We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

It's Me

Josh is down. From what Kirstie’s told me, he’s really bummed. I could only image how mopey he is. So, today, Tanner and I are trying to think of something to cheer him up… but it’s hard!

“Maybe we should just get him a gift card for a tattoo shop,” Tanner chuckled after we had been thinking for nearly a half hour.

“Very funny, Tanner,” I shot at him, trying to hide my laughter.

“Well, what else does he like other than dirt bikes? Tattoos!” he replied, making me shake my head through a smile.

Why is this so hard? I mean… it’s Josh. But then that kind of answers my question. He’s just Josh. He’s kind of boring. This doesn’t help my idea!

“Why don’t we just have like a little… end of the season celebration for him. Even though he didn’t finish, I’m sure he’d appreciate something,” Tanner spoke up.

“Aw, that’d be cute. You’re such a little genius,” I grinned while falling into his lap to give him kisses.

“Now, you can get everything,” he smirked once we parted.

“You’re not going to come with me?” I pouted at him.

“I wasn’t until you gave me that look,” he chuckled before leaving a multiple kisses on my neck, sending me into hysterics.

“I love you,” I sighed once he stopped and I rest my head on his shoulder.

“I love you too,” he grinned before giving me one more kiss… and then we were off.

I rounded up the kids while Tanner got his car around. All I had to do was tell them that we were going to see Christian and Emma and they were excited… Mason a little more than Jayden, but they were still excited.

Tanner went on to drive to a party store where were loaded his car full of balloons. I’m pretty sure we lost the kids a few times from how many there were. I’m thinking Tanner should have drove his truck… it was such a joy to try and wiggle the boys out at the bakery without losing any of the helium filled elastic… we may have lost one though. I can’t really remember.

“We should write greasy on his cake,” I giggled as we looked over the selection.

“I was waiting for that,” Tanner shook his head.

“Do they have little dirt bike men? They should put one on and say I got way too greasy,” I nearly lost it. I crack myself up some times.

Since Tanner was still caught up looking, I found someone and asked! Guess what! They had dirt bike action figure people… things! Oh it made my day. Jayden and I picked out a big enough cake for the Grants and us… and a few extra pieces so the kids can have a sugar buzz tomorrow.

Once they finished writing on it and it was paid for, I took the box and went to find my boys. Of course the little ones had cookies in their mouths. Oh lovely sugar. I gave Tanner a little look that he countered by grinning innocently. Then he caught a look at the cake through the box and rolled his eyes.

“It’s me… what else do you expect?” I smiled.

“Ky,” he sighed playfully while shaking his head.

“You love me,” I grinned as we walked back out to his car.

“I do… but I’m not too sure Josh will once he sees it,” he had to snicker.

“Hey, it’s the thought that counts,” I told him once we piled into our seats.

He chuckled before he started up the car and we were off to the Grants. Through all of the balloons, Mason was babbling about Emma. It made me smile. Those two are adorable together… even if they are just babies.

Once we got to the Grants, Tanner got all of the balloons while I carried the cake and Mason assisted his younger brother. It was cute. It made me smile… then Kirsite opened the door. Her eyes lit up when she saw us. I could tell she wanted to let a squeal out, but she held it in so Josh wouldn’t know what was going on yet.

“Hey, Josh,” Kirstie said while walking into the living room where he was lying.

“What?” he grumbled… someone’s in a lovely mood.

“Kylee and Tanner brought you something,” she grinned.

“I don’t care,” he went on to mumbled out.

“Well, I love you too, Joshie boy,” I snickered while placing the cake on the table next to him and Tanner released the balloons, making the kids ooo and awe.

“Ky, that doesn’t say what I think it does, does it?” Kirstie asked, trying to fight off a smile as she read over the cake.

“Uh huh,” I smiled brightly. “Read it, Josh!” I nearly squealed.

He rolled his eyes before he sat up slowly and opened the box to expose the sugary goodness. Once his eyes scanned over the frosted words, he shot a look at me… before he smiled.

I knew he’d like it… eventually. But I’m glad I could make him smile. It has to suck for him to end his season this way. Thankfully, Tanner has a roll cage protecting him. The worst thing he’ll get is whiplash… maybe a concussion every now and then, but for the most part, he’ll be injury free. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but… I feel bad for the little greaser.
♠ ♠ ♠
I... can't... tell... you! lol

Ky

comment pleease :D