Sooner Or Later

Questions

'Shit' she thought to herself.
She pulled her mobile out of her pocket with her good hand…no reception. Claire had no idea what to do, she had no idea where she was and had no way of finding out. She tried to walk somewhere... anywhere, but she was too drowsy. Her arm had stopped bleeding now but she had lost a lot of blood. She felt stupid thinking about what she had done to herself. If she had never 'met' Ray she wouldn't be feeling this way.

She thought about her proposed meeting with Bob and wondered if he would notice that she hadn't turned up. He may just think she stood him up. He was probably too vain to notice anything but himself, but him begging her to meet her made her re-think that.
It was getting dark now and there was a cool breeze that sent shivers all up her spine. Claire was beginning to get scared now. She felt unsafe, like someone was following her, watching her, yet when she looked around the street was still deserted.

She stumbled a little and slumped to the ground, too weak to get up. She curled into ball, pulling her legs close to her chest, dipping her head downwards to block out her surroundings. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she lay there unable to move. Suddenly she felt a cold hand on her back. She turned around and came face to face with a boy that didn't look much older than her. He looked kinda cute, had short black hair, a boyish face and intense dark brooding eyes that were staring down at her intently.

"Uh..N..Need a hand?" He shifted his weight nervously. Claire didn't reply. She didn’t understand where he could have come from, seconds ago the street had been deserted. He reached out his hand and Claire grabbed it. He helped her up, she still felt light headed so she leant on him for support.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked slowly, in a soft voice not wanting to frighten her. She looked back at him with a fragile and confused look.
"I..I got lost, I don't know...I was on a bus and I got off..." She replied quietly with wide eyes that searched his face.

"Oh, don't worry, I look after you. My name’s Frank."
Claire was a bit worried, she didn’t know this mysterious boy and she knew it wasn’t the safest thing to go with him but as darkness swam before her eyes she hoped this boy wouldn’t hurt her.

She passed out and awoke the next night just as the sun was beginning to set. Her head was spinning and as she sat up she could feel the blood rushing through her body.
As her eyes adjusted she looked around a dark but familiar room. She was in her bedroom. She couldn't help thinking it had all just been a dream. She looked down at her arm, it wasn't. She remembered last night, Frank. She wondered what had happened to him. She didn’t understand it, how did Frank know where she lived? She spotted a note on her bedside table.

Told you I'd look after you, you're invincible now!
Frank
P.s. I'll see you tonight ?

She smiled at the cute little smiley face but was a little creeped out. 'How does he know where I live, how'd he find me out there' she thought to herself but snapped out of it feeling a sharp pain in her neck. She assumed it was just from sleeping badly.
She went to look out her window but her blinds were closed. Lifting an arm she flicked open the blinds, the rays of the setting sun shot out through the blinds and burnt her skin. She immediately closed them and stepped cautiously away from the window. Claire had never experienced that before.

She lay back down in her bed, her neck began to sting and as she massaged it she felt two little bumps. She looked at her fingers and saw that they were covered in half dried blood. She quickly jumped out of bed causing her head to swim. She stared into her mirror to try and see what was on her neck but no reflection looked back at her.
The door to her room swung open and Frank walked in. She stared at him with her big eyes and a shocked look. Frank, seeing her expression, stepped back a little, worried he had scared her.

"Am I dead? Are you an...an angel?" Claire asked with uncertainty, as she was never one to believe in angels or anything like that. "Did you kill me?!" She quickly added on knowing it didn't make much sense. If anyone had killed her it was probably herself.
"Errr..." Frank looked like he didn’t want to talk about the things she was asking. He began to feel guilty. "No... You’re not dead...you're...a...a vampire." It took what seemed like forever to spit that out.