Sooner Or Later

The birthday party

When she woke she was lying in her own bed. She looked around the room.
"Frank?" she called out nervously.
"Huh...Oh you're awake... I'm here." He said getting up and walking over to her. He handed her a cup.
"What's this?" Claire asked.
"Just try it, you'll like it." He looked down and smiled at her. She sat up and took a sip, it was delicious. She drank the whole cup in one go.
"Mmm, was that?...Is there more?" She asked licking her lips.
"There sure is, you liked it didn't you? I'll get you some more." He ran off, he looked like an excited little kid it made Claire giggle.
"What's so funny?" He asked when he arrived back with another class of blood. Claire eagerly took and drank it.
"You! You looked so excited...it was really adorable Frankie." She said once she had finished her drink.
"O..K...mum." He said mocking the way she sounded.
"So I guess we missed the party..." She was now full of energy after having two refreshing drinks. Frank burst out with laughter.
"One track mind huh Claire? No, we haven’t missed it, we could still make it if you hurry..." He trailed off; he still didn't want her to go. After hearing this, however, she immediately jumped up and got changed right infront of Frank.
"Ahhh, do you mind?" He snapped in a very childish voice.
"Oh c'mon Frank, we're like family!" She said while running up and punching him playfully in the arm. "I know you enjoyed the show." Frank blushed.
"Oh I did NOT!" He said once again in a very childish voice. 'Family?' he thought to himself. His heart sunk but his face didn't change. He didn't want Claire to pick up on anything.

They arrived at the party and were greeted by a slightly chubby guy with short hair.
"Bob?" Claire guessed.
"Are you Claire?" He replied.
"That’s me, this is Frank." She said back pointing to Frank.
“Oh, Hey”. Bob replied not really taking notice. As Claire and Frank walked inside to find Ray, Bob gave Claire the once over, to see if she had been telling the truth about what she’d done before. Frank noticed this however and wrapped his arm around Claire blocking Bob’s view. Frank had already had enough of this party and the people in it.
When they got inside there were so many people. They all stopped what they were doing and enviously stared at Claire. She stared back scanning everyone. The room seemed pretty dull compared to the vibrant parties she was used to. Almost everyone was wearing black and only black clothing. She felt out of place turning up in a green top. There was emo music playing, again, definitely not the music people would be playing at the parties she used to go to.
When she snapped out of it she noticed Frank wasn’t by her side anymore. She panicked and looked around in search of him. She spotted him in a corner talking to some girls, he fit in here completely. Claire felt her cheeks heat up with jealousy. Before she could get over to him and fight his new fans off she was attacked by a pair of arms.
“Claire…I’m sooooo glad you made it!” a drunken voice said. She turned around and saw a guy quite a bit taller than herself with an afro.
“Ray?” she asked cautiously.
“Yup! How are you? Oh I’m glad you came! Where’s Bob? Did you see Bob?” Ray began to ramble on than stopped as he spotted Frank.
“Yea…I saw him outside…” Claire tried to say to Ray but he had already begun to walk over to Frank.
“Oi…Who are YOU? This is an INVITATION ONLY party for guys!” Ray yelled in Franks face. Frank just stuck his hand out to introduce himself.
“Hi, I’m Frank I came with…” He didn’t have a chance to finish as Ray had hooked him in the face.
“FRANK!” Claire screamed running over to him. Once she fought through his little fan club she saw Frank, he opened his eyes and look around the room with a confused expression. He had a cut lip but it wasn’t too bad.
“You know him? That fag came to my party uninvited!” Ray said stumbling a little. He was completely horsed.
“Frank came with me!” She said to Ray over her shoulder. “Fuck are you ok?” She asked Frank.
“Yea, yea, I’m fine!” He said getting back up on his feet.
“Oh…That’s FRANK” Claire heard Ray mumble in the background.
“I think we should go Frank” Claire said. All the girls around them sighed a little. She knew Frank wasn’t ugly but she’d never really taken in how good looking he was.
“NO CLAAAAAIRE, I don’t want you to leeeeaveeee!!” Ray stated. “Frank…” He let out a little groan “he can stay too I suppose! Just stay Claire!”
“I’ll be fine Claire! We can stay a while” He said looking down and smiling at her. Ray handed each of them a beer.
“Drink up and enjoy the party!”
Even though Claire had been to a few parties before she was never much of a drinker. She stared at Frank who had already drunken half his bottle.
“Frank” She whispered in his ear. “I don’t really wanna drink this.” He hung his arm over her shoulder.
“Ok switch bottles” He whispered back, sculling the last of his bottle.
“Oh! Finished already?!” Ray said walking over to Claire, picking another bottle up on his way. “Oh, Frank you’ve hardly had any! C’mon man drink up!” He handed the bottle to Claire. “Here you go!” He stood their waiting a while. “Aren’t you going to have any?”
“Uh, not at the moment…” Claire replied.
“C’mon have some fun! Scull it!”
“Oi, she said not at the moment” Frank said jumping to Claire’s defence.
“Just because you’re a wimp doesn’t mean Claire can’t enjoy the party!” Ray shouted back. Claire took a sip but had to pull her face into Frank’s chest to cover up her scrunched up face.

“See, she likes it!” Ray said laughing at himself as he walked off.
He came back awhile later with a girl. She didn’t look like the rest of the people. She was dressed in brightly coloured clothes with long straight brown hair and she was holding on the Ray quite possessively.
“This is Karrie!” Ray exclaimed. “Karrie this is Claire!” He pointed to Claire.
“Oh, Hey I’ve heard sooo much about you!” She said to Claire in a bitchy ‘I know all your secrets’ kind of way.
“Hey, I’ve heard heaps about you too!” Claire said mocking Karrie’s tone.
“RAY!” They all turned around. Someone was calling for Ray from outside.
“Uh, you guys get to know each other” He said as he stumbled outside.
“So, you must be Frank, Claire’s boyfriend.” Karrie asked.
“Actually, we’re just friends.” Claire said quickly, feeling foolish about what she had told Ray. Frank looked down at the ground disappointedly.
“Oh” Karrie’s eyebrows rose. She moved in closer to Frank.
“Yea and you’re with Ray, right?” Claire said noticing Karrie’s some what fliratious body language towards Frank.
“Uh, sure” She hissed back moving in closer again as she tried to flirt with him but he still hadn’t taken any notice her.
“Um, Frank, can you get me another drink?” Claire asked. Frank looked up at her a little confused. He looked at her bottle which was finished.
“You sure?”
“Yea” she smiled. Claire was feeling a little light headed not being used to drinking but she felt like she needed a drink. She wanted to drink her sorrows away.
Frank returned with a drink and handed it to Claire.
“Go easy” he whispered into her ear as she walked off to dance.
Frank sat on a couch talking to people. A few hours later Claire stumbled up to him. She could barely walk. She sat down on his lap and rested her head on his shoulder.
“Mmm, you smell nice.” She mumbled, “You know what I feel like?” she asked him almost asleep now.
“What?” he replied gently brushing the hair back from her face.
“More alcohol!” She screamed getting up and scampering off back into the crowd.
“Ha, Bob! Let’s dance!” Claire yelled while grabbing him and beginning to dance.
As the music slowed Claire got more and more drowsy. Bob walked her outside for some ‘fresh air’ and perched her up on a box.
“I don’t feel so good.” Claire stated.
“I’ve got something that will make you feel better.” Bob replied handing her a glass of some unknown substance. He leaned over her and kissed her neck. Claire pushed him away and stood up and attempted to walk back inside but was blocked by Bob. She leaned into him and whispered in his ear.
“You know what I need?” She said softly
“I think you need another drink.” He replied pushing the glass towards her again.
“Na, that’s not what I need…I need blood.” She said leaning into his neck and sinking her teeth in.