Sooner Or Later

"So you've been turned into a Vamp, what's next?

Frank slowly backed away, “Whoa, hold on there. I’m Frank….”
Jess’s eyes softened a little and she leaned against the side of the wall for support, her arms dangling by her sides.
“Where am I?” She looked down at her hands, “What am I?”
Frank risked a small worried glance in Claire’s direction and then led Jess into the closest empty room.
“Sit down and I’ll explain everything.” He said pointing to the chair in the corner of the room.
She sat down and he handed her a pamphlet, “I can’t believe I remembered to keep this on me.” Frank muttered to himself.
“What’s in the booklet?” she asked as she started to open it.
“You’ll just have to read it over a couple of times before you get it.” He said and started to back out of the room.
As soon as her head lowered to read it he shot out of the room and locked the door behind him. He still had two more copies of “So you’ve been turned into a vampire, what’s next?” to give away but right now he needed to help Claire.
He knelt beside her limp body and pulled her head into his lap. A bruise was forming on her forehead but there was no sign of blood, he guessed that must be a good thing. He ripped open a small vein in his arm and let a couple of drops of his blood fall into her open mouth, hoping it would help her regain consciousness.
Claire moaned and slowly opened her eyes. She started to speak but Frank held a finger to her lips.
“Shhhhh, I’ll take you somewhere safe.”
He lifted her into his arms and began to cautiously walk down the hallway, not wanting to be attacked again.
Suddenly, Ray skidded around the corner breathing heavily.
“Frank!”
Frank looked up, “What? Did you find Trina and Emily?”
He nodded, “But I got there too late…you were right, they reacted badly…”
Frank nodded, “There wasn’t anything you could do. We should move the bodies before she wakes up.” He said titling his head down toward Claire who had fallen asleep, her head pressed into his chest.