Sooner Or Later

Hunted

All bob felt was her lips on his neck.

Just then Frank burst out the front door. Closing the door quickly behind him to separate himself from the giggling group of girls. He began to search desperately for Claire.

Walking around the corner of the house, Frank could make out two figures in the shadows. He took a step closer and noticed one of them was Claire. Seeing that she was with someone he felt a stab of jealousy. Filled with rage he stormed over and pulled Claire back. He was shocked to find that she had blood dripping down the side of her mouth. Before he could say anything Claire leaned forward and pressed her lips against his. After a few seconds she stumbled away back into the house not even looking back to see whom she had just kissed.
Frank was stunned and confused but even more so when he turned around to see the other figure that was in the shadows, now knocked out and lying on the ground.
He turned the unconscious body over and saw it was Bob. Horrified that blood was seeping out of two holes in Bob’s neck he immediately put pressure on the wound. He knew that Bob would survive and was relieved that Claire wasn’t a fully-grown vampire and unlike him, couldn’t change others into vampires. He just hoped that Bob wouldn’t remember the incident.
As Bob started to moan Frank quickly backed away. He didn’t want to be the first person Bob saw when he woke. Walking about into the house he saw that Claire had passed out on the couch. Ray was bent over her, trying to pick her up.
“I can take it from here,” Frank said walking over.
“It’s not what it looks like,” A drunken Ray replied.
“Um, ok,” Frank said, a little baffled wondering what Ray was just about to do.
He picked Claire up and carried her home, anxious to get there before dawn.

She woke the next morning back in her own room. She stumbled downstairs with a thumping headache.
“How’s your head?” She heard a voice say behind her. Claire swung around a little too fast and had to regain her balance.
She looked up and saw Frank sitting in the lounge. She went over and joined him.
“What did I do last night?” She moaned, putting a hand to her head.
“You don’t remember?” He asked with a soft concerned voice.
“No shit, why do you think I asked?” She snapped, cranky from the loss of sleep.
“Sorry, I just don’t feel very well.” She quickly added after noticing Frank’s emotions change. “Shit,” She continued, “I must have made a complete fool of myself.. and in front of Ray.”
Again Frank’s emotions changed and a flash of annoyance crossed his face, “Ray? Why are you still going on about him?”
Claire looked hurt, “Frank, it WAS his party.”
“But you always talk about him, he’s such a jerk why do you bother with him?”
“He’s the only connection with the world I used to live in!” She screamed, tears streaming down her face, “Everything was fine until you came along and BIT ME!”
“Claire you were suicidal! You were CUTTING, you weren’t alright.”
“And turning me into a vampire was your idea of HELPING ME?”
“Well if I’m so terrible and such a bad person then why’d you…” Frank trailed off.
“Why’d I what?” She screamed.
“Never mind.” He whispered.
“NO FRANK! Tell me! Why did I what?”
“Then why the fuck did you kiss me?!” He screamed back, storming off to his room and locking the door.
Claire was speechless. She just stood there looking stunned.

After a few moments she snapped out of it and followed Frank’s lead storming to her own room and slamming her own door. She lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling, trying her hardest to remember what happened at Ray’s party. Part of her didn’t want to remember. She was kicking herself for getting so wasted.
Downstairs Frank also lay in his bed. He didn’t know what to do, he didn’t know why he’d told her that she had kissed him, he knew she couldn’t remember it and even at the time she probably didn’t know who she was kissing. He loved Claire, he would never dream of hurting her, he wanted to protect her he would do anything for her. His entire body was aching for her to feel even the tiniest way back.

The next week passed silently. They tried to avoid one another as much as possible and stayed in their own rooms the entire day. If they did bump into one another or had to see each other Frank would look at Claire with a hopeful expression wishing she would talk to him but Claire would just shoot back an evil and angry glance and that was that.

A couple of months had now passed and it was coming up to Claire’s 15th Birthday. Unfortunately Claire had been really stubborn so her and Frank were barely talking after all this time. They had almost gotten used to the silent meals but neither of them was happy.
Frank tried to get on with ‘life’ but continued to long for Claire.
Claire also missed Frank. She needed his love and affection especially now. She was still talking to Ray on the internet trying to comfort him and be there for him which was making her become depressed again. Ray had some way of making her feel the worst she possibly could. ‘No shit’ Claire thought every time he would complain about Karrie. Things with them had been shaky ever since his party. ‘Maybe he’d realized she was a complete SLUT!’ Claire thought to herself.

Clare-o: So…Guess what!

She typed one night trying to sound excited but really just wanting to change the subject.

Rayman: What?

Clare-o: It’s my birthday in about a week! I’ll be 15!!

Rayman: Oh yea…That’s right… Its also Karrie’s birthday next month.


Claire sank down into her chair.

Clare-o: G2G

she typed signing off before he could say anything more.
“I needa change!” She blurted out without thinking. She stood up to go talk to Frank and try and change the current situation when she heard a knock at the door. She could hear Frank’s footsteps walking to the door to answer it. She couldn’t remember anyone coming to the house before but didn’t really take notice of this. She continued on her way and was just about to open her own door when she heard Frank’s swift footsteps running up the stairs. Her bedroom door burst open almost knocking Claire. Frank slammed the door and grabbed the nearest thing to him and pulled it in front of the door.
“Wha..” Claire began to ask but was cut off.
“Hunter!” Frank yelled back grabbing her hand. Claire could hear footsteps slowly walking up the stairs. She was frozen, she had no idea what to do.
Frank pulled her and jolted her out of it. He opened the window and they both began to climb through just as the vampire hunter burst through the door.
Claire and Frank were both just praying they would get through this safely and get away from the hunter.