We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

A Cute Little Bear Cub

“Would you chill out? You’re making me nervous!” Todd teased as we were in the doctor’s office, waiting for the official results to see if I was in fact pregnant or not.

“I can’t help it!” I giggled. “But you keep twirling my ring around my finger. That’s not helping me!” I shot at him playfully.

“It’s cause I love you,” he smiled cutely while reaching over to kiss my lips gently.

“I love you too,” I smiled through a small giggle.

We waited for a few more minutes that seemed like hours! But the doctor did come back in the room. I couldn’t read her…and I hated it. I just wanted to know! I’ve accepted that I’m most likely pregnant, but I still would feel a whole lot better if I knew for sure.

“Home pregnancy test: they say they’re about ninety-five percent accurate,” she started, making me nearly die from anticipation. “Looks like you got that five percent that isn’t very accurate,” she said with an unsure smile.

“So, you’re saying she’s not…” Todd started, unable to finish his thought.

“She’s not pregnant, definitely not pregnant,” she confirmed.

Right now, I didn’t know what to feel. I guess I should be relieved. But… eventually I do want to have children with Todd. Apparently, that time isn’t now though.

After we left the doctor’s office, the two of us didn’t say too much. Todd asked me the occasionally ‘are you ok?’ question. I just nodded my head and gazed out the window with my hand laced with his.

He went on to drive me to his house where his mom kept Mason while we were gone. Once I saw my little boy, I smiled and lifted him up. While Mason and I had this little moment, Todd took his mom into the kitchen to tell her what was going on.

“Do you feew bewwer, mommy?” he asked once I sat down on the couch with him.

“Yep, the doctor made it all better,” I told him, kissing his forehead again.

“Good,” he grinned cutely.

My smile came back over me as I got up and walked out into the kitchen with Todd. He looked over at me and sent me a reassuring smile before he wrapped an arm around Mason and I.

“I think I’m going to go to Kirstie’s for a little bit,” I told him.

“Do you want me to come?” he asked sweetly.

“You don’t have too. I’ll be fine. I promise,” I told him, sending him a smile before I reached up to kiss his cute little nose.

Once I took a step back, he flashed me that gorgeous grin before Mason and I walked towards the door. The two boys went on to share their little goodbyes before I shut the door behind me.

When we got to the Grant’s, Mason walked up to the door with me and knocked softly. I smiled at the cute accomplished look that came over his little face. Emma was the one to answer the door though. Once they saw each other, both of their eyes lit up before they went running into the house, ready to play. I smiled at the two as I walked into the living room where Kirstie was sitting with a bowl of ice cream while Josh just smiled in his little dorky way.

“Shouldn’t you be riding?” I asked once I sat down next to my bestie.

“Shouldn’t you be with Todd, being pregnant?” he shot back playfully.

“Nope, because I’m not pregnant,” I told him.

“What?” they both asked at the same time. The spoon that Kirstie was holding fell into her bowl with a loud cling sound.

“Yeah… we went to the doctor’s today, and I’m not pregnant,” I shrugged.

“Are you… ok with that?” Kirstie asked, looking at me sideways.

“Yeah, I’m still marrying Todd,” I smiled.

“You poor, poor girl,” she countered while shaking her head. “And the poor child that you guys eventually have. It’s going to be a bear cub!” she said, making me laugh along with Josh.

“But it’ll be a cute little bear cub,” I told her.

“If it looks like you, it’ll be cute. I so hope you don’t have a kid that looks like Todd. That will just be way too much ugly for your little family,” she teased.

“You’re lucky I’m your friend and know you. Most people would take offence to that and be all mad,” I told her through a smile.

“I only speak the truth, Ky,” she said before scooping another spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

I just shook my head and ran my hand through my hair. Leave it to Kirstie to make me laugh with her crazy comments. I think I needed that today though. Now I don’t have to rush to plan for a baby though. I have a wedding to plan and I couldn’t be any happier with that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I so knew you wouldn't get it! lol Ok so... does my certain love for Jake Weimer help at all Kirstie? and... um... your JG may be involved too... or did i confuse you more? lol jk

Ky & Todd

comment please :D