We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Awie Kywie!

The second that my clock it the four I threw all my stuff into my messenger bag, turned off my lights and bolted down to Ky’s office. I have to catch her before she leaves….wait…. I can just call her…whatever. I made it to her office right as she was coming out. I need to ask her something!

“Do you and the kids want to come over for dinner tonight? I know since Todd’s gone you’re probably all mopey at home,” I asked. Even if he is a fluffy bear I’m sure she misses him, I miss Josh when he’s gone.

“Um… I can’t. Sorry,” She mumbled out before she started her brisk steps away from me.

“Why not?” I prodded while trotting toward her.

“I made plans with the boys,” Kylee stated without stopping her quick steps.

“You’ve been acting weird lately. Are you really that bummed out that Todd’s gone?” I questioned her while taking a step so I was right in front of her so she had to look at me.

“No, it’s not that. I’m fine,” She grumbled while walking around me.

“It’s something. I’ve asked you to hang out every day this week, and you haven’t. What is up with you?” I asked.

“Mason’s been wanting to spend more time with Tanner, so…” She shrugged.

“Wait… don’t tell me,” I groaned while leaning my head back.

“He’s pulling the ‘Mason deserves to have both of his parents around’ card on me,” Ky told me.

“Well, I’m all for that too, but… does Todd know?” I asked. “Ky.”

“But I know Todd would be upset with it. I can’t tell him. We’re only in the same room for Mason. There’s no feelings anymore,” She battled.

“You’re having dinner with the man, Kylee,” I almost pleaded.

“But the kids are there! It’s not a big deal,” She rebuttled.

“Whatever you say,” I mumbled out before getting in my truck.

I went home and spent some time with my kids before Josh came in from practicing a while later. I started dinner while he took a shower and cleaned up. We all had dinner before going back to the living room and let the kids play.

“How was riding?” I asked as we cuddled on the couch.

“Good. My back’s kind of sore though, the bike was bucking me around pretty good on the whoops today for some reason,” He told me.

“Aw honey,” I cooed while kissing his cheek. “Let me rub your back.”

“You don’t have to do that,” Josh stated.

“But I want to,” I smiled.

He turned around so he was sitting in between my legs and I wrapped them around his waist. Josh’s hands rested on my knees while my hands rubbed his back. He let out soft grunts and moans, telling me he liked it.

“Your hands are like magic,” He chuckled. “That feels so good.”

“Now you know how I felt when I was pregnant,” I smiled.

We spent the next hour just like this but our moment was ruined when my cell phone started ringing.

“Hello?” I answered.

“K..Kirstie? It’s Ky,” A very distraught sounding Kylee answered.

“Kylee are you alright?” I asked.

“No,” She choked out through tears.

“Hold on, we’ll be right there alright?” I told her.

“Okay,” She sniffled.

Josh heard the whole conversation and he scooped up Christian and I took Emma by the hand.

“Where are we going?” Emma asked as I buckled her in and Josh buckled Chris in.

“We’re going to see Auntie Ky,” I told her.

“And mason?” She questioned.

“Yes, Mason,” I smiled.

“Yay!” She squealed and Christian, sensing the excitement squealed too.

“Christian, can you say Auntie Kylee?” I asked once we had started driving.

“Awie Kywie!” He squealed while kicking his legs.

“Aw,” I cooed. “That’s so cute.”

“You’re more cute,” Josh whispered while squeezing my knee.

I so hope Ky is alright. All that’s been going on with her and Tanner leads me to believe it may not be…..
♠ ♠ ♠
it was funny!

Kirstie and Joshie

comments?