We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Listen To Your Heart

“Ky!” I shouted the second me and my little Grant family walked through the door.

“I’m up here,” her voice crackled.

We rushed up to her room and found her sitting there alone. Immediately, all of us went over to her but I leaned down to my little girl.

“Why don’t you go down to Mason’s room and play with him honey,” I smiled at her.

“Okay,” She grinned before trotting off.

Josh laid a quietly babbling Christian on the bed while I went to sit next to my distraught bestie while draping an arm around her and gently rubbing my hand up and down her back.

“What happened?” I gently asked her.

“I messed up… like I always do,” She mumbled out through her tears.

“Aw, I’m sure it’s not that bad,” I attempted to comfort her.

“I… I… kissed Tanner,” Ky was able to push out along with some tears that flowed.

“Ok, this is what’s going to happen,” Josh piped up with a smile, causing mine to come across my lips as well. “He’s going to be upset for like a whole two minutes. But then he’ll realize that he loves you and everything will be just fi…” He went on but she shook her head no.

“It’s not going to be just fine,” She blurted out.

“Ky, it was just a kiss. Todd may be a little upset, but…” Josh tried to soothe her.

“I told him that I loved him,” Kylee whispered.

I had no idea what to say, neither did Josh. I just did what I would want if I was in her shoes, I gave her a big comfy hug. She relaxed into it and rested her head on my shoulder. Josh eventually came over and took a seat next to her.

“Do you… love him?” I asked her a while later.

“I don’t know,” She pushed out.

“No, Kylee, you can talk to us. We’re your friends too,” Josh reassured her.

She paused for a while, looking at Josh before saying, “I mean… he’s Mason’s dad. Of course I have love for him, but…”

“It’s not wrong of you to want to be with the guy that fathered your first child; especially with how much time you’ve been spending with Mason and Tanner lately. And I know how much you think what if. But… you can’t do that. You just have to focus on what you want. And… I know it may be hard, but if you want to be with Tanner, then you should. But if you love Todd, then you should be with him,” I tried to make her feel better.

“I feel like that most horrible person ever though,” She said through a few stray tears.“In a way, I left Tanner for Todd in the beginning. And then I left Todd for Tanner… and then I left Tanner for Todd again… and now… it could happen again. It’s so wrong. I have a baby with both of them,” Kylee sighed, telling us how she felt.

“Ky, we can’t tell you who you want to be with. Only you know,” Josh gently told her.

“I know,” She replied as her hand made its way through her hair.

“We’ll be here for ya though; no matter what happens,” I told her while giving her another hug.

“Thanks,” She was able to smile.

She eventually reassured us that she would be alright so we gathered up our kids and hopped in the truck. Both Emma and Christian conked out on the way home, it was cute.

“I hope she’s alright,” I sighed.

Josh took one hand off of the steering wheel and held mine with his.

“She’ll be okay. She just has to listen to what her heart is saying to her,” He smiled.

“You’re so cute,” I giggled.

“Eh, I try,” Josh chuckled.

“I love you,” I told him honestly.

“I love you too sweetie,” He beamed.

I feel so bad for Kylee, I wish I could fix it for her. But Josh is right, she just has to listen to her heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
so today i was wearing this really big ring, like seriously, it's huge! and in spanish i sit next to this boy named Sam who's really annoying and he's like, WOAH that's a giant ring, you could kill someone with that! and this other kid was like, yeah she's going to kill you with it if you don't shut up. haha it made me laugh

Comments?