We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Paris?

“John, I just had a baby two months ago! I can’t do this,” I shot at my crazy boss. I’m blaming my lack of sleep for this out burst.

“But we need you two to go,” he told us.

“I can’t go,” I told him again.

“Yes you can,” he battled with a smirk on his face.

I groaned, giving up for the time being to let more caffeine get in my system. Kirstie went on to drill John with more questions about our trip to Paris. Yes, you heard me right.Paris! To do what you might ask. To study different forms of art! I’ve already taken my fair share of art and design classes. I don’t need to take a trip to Paris to get more knowledge! I can browse the Internet for that! But his guy just wasn’t having it.

“You guys are only going to be gone for two and half weeks,” he told Kirstie and I like it was nothing.

“Two weeks?” I questioned in disbelief. “My baby’s going to have separation anxiety!” I went on.

“It’s already going to have anxiety because of the traits it inherited from you,” he chuckled.

“I don’t have that bad anxiety,” I countered while crossing my arms.

“You had a panic attack your first day here because your office was too small,” he teased.

“Shut up!” I shot at him, making him laugh again.

“I’m thinking you should have stayed in bed,” he mumbled playfully, making me roll my eyes.

“When do we leave?” Kirstie asked, having the level head here.

“Next week,” he smiled.

“I better get a bonus for this,” I muttered.

“If our sales go up after you guys come back, you will,” he smirked.

“I don’t think I’ve ever hated you so badly before,” I groaned as I got to my feet and started for the door… with my Rockstar in hand.

I went into my office to think things over. I really didn’t want to go. I’m going to miss my babies… and they’re going to miss me. John just can’t spring this idea on a mother! What the heck is wrong with him?

During the morning, I attempted to get my workflow going again… but I was so darn tired. I caught myself resting my head on the desk a few times. About five minutes till my lunch break, I left it there… and then the door opened, making me shoot my head up. Once I saw who it was, I let out a sigh and rested my head back down. It was my hubby.

“They weren’t kidding when they said you were like dead,” he chuckled as he walked in with a bag in one hand and Jayden in his other arm.

“I’m having a bad day,” I muttered as Mason walked over.

As I lifted my head up, I smiled at him and pulled him onto my lap, adding a kiss to the top of his head.

“Aw, what’s wrong, baby?” Todd cooed cutely while pulling a chair over next to me.

“I’m tired and… John told Kirstie and I something this morning that I can’t wiggle my way out of,” I sighed.

“He’s firing you?” he asked quickly.

“No… he wants Kirstie and I to go somewhere for a while to sharpen our design skills,” I told him.

“What’s wrong with your design skills now?” he asked, wrinkling his scruffy features up.

“I don’t know!” I groaned.

“It’s ok, mommy,” Mason told me while patting my hand.

I smiled at him and left another kiss on his full head of hair.

“Where are you guys going? LA?” he had to pounder.

“Not… exactly,” I told him.

“Well, where?” he asked.

“Paris,” I softly spoke.

“Paris?” he asked a little louder than normal.

“I’m trying to get out of it, but… it’s not looking to promising,” I sighed, holding onto my oldest boy a little tighter than before.

“How long?” Todd kept poking.

“Two and half weeks,” I grumbled.

“You’re serious? He asked you to do this? When you just had a baby?” he just wouldn’t quit. But it’s Todd. What do I really expect?

“Todd, I told him all of this. I can’t get out of it. I’m sorry,” I kind of… snapped, making Mason rest his head against my chest as if wanting me to lower my tone.

“Ok… I’m sorry. I have to remember that you have a career too and… you have to leave sometimes too,” he spoke up softly.

I nodded my head, letting a silence fall over the room. It was so quiet as we ate lunch together. The only real sound that filled my office was Jayen’s soft coos. I wanted to go to Paris, but… with my family. Not by myself. I’m going to spend the whole time missing these three boys. But… mommy’s got to do what mommy’s got to do… I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I found out today that Kirstie doesn't like Broc Tickle... but am I really shocked? That girl has a one tracked mind that's always stuck on Josh Grant lol jk <3 you Kirstie :D

comment please?