Sooner Or Later

A room without a home

"A what?” Claire whispered back to Frank. She couldn't believe what he had just said.
"Is this some kind of joke? Did Ray or Bob put you up to it? Cause it’s NOT funny!" Her voice became louder, but shakey.
"Who and who?" Frank replied being a little taken aback by her reaction. "It's not a joke..." He trailed off waiting for her to explode at him. She didn't say anything; they just stood there staring at each other. As Frank stared, he saw that she still looked washed out but he began to notice how beautiful she was with her milky skin, long wavy chestnut hair with large eyes and frail looking limbs. His face relaxed and his mouth turned into slight smile as he gazed at her.
"What are you smirking at?" Claire asked noticing the change.
"Oh..." His cheeks turned red. "I wasn't, I didn't...smirking?" he asked a bit frazzled.
"You think this is funny?!" She grew angrier and angrier. Frank hesitated, he didn't mean for her to get mad. He just wanted to help her.
"No! It's just..." His entire face was now crimson, "You really are beautiful." He said, looking her straight in the eye. He looked adorable swaying in the doorway with his hands in his pockets that Claire didn't know what to say. She was embarrassed, she had never thought of herself as beautiful before.
Frank’s gaze travelled down her body and his eyes lingered on her arm. He had seen the blood spots through her top last night and now her entire arm was revealed and he could see all the scratches. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable but his face was full of concern.
"So...What happened to your arm?" Claire looked down at her arm and pulled her sleeve down to cover it.
"That’s nothing" She said forcing a small smile out.
"It's not nothing. Why did you do it?" He wasn't worried about making her uncomfortable now. He just wanted to...needed to help her.
"GET OUT! GET OUT!" She screamed. Frank hadn't expected this. He just stood there with a blank look on him face. "GET OUT!" She screamed once again.
Frank jumped and headed out of the door. He could understand why she was mad but she didn't have to kick her out. He did, after all, just save her life last night.
Claire stomach began to burn and tie up in knots. She feel on her bed wanting to cry but didn't. She couldn't. Claire just lay there. After about an hour she decided to go online and find some comfort in someone unknown. She could never talk to her friends about it, they didn't understand, they couldn't help.
She turned the computer on and went to look for the rest of her family while it loaded. She walked outside her doorway and into an unfamiliar room. This wasn’t her house. Confused she looked in other rooms, each more unlike the last. The house was abandoned. She walked outside. She was in the middle of nowhere but somehow living in a replica of her own room. She didn't understand what was happening. She decided to try and forget about it and went back to her trusty computer.
When Claire found her way back to her room and glanced at the screen she saw there was a million messages from Ray. She didn’t want anything to do with him and what his actions had caused her to do, but couldn't stop herself from reading and replying to them. He said he was sorry, that he loved her, that he would break up with his new girlfriend if it meant he could see her. Although she wanted him to she knew she couldn't make him do that. She still loved him but she hated him too. Her feelings were in a mess but Ray was the only thing remained the same in this strange place she was in. She knew know that they would never be together, he was too selfish and didn't really care for her. She thought back on their previous conversations, he just needed her to care for him when he was feeling low.
Her eyes drifted back to the open conversation box.

Rayman: So where have you been? Bob said you were supposed to meet him last night

Clare-o: I got lost.


She knew her reply wasn’t very descriptive but she didn’t want to explain everything. Although she knew telling someone would make it better, she didn’t like letting people into her life. She never let anyone in. Not even Ray.

Rayman: Oh, are you ok?

She knew his typing enough now to know that he didn't really want to know. Which is why she told him, he was not the only one with problems

Clare-o: Yes I’m great. After our fight I cut myself, then I went to meet Bob but got horribly lost. Then Frank came and helped me and now I’m a vampire.

She typed in one go wanting Ray to know what he'd done to her. She regretted it immediately after realizing she had told him important information about herself.

Rayman: Frank?? Who's he?

Ray had completely skipped over her cutting herself, wanting to know about Frank. Claire grew angry. He wasn’t even paying attention to what really mattered.