We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

RINGO!

So it’s been about a month since I heard for the first time that Kylee was no longer going to be Mrs.Potter. Their divorce is final now and they’re done. It makes me sad just for Kylee and Todd’s sake as well as Jayden.

“What are you doing out here baby?” Josh asked one early morning when I was sitting on a chair out on the deck.

“Thinking,” was my vague response.

“About what?” He prodded while looking down at me.

“The thing that won’t seem to leave my mind alone,” I mumbled.

”Todd and Kylee,” Josh immediately finished for me. “Honey, you can’t do anything about it.”

“I still don’t like it,” I pouted while looking off in the distance.

“Stand up,” He told me.

I didn’t question him, I did as he said. Josh then sat down in my chair and pulled me on his lap, locking his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder.

“I wish I could just get over this like Kylee has. I don’t know why it upsets me so much,” I sighed.

“Because you’re incredibly sweet and you care about people’s feelings a lot, especially people who are close to you,” Josh smiled. “And that’s one of the things I love most about you.”

“Thanks Joshie,” I returned his smile along with a kiss on the cheek. “I just want her to be happy. That’s all I want and I just want to make sure Tanner is going to be there for her this time and I don’t know if he is.”

“Unfortunately sweetheart, that’s something we can’t control. We’ll just have to be there for Kylee in whatever situation,” He told me.

“You’re right,” I said while nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck. “You’re so comforting.”

“I try to be,” Josh replied while holding me.

We stayed in that exact same position for at least a half an hour before we heard Emma calling for us.

“I didn’t know you were up honey,” I said once we had gone back in the house and I picked up my pajama clothed girl.

“I just woke up. Christian woke me up,” She told me while rubbing her soft brown eyes.

“Christian did?” Josh asked.

“Uh-huh. He was jumping on my bed,” Emma pouted.

Josh let out a chuckle before we all went upstairs. When we entered Emma’s room we found our little guy sitting underneath the covers.

“Christian what are you doing?” I giggled while handing Emma to Josh and going over to the bed.

“I a ghostie!” He squealed while I pulled the covers off of him. “Are you scwaed?

“I was very scared. But then I found out it was you,” I played with him while tickling him.

We got our kids dressed and we all had breakfast and right as we were all going into the living room someone came running in the living room.

”EMMA!” Mason shouted.

”MASEY!” Emma squealed while they shared a hug and Emma gave him a kiss on the cheek.

”Aw,” Kylee and I cooed.

The two kids then went to play together with some legos while Christian raced his dirt bikes around with Jayden who was attempting to walk over to him.

“Aw, Jayden’s starting to walk,” I smiled as I plopped down next to Josh and Kylee sat next to me.

“Tanner was helping him with it a few days ago,” She beamed.

“Did Tanner come with you?” I asked. I haven’t seen Tanner since….. I don’t even know… a long time.

“He’ll be in here in a minute,” She said.

We chatted for a little while before he came in. I have a few mixed feelings just with the divorce and all but those were masked by my curiosity.

“What is in that thing behind your back?” I asked him.

“A present for Emma and Christian,” He smiled.

”A PUPPY!” both our kids squealed as a little golden retriever bounded around the room.

“Oh my gosh, Tanner!” I shouted. “That is so adorable!”

“I think Kirstie is going to enjoy it more than the kids,” Josh laughed.

We all laughed while the little puppy played with all the kids. He kept licking Emma and when he would sniff Christian he would giggle like crazy. It was so cute!

“Mommy, what do we name him?” Emma asked.

“Whatever you want honey,” I told her.

“No, you name it,” She countered with that little JG attitude.

“Okay, we should name it….Ringo,” I beamed.

”RINGO!” Christian and Emma shouted.

“You crazy Beatles fan,” Josh shook his head.

“Hey it’s a good name for a dog and it just happens to be named after Ringo Starr, what’s wrong with that?” I shrugged with a smile.

Okay that was so cute and nice of Tanner, I’m not going to lie. Maybe he will be okay if he’s making an effort to be so nice to us, maybe that means he’s serious about Kylee?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, i love the beatles hahaha

Kirstie and Ringo!

comments?