We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Why Look?

The Grant baby’s here! He’s cute… even if he looks like Josh. All babies are cute until they hit about the five year mark though. While Kirstie’s been recovering from welcoming her baby boy into the world, Todd and I have been attempting to plan our wedding.

For the most part, it’s been going pretty well. We have a date… and a venue… and that’s it. But we’re working on it as much as we can between my work, taking care of Mason, and Todd’s riding schedule that’s been picking up lately. It’s all good though. Todd and I make phone and webcam dates. It makes it easier for the two of us… and Mason. He misses his Toddie Bear.

Todd’s coming home later tonight though from a weeklong trip. I was excited. I miss that scruffy face when he’s gone. Today though, Kirstie and I are attempting to go dress shopping. The two of us plus my mother are going. Guess whose keeping the three kids? Josh, Keegan, and my father. I actually wanted to stay and just laugh at their attempts to care for children. I’m sure they’ll be fine though. Two of them are fathers and Keegan seems like he’d be an awesome one with the way he treats Mason, so I’m not worried.

“Can you believe Christian’s almost two months old already?” Kirstie asked once we pulled away from her house.

“Can you believe I’m finally getting married in almost three months?” I teased.

“To Otter Todder Potter,” Kirstie had to giggle.

“You two girls have so many nicknames for him,” my mom chuckled.

“He’s just that fun to pick on,” Kirstie added.

“He’s cute,” I muttered, defending my Toddie.

“Ky, I hate to burst your bubble, but… Todd’s far from cute,” Kirstie said from the backseat.

“He is!” I shot at her, trying to hide my laughter.

We went on to argue about whose man was cuter. My mom eventually butted in and said her man was cuter… um… ew! I don’t want to think of my dad as cute. Kirstie and I both got slightly creeped out, so… that ended that conversation.

When we pulled up to our first dress shop, I just had a feeling I was going to be disappointed by this store. We spent a whole hour in here going through racks and racks of dresses… I didn’t find one that I liked. Just to make the people feel better about their store, I tried one dress on… and hated it.

I was ok after that store. I expected it to have nothing. So, on we went. We actually went to the shop where Kirstie got her dress. I was hopeful to find something here since Kirstie loved her dress oh so much… I didn’t.

After this one, I was frustrated and just wanted to go home. Todd’s flight was coming in soon and he’d be home. I just wanted to go crawl into his arms, but my mom and Kirstie kept on me. With me still being ticked off, I trudged through the store with a shut off mind. My mom and Kirstie were trying to show fifty million different dresses to me, but… I just figured I wasn’t going to find anything, so… why look?

With them two running around the store like kids in a candy store, I went and wondered off, shuffling through random racks. A few were ok, but… they weren’t me. Sure all of these were pretty. I just didn’t feel like it fit my personality. Until I saw the last one. It just screamed my name. I smiled and grabbed it before finding someone to rush into a fitting room.

Once it was on, I looked at it form all angles… and loved everything about it. I seriously squealed as I did another three sixty. I was just about to call for my mom and Kirstie. But they come to the fitting area with armfuls of dresses. The instantly dropped them… along with their jaws.

“And to think we thought you were in the car being mopey,” Kirstie teased while putting her hands on her hips.

“I was thinking about it until I found this,” I couldn’t hide my smile.

“Ky, that’s beautiful,” my mom smiled as she walked closer, allowing me to see a thin gloss form in her eyes. I swear to god if she cries on me!

“I totally think this one’s it,” I smiled.

“I agree,” Kirstie added, smiling too.

It didn’t take much more convincing. This was it! It just needed to be altered slightly. This made me more and more excited for my big day. I wanted it to be here now. But once we got back to the Grant household, I saw a truck in the driveway that wasn’t there before. It put a smile on my face. I got out quickly and ran inside… and right into Todd’s arms.

“Hey,” he chuckled once he picked me up off the ground.

“I missed you,” I muttered with my lips pressed against his neck.

“I missed you too, baby,” he said with a smile in his voice.

While Todd and I were sharing this tight embrace, Mason came over and tugged on Todd’s jeans. A smile came across that scruffy face before he bent down to pick him up.

My day just got some much better. Forget the stupid dress that I’m only going to wear once in my entire life. My Toddie’s back. Nothing else matters right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol we're just crazy writers like that Kirstie haha :D

Ky

comment pleeease :D