We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Tell Him All Those Lies

I had just brought Emma home from kindergarten and put her and Christian down for a nap before I strolled out to the backyard. I smiled as I saw my adorable Joshie flying around the track on his bright red bike. Justin’s bright red bike was out there too.

Justin has been at our house a ton lately. It’s been a couple weeks since Josh first started ’mentoring’ him, per say, but it’s been going really well. Justin is a good guy and he reminds me so much of Keegan, it’s funny. Only Justin has blonde hair…and blue eyes…and dimples but… whatever.

I watched them riding for a little bit but it was so hot today! I was sweating a ton so I went back in the house, got into my swimsuit and jumped in the pool. I had only been swimming for a few minutes when the two boys pulled up next to the deck.

“Jeez Kirstie, your taunting us here,” Justin said once they had turned off the bikes and pulled their helmets off.

“How’s that?” I asked.

“You’re in the pool while we’re out riding and sweating up a storm in this heat,” Josh stated.

“Well then take a break and come get in the pool!” I said through a laugh.

Without saying a word, the two boys rode into the garage. A couple minutes later both of them were walking out of the house in boardshorts. Of course Josh just had to jump in and splash water all over my face!

“Meanie!” I shouted before splashing at him.

Once Justin hopped in, the three of us started a splashing war which ended in us all laughing our heads off. Now that my thick hair was completely drenched, I got a little cold. I hoisted myself onto the edge of the pool to get warmed by the sun while the guys swam around and got cooled off.

“Wow Kirstie,” Justin almost gasped.

“What?” I questioned him.

“Well… you just…don’t look like you’ve had two kids,” He stumbled over his words.

“Really? I’ve always thought I was heavier after I had the kids,” I replied.

“Trust me, you don’t look like you’ve had any kids,” Justin shook his head. “And as for gaining weight, you were skinny enough before that even if you did gain weight you still look really thin.”

“But you didn’t get any fatter, and even if you did, you’d still be the most gorgeous thing on the planet,” Josh spoke up.

“Aw you guys are so sweet,” I smiled while slipping back into the pool.

I swam over and kissed Justin on the cheek and it quickly filled with red as he gave me s sheepish smile. I then swam to Josh and wrapped my arms around his middle and pressed my lips passionately to his.

“I love you,” I cooed while leaving a kiss on his cute little nose.

“I love you too,” He mumbled out.

Josh seemed kind of shut off from everyone the rest of the day and I don’t know why. I tried to ignore it and had fun. It seemed like Justin enjoyed himself too. After a while I knew the kids would be waking up soon so I left the boys and got out of the pool.

Once I had gotten changed back into some normal clothes I checked on the kids and Emma was just waking up.

“Hey honey,” I cooed softly while going over to her bed and I gently stroked her hair.

“Is Daddy riding?” She asked.

“No, he’s out in the pool with Justin,” I replied.

“Can I go swimming?” Emma questioned with hopeful eyes.

“Sure sweetie,” I smiled while kissing her forehead.

I helped her get changed into her bathing suit and took her out to the pool where she jumped in and splashed both the boys.

“Are you getting back in?” Justin asked me.

“Naw, I have a few things to do and Christian’s not up yet,” I told them. I blew Emma and Josh a kiss then went back inside.

I started paying a few bills then went into the kitchen to finish up some dishes. I dialed a familiar number and put it on speaker phone.

“Hey Kirst, what’s up?” Ky’s voice came through my ears.

“Not much, Josh is acting kind of weird though,” I sighed.

“Isn’t that how he acts all the time?” She giggled.

“But he’s just shut off today, mostly from Justin and me,” I went on.

“Has he been like that all day? Maybe he’s having a bad day,” Kylee suggested.

“No it’s only since we all went swimming….since…. I kissed Justin-“ I said but she cut me off.

”You kissed Justin?” She shot at me. “No wonder he’s having a bad day!”

“No, you didn’t let me finish. I kissed Justin on the cheek!” I laughed as did she.

“Oh, okay. Well maybe ole’ Joshie is getting jealous,” She teased.

“Ky, he’s eighteen. I would hope he wouldn’t get jealous,” I stated.

“Remember what happened with Keegan though…” she trailed off.

No, this wouldn’t have to do with Keegan would it? That was forever ago and we all forgave each other for that.

“I don’t know. I just want Josh to be happy,” I heavily sighed.

“He is Kirstie. Maybe he just needs to be reminded how amazing his wife is and you can tell him all those lies about how adorable and cute he is. I mean, we were kind of calling Justin adorable and a little cutie which is usually what you say to Josh,” Ky told me.

“Yeah, that’s true. Okay, thanks Ky, you’re the best,” I smiled.

“I know,” She laughed, causing mine to come out too.

I just hope that little kiss on the cheek didn’t make Josh feel weird. I didn’t mean anything by it and I sure hope he knows that.
♠ ♠ ♠
now you're onto James from BTR though hahaha

Kirstie

comments?