Sooner Or Later

Left alone

Claire tried her hardest to fall back to sleep but at soon as she dosed of she was woken by Frank and Alecia jumping on her bed.
“Wake UP!” Frank screamed.
“Ugh, I just got back to sleep!” She moaned.
“Well you’ll have plenty of time during the day to do that! Now get up and get ready birthday girl!” Alecia said. Claire glanced at her watch,
“Nah ah, 2 more hours to go!” she replied wanting to go back to sleep. Alecia and Frank just ignored her and pulled her out of bed. Frank handed her an evening dress and ushered her into the bathroom to get ready.
Once she was dressed and ready they took her to a fancy restaurant
“Are you sure they won’t notice our fangs or any other thing that will give away that we are vampires?” Alecia worryingly whispered to Frank as they walked in.
“Oh it’s no problem, a few years ago we went to a party and no one noticed! Than again…they were all drunk…” Frank trailed off as someone came up to seat them. As they walked he continued to whisper.
“Your teeth haven’t grown that much.” He stated noticing it now for the first time.
“Yea, I know, disappointing, but at least I don’t have to bite people so it doesn’t really matter!” she shot back like she had been preparing for that question her entire life.
They were shown to their table and given menus.
“Whoa, guys, this place is expensive!” Claire said looking at the menu and not even raising her head. “Its an awesome surprise, thanks!” Now looking up at them.
“Oh, no, this isn’t the surprise.” Alecia told her casually.
“You mean there’s…more?” Claire hadn’t really been expecting anything, birthday’s were never a big thing for her.
“Yea, but don’t get too excited,” Frank said.
Claire looked a little confessed wonder why she wouldn’t get excited but she didn’t give it too much thought as she was interrupted by the waiter asking her what she would like to order. They all ordered their meals.
Once they had finished eating they went back home. Claire was first inside.
“So, what’s my surprise?” She eagerly asked as she ran into the living room but paused as chills ran up and down her body. She stared around the room her body frozen.
“Uh, Frank.” She said in almost a whisper so he didn’t even hear her. She was soon joined by Alecia and Frank who both froze next to Claire when they walked into the room.
“Hunters?” Claire asked nervously.
“Uh, we don’t know that, it could have just been some kids or something…” he trailed off. The room was a mess. Someone had broken in and messed the place up. “Just to be on the safe side we’ll move tomorrow.” Both Claire and Alecia nodded in agreement.
“So…err…what was my surprise?” Claire said trying to change the subject but still not moving or taking her eyes off the room. She was partially glad that they were moving and hopped the next house wouldn’t be as creepy.
“Oh, right…well as you know, it’s your 18th birthday and well that means that you’re now a full vampire…so if you bite people they can turn into vampires, and now you’ll stop aging too. You’re immortal.” Frank tried to explain to her but his mind was still elsewhere.
“Oh” she said kind of disappointed and not really paying attention to what he was saying. “Why didn’t I find out about this on your 18th birthday? And how did you bite me and make me a vampire before you were 18? Are you still 18?” she asked after giving what he said more thought and now paying more attention.
“Well” He started up, “My mum was bit when she was pregnant with me, so I was born full vampire because it was passed from her to me so when I was 18 I just stopped aging and nothing else…So yea even though it will be my 20th birthday I’m actually only 18 still now and forever.” He tried to answer as best he could.
They talked for hours about it with Claire asking questions and Frank answering them. When they were finished because Claire had run out of questions it was dawn. Alecia had gotten bored hours ago and had already gone to bed.
“Well, we better get some sleep before we move this afternoon. If it was Vampire hunters that broke in I’m sure they won’t be back till after then.” Frank said jumping up and pulling Claire up to her feet. “Oh and before I forget” He said pulling a box out from his back pocket, “I hope Alecia doesn’t mind I gave it to you without her being here.” He gave her a big hug, “Happy birthday, birthday girl!” Frank handed her the box. She opened it up and inside was the most beautiful bracelet and matching earrings she had ever seen.
“Whoa…this must have cost a bomb! It’s so awesome! I love it!” she squealed.
“Well, you’re worth it, and it is an important day!” He said back excited that she liked it.
They both went to bed and soon Claire was fast asleep whilst staring at the bracelet.
Her dreams started out fine until she was back in that car with her mum. She knew where the dream was heading and woke up in the same spot she always did. She let out a groan and rolled over looking at her watch.
“Noon, that’s ah about 6 hours sleep.”
She got up to get a glass of blood but instead of walking to the kitchen she found herself outside Frank’s room. She opened the door trying to be as silent as possible but the door creaked a little. She froze as Frank rolled over and let out a moan but he didn’t wake up so she continued to enter.

She slipped into his bed fitting her back into his chest and pulling his arm over her and around her waist. He woke up a bit and slowly and gently kissed her neck than lay his head back down onto the pillow to go back to sleep.

She slipped into his bed fitting her back into his chest and pulling his arm over her and around her waist.
He woke up a bit, slowly and gently kissed her neck then lay his head back down onto the pillow to go back to sleep. Claire turned over so she was now facing him. He opened him eyes and they widened in shock, he was a little surprised at first to find that it was Claire.
Before he could say anything she pressed her lips up against his and kissed him. She quickly pulled away a little unsure of what she was actually doing. Frank leant in and kissed her back than he too pulled away and a small smile crept across his face. They stared into one another's eyes for a couple of minutes. Frank still had his arm around Claire and pulled her in closer and holding her tighter still staring into her eyes. He kissed her again, deeply.
He kissed her neck, and by now they both now knew where this was going. Both had been waiting for what seemed like forever for it. Alecia was completely out of Frank’s mind at this moment. He didn’t believe it was real, he was afraid that any moment he would wake up and it would all just be a dream.
He unwrapped his arm from around her and reached down to the bottom on her singlet slowly rolling it up while still kissing her. When he got to her belly button he paused for a moment and pulled down the top,
“You sure?” He whispered in her ear.
“Mmhmm” She replied as they continued. Frank was gentle on her knowing it was her first time.

They heard the door creak open. Frank looked up and to his horror he saw Alecia standing there with a look of disgust and hate across her face. She stormed out and sat alone in the dark living room. (yes i know its the middle of the day...but the curtains are closed...) Frank jumped up grabbing a sheet and ran after her. He didn't know what he was going to say, it was all so confusing, he knew how he felt for Claire but Alecia was his girlfriend.
Claire lay in Frank’s bed she was so confused even more so than Frank. She lay there unable to move or hear or speak. Thousands of thoughts were running through her mind. It took her awhile to comprehend what had just happened. She tried her best to sift through them all and sort out what she was thinking.
1) She had just had sex, for the first time, with Frank.
2) Alecia, Frank’s Girlfriend, had just caught them.
3) He had just left her there.
Tears rolled down her cheeks, she didn’t even try and stop them or even acknowledge them. She slowly got up and crept into the kitchen. She felt like she had been possessed by her emotions and had no control over herself, where she was going or what she was doing. She slowly opened the drawer. She could hear Frank talking to Alecia trying to make excuses or justify what had happened. Claire felt her cheeks fume with fury. She pulled out what looked like the perfect escape and made her way to her room gently closing the door behind her so she wouldn’t be heard.