We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Foxy!

“Mommy! Mommy wake up!” Mason squealed, bringing me out of my lovely slumber.

“Go wake up your dad,” I groaned, trying to roll back over.

“No, daddy brought us something!” he went on, more excited than before.

“What?” I asked, slowly sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

“Come see!” he grinned, pulling on my arm.

I finally pushed myself to my feet and walked down the stairs with Mason. Did I hear… barking? No. Tanner doesn’t have a dog. I need to climb back in bed. But my little boy had my hand and was dragging me down the stairs. When we got down there, Tanner was sitting on the floor across from Jayden. Whatever he was doing was sending that little boy into hysterics.

“Puppy!” Jayden squealed once my eyes fell on his.

“Jay, Tanner doesn’t have a…” I started, but quickly stopped once I saw two little adorable things in Tanner’s arms. They were really cute, but there was only one thing I could think of…

“Why is there two?” I was able to get out.

“I thought… maybe… since I haven’t seen Kirstie and Josh for a while, I’d… get their kids a little something for the next time I see them,” he replied, looking at me with a little smile.

“Aw,” I cooed, bending down next to him. “Which one’s ours?” I asked, looking over at him.

“Ours?” he asked with a huge grin on his face.

I shot him a playful look before I pushed him gently, making him chuckle. Since Todd and I’s divorce has been finalized, Tanner and I have been out a few times. I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say that the spark has definitely developed into a burning flame, but… we’re taking things slow. I’m still in the guest room. We’ve spent a night or two on the couch, but nothing too serious has gone down.

“I want the white one!” Mason spoke up, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I looked down into Tanner’s lap and saw the white was a cute little English Bulldod… the dog I’ve always wanted. I smiled and petted its cute little head.

“Lets name him Buddy!” Mason went on.

“Mase, this one’s a girl,” Tanner chuckled.

“Foxy!” Jayden giggled.

“I like that one,” I giggled, nudging Tanner just a little.

He just shook his head with a smile. Before we took the little golden retriever puppy to the Grants, we all had to get ready and get something in our bellies. But once that was done, Mason and Jayden were bolting to the door. Jayden fell a few steps before, but he got right back up and walked out to Tanner’s car. As he drove, I held onto the puppy. He was cute… and hyper. He’ll fit right into the Grant family.

Once we got there, Mason took off on a dead sprint to the front door while I unbuckled Jayden. Tanner said he really wanted to surprise them, so he was going to stay back for a few minutes. But when I walked into the Grant’s house, I found Mason and Emma sharing a hug before Emma gave Mason’s cheek a kiss.

“Aw” Kirstie and I both said at the same time with huge smiles on our faces.

After I sat Jayden down to play with Christian, Kirstie and I shared a few words. I don’t think those two have really accepted what’s happened with my relationships. But I’m happy… and that’s all I want.

Eventually, Tanner came in with his hands behind his back, looking unsure of all of this. Just seeing this, made me smile. These two kids aren’t ready.

“What is in that thing behind your back?” Kirstie asked Tanner.

“A present for Emma and Christian,” Tanner grinned before putting the cute little thing on the floor.

“A PUPPY!” both of the Grant kids cheered while the golden thing trotted over to them.

The kids… and Kirstie seemed to enjoy it. Josh’s reaction was… Josh’s reaction. He just has the butthead look on his face all the time, so it doesn’t really matter. But Kirstie went on to name the puppy Ringo. Oh boy.

We didn’t stay much longer after this. I didn’t want them to have too much Tanner for this one sitting. I think by doing this, it just kind of broke the ice. Hopefully things will be ok with him and the Grants. I don’t want them to hate him… or blame him for Todd and I’s divorce.

“What you did was really sweet,” I smiled once we got back home and were planted on the couch.

“I tried,” he grinned back.

“But this thing,” I started, bending down to pick up Foxy. “is just adorable,” I finished cooing at the puppy.

“I knew you couldn’t resist that face,” he teased while hooking an arm around my shoulders.

I smiled before resting my head on his shoulder while continuing to pet the little doggie. The boys were actually playing nicely together in front of us. A happy sigh came out of me before I snuggled up to Tanner more. He went on to leave a soft kiss on the top of my head… that Foxy interrupted. She jumped up and nipped at Tanner’s nose. It made me laugh along with my babies. See… everyone’s happy… expect maybe Tanner that has a red nose right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
*sighs* Tanner....
haha :D

Ky & Tanny

comment pleeease :D