Not here. Let's go downstairs." Claire looked helplessly at Ray. "He'll be fine. If something goes wrong we'll know." Claire stood up and reluctantly went downstairs.
"What is it?"
"She told you the rumour? Well I ran into someone who can confirm it. Talked to the hunter who showed up at your house himself..."
"So Frank's alright? Where is he?"
"I don't know. All I know is that Frank is fine and that he's safe. This hunter, no one knows where he lives. No one sees him until he's fighting...and then he's gone."
"How do you-"
"Rev's always been a bit...of an enthusiast. Even before I met him." Stormy stroked his hair and ran a finger along the contour of his neck. "With the three of us Claire, we'll find him. And if he's looking our chances are better. "
"If he's looking."