We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

I Love That Look For You

“How are you feeling honey?” I asked while walking into the living room and bending down next to Josh who was laying on the couch.

“I’m sick of laying here. I wanna go ride,” He pouted.

“Aw, baby,” I cooed. “I’m sorry.”

“Me too,” Josh went on pouting. “I’m sick of laying here but I’m not sick of you taking care of me,” He smiled.

That made a smile come across my face as I pressed my lips to his. After we parted I left kisses all over his cute little baby face. I heard him let out a little groan and I quickly pulled away.

“Did I hurt your shoulder?” I asked with a worry present in my voice.

“No, I just liked your kisses,” Josh smiled.

Just then the doorbell rang.

“No, don’t leave,” He pouted grumpily. “You’re the only thing that makes me feel better.”

“What about Emma and Christian?” I countered.

“But they’re up playing. I love their kisses but yours are different,” He whined.

“Josh I have to get the door,” I giggled.

“No, leave it. They’ll go away,” Josh said.

“I have to at least see who it is,” I battled.

“What sucks is that since my shoulder is hurt I can’t pull you up against me and entice you with kisses,” He went on pouting.

I just gave Josh a big kiss on the lips before getting up and going to the door.

“Who is it Mommy?” Emma shouted as I heard her and Christian thudding down the stairs. “Is it Mason?”

“I don’t know sweetie, I’ll find out in a minute,” I replied. “Why don’t you and Chris go give Daddy some kisses, I think he could use some.”

When I opened the door I smiled so brightly. There was Kylee, Tanner, Mason and Jayden. They had a cake and balloons with them. It took all I had not to let out a squeal and hug them but I managed to suppress it because I knew it was for Josh.

“Hey, Josh,” I beamed while walking back into the living room.

“What?” He grumbled out.

“Kylee and Tanner brought you something,” I buzzed while sending him a big smile.

“I don’t care,” Josh mumbled with his little attitude

“Well, I love you too, Joshie boy,” Ky rolled her eyes as Tanner let go of his handful of balloons.

“Ky, that doesn’t say what I think it does, does it?” I asked through a giggle.

“Uh huh,” She nearly squealed “Read it, Josh!” She demanded.

Josh rolled those gorgeous eyes of his before he slowly sat up, as not to hurt his shoulder and opened the box with his good arm. He sent Kylee a glare but it eventually lessened into a smile.

“Daddy, why does it say greasy?” Emma asked while coming over and leaning on his leg.

“Because your Daddy is very greasy,” Ky stated as we all let out a little giggle.

“Your Daddy is yummy,” I beamed while leaning over and giving Josh a kiss that he seemed to enjoy a lot.

“Cake is yummy!” Christian squealed.

“You want some cake honey?” I asked while pulling my squirming boy up on my lap.

“Yeah!” He shouted.

Kylee and I got some plates and drinks and served up a piece for the kids and they all took it to Emma’s little table and ate. Next we all got a piece for ourselves and I sat next to Josh while Tanner and Kylee sat across from us.

“Do you need Kirstie to feed you Josh?” Tanner teased him as Josh struggled to hold his cake and take a bite with one arm in a sling.

“Yes,” He pouted.

“Aw,” I cooed while scooping a piece of cake onto his fork and putting it in his mouth.

“You’re sweeter than this cake,” Josh cutely told me.

“He’s such a little sweetheart,” I smiled while taking a big bite of cake then kissing Josh on the cheek, leaving frosting all over as he let out a laugh.

“Nice Kirstie,” Ky snickered.

“Thanks. I thought Josh could use a little extra sweetness,” I giggled. “Tanner could use a lot though,” I said while smooshing some in his face.

“You did not just do that,” He stated.

“Oh I think I did,” I smirked.

Tanner leaned over and pressed a big chunk in my face as I let out a squeal accompanied by a laugh.

“I love that look for you Kirst,” Tanner laughed loudly.

“I would have to say the same for you,” I choked out through my laugher.

The two of us went into the kitchen and cleaned off our faces but we may have tried to get a little more on each other in the process. I had so much fun this afternoon. It was so sweet of Tanner and Kylee to bring all this for Josh with how upset and bummed he is over this. It just shows how awesome our friends are.
♠ ♠ ♠
is Josh isn't it???? it's always Josh! haha

the Grants

comments?