We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

My Tummy Hurts

“Kirstie,” Josh started while walking into my room one day after our accident. “Are you awake honey?”

“Yeah, I’m awake,” I spoke.

“Guess what?” He beamed.

“What?”

”They’re moving Emma into your room!” He beamed while sitting on the edge of my bed.

“Really?” I buzzed.

“Yep. They said she’s stable enough to be out of the ICU and I asked if they could put her in this room and they said yes,” Josh grinned from ear to ear.

“I’m so relieved right now,” I sighed.

“Me too. But I’m going to go be with her while they bring her down,” He told me while getting up.

I nodded my head before he left. A while later a nurse was rolling Emma into my room and this was the first time I’ve gotten to see her since the accident. Because of my ribs they wouldn’t let me get up and she obviously couldn’t come to me.

Her little face had a few cuts on it, same with her arms. Emma’s hair was going every direction and she looked really tired but she still had that little smile on her face.

”Mommy!” She grinned.

”Emma!” I smiled right back.

The nurses rolled her bed right next to mine and Josh came walking in behind them. I reached my hand out and held her little hand in mine.

“I love you Emmie,” I told her.

“I love you to Mommy,” She replied.

Josh was smiling from ear to ear right now, he’s so cute! He crawled up and sat right in the middle of us. At that moment Kylee came walking in right at that moment, causing my smile to grow.

“Aw you guys got moved into the same room?” She grinned.

“Yeah!” Emma buzzed.

“How are you doing sweetie?” Kylee cooed while sitting on Emma’s bed and stroking her hair.

“Good,” She giggled.

“How are you Kirstie?” She went on.

“I’m fine. It’s really just my ribs that hurt when I move,” I explained.

“What about….your baby?” Ky changed the subject.

“They tested me earlier and we have the results but I haven’t looked yet,” I said.

“She was sleeping earlier so we didn’t open it,” Josh added. “And I’m kind of nervous to look.”

“You should look now,” Kylee prodded.

“Now would probably be the best time,” I sighed.

Josh got up and took the manila folder off the table and sat down next to me. He put an arm around me and held the folder tightly.

“Are you ready?” He asked me.

“Sure,” I said while taking a deep breath.

He slowly opened the folder and my eyes quickly scanned over the paper.

“What’s its say Daddy?” Emma asked, even though she didn’t totally know what was going on.

“The baby is… alright.,” Josh sighed out of relief.

“They say it’s healthy and everything is okay,” I smiled with tears glossing my eyes.

“I’m so happy!” Ky buzzed while leaning over to hug me and Josh.

“Me too!” Emma smiled.

“How are you doing Em?” Josh asked while scooting closer to her.

“My tummy hurts,” She told him while getting a pouty look on her face.

“Aw, it’s probably all the medication. Want me to hold you?” He questioned.

She nodded her little head and crawled into his lap. I’m so glad she didn’t break any bones or anything like that. She had some internal bleeding which is why she was in the ICU but they got it all alright now. I can sleep easy tonight; my daughter, and unborn baby are alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry guys i kind of forgot that it was my turn to post!
was that a good race this weekend or what!?!?

comments?