We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Bad

Today I went over and hung out with Tanner and Kylee. I’m actually coming around to Tanner again, he’s a good guy. I then left to go pick up Emma from school. I walked in with Christian and she got her stuff then hopped in the car.

“How was school today Em?” I asked.

“Bad,” She pouted.

“Aw, what’s wrong Emma?” I cooed.

“Mason hurt my feelings,” Emma sighed.

“What happened?” I questioned.

“He didn’t play with me,” She whined.

“Emma I know you and Mason are close but he can play with other people too. Just because he has other friends doesn’t mean he’s not your friend anymore,” I told her.

“But he always plays with me and today he didn’t even say hi to me,” Emma whimpered. “He doesn’t like me anymore,” She cried.

“Aw, honey Mason loves you. It’ll be okay,” I tried to reassure my girl.

“I wuv you Emmie,” Christian piped up.

“I love you to Christian,” she managed to smile while kissing him.

When we got home Ringo immediately jumped on the kids and started playing with them. He’s such a hyper and crazy dog….which is perfect for our family.

“Sweetie, are you still upset over Mason?” I asked while I saw Emma sulking.

“Uh-huh,” She sadly said.

“Come here baby,” I cooed while opening my arms for her.

She sat on my lap and she held onto me while I wrapped my arms around her and left multiple kisses on her head.

“You and Mason are still friends Em. He just has other friends now too, I’m sure you have other friends now same like he does,” I said.

“But I like Mason the best,” She cried.

Just then Josh came walking in the room. He looked first at Christian who was busy playing with Ringo then his soft brown eyes landed on me holding Emma.

“What’s wrong, sweetheart?” Josh cooed while sitting down next to me and pulled Emma off of my lap and onto his so he could give some loving to her.

“Mason doesn’t like me. He didn’t want to play with me today, he didn’t even talk to me,” Emma sniffled.

“Honey, Mason is probably just excited with having new friends. And just because you have a friend doesn’t mean you have to spend all your time with them.”

“My feelings still got hurt,” she whimpered.

“You’re going to be okay honey,” Josh reassured her while rubbing her little back.

We just hung out for the rest of the night until bed. When I woke up in the morning I was pleasantly surprised to see Josh laying next to me, gently holding me.

“I didn’t think I’d wake up to you next to me,” I smiled while ruffling up his hair. “I thought you’d be at the gym.”

“Naw, I wanna take Emma to school since she was so upset yesterday,” HE smiled.

“You’re such a good daddy,” I told him.

“You’re an amazing mommy,” He replied.

I’m sure Emma will be okay. Most of the time kids can’t even remember what happened yesterday. I hope they’ll be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay you guys want to know my geeky nerdy secret? i love the song U Smile by Justin Beiber. don't laugh at me! that song is actually pretty legit and it's catchy!!!!! hahah

comments?