We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

So, We’re Sisters?

“Ringo! Stop licking me!” I giggled while trying to get out hyper puppy off of me. I should have remembered, if you’re lying on the floor, you’re doomed to get licked to death!

I heard a few giggles as Christian and Emma came into the room and Emma said, “Mommy’s getting eaten!”

“Guys, help get Ringo off!” I squealed as Ringo kept on licking. I’m going to have to disinfect my face!

“Tickle Mommy!” Chris shouted while the two let out a squeal and ran over to me and started tickling.

”JOSHIE HELP!” I shouted through so many laughs.

”What? What’s wrong?” Josh asked through a panicked voice as he came rushing into the room. “Oh, I thought something was wrong. You had me worried,” He sighed.

“There is something wrong! I’m about to pee my pants!” I squealed, running out of breath.

“Okay guys, give mommy a break,” Josh chuckled while the kids backed off and Josh pulled our crazy dog off of me.

“Ew, doggie slobber,” I made a disgusted face.

“He just loves you mommy,” Emma smiled.

“Or something like that,” I giggled while going to the bathroom.

I got a rag wet and wiped off my face, getting all of Ringo’s spit off of me. I felt two arms wrap around my waist and as I took the washrag away from my face I saw the tattoos spilling over them.

“Hey beautiful,” Josh said while kissing my neck.

“Hey cutie,” I replied while relaxing into his embrace and leaning up against his chest.

“I’m excited for tomorrow,” He grinned.

“And why’s that? It just means I get older,” I rolled my eyes with a smile.

“Twenty-six is not old. And I have so many great plans for you that you’re going to love,” Josh told me.

“Maybe I just want to lock you in a room with me all day,” I smirked while turning around in his arms and loosely draping my arms around his neck. “Well maybe half the day, cause I want my babies too.”

“Oh you wouldn’t have to lock me in, you’d have more trouble getting me out,” He smirked right back. “You’re so insanely drop dead gorgeous, did I ever tell you that?”

“You may have mentioned it once or twice,” I giggled while he closed the distance between our lips.

”MOMMY! DADDY! SOMEONE’S AT THE DOOR!” Emma shouted.

“Okay, we’re coming Em!” Josh shouted back to her.

Josh laced his fingers with mine as we walked to the door together. As we walked through the living room we got to see the cutest sight! Emma and Christian were coloring together and Emma had just leaned over to give Christian a kiss on the cheek. I had to let out an aw before we finished our walk to the door.

“Hey guys,” we smiled while moving out of the way so the Fousts could come in. All of us went to the family room and plopped down on the couch. We had only been sitting for a few minutes when the doorbell rang again. I hopped up and went to get it.

As I opened the door a girl was standing there. She looked to be around my age but nothing else was similar. She was very tall, long blonde hair, and bright blue eyes. I saw her eyes light up as they flickered to me.

“Are you Kirsten Peterson?” She asked.

“Uh yeah, well that was my maiden name,” I told this girl. “Can I help you with something?”

“My name is Mia Johnston and I’m your sister,” The girl told me.

I was completely speechless right now. I don’t know what to even think let alone say. My brain tried to process this but all I could push out was, “I don’t have a sister.”

“You do. It’s me,” She smiled.

“No I don’t. I’m sorry but I think you’re mistaken. Besides, we don’t even look alike!”

“But if you’re Kirsten Peterson then you’re my sister,” She persisted.

“How?” I asked. “I don’t have a sister.”

“We’re half sisters. We have the same mom – Caitlin Johnston,” She told me. “Your dad is Troy Peterson right?”

“Yeah,” I nodded my head. “I don’t know who my mom is. She left when I was a baby. I was raised by my Uncle Toby, my dad was in jail most of my life but he got out six years ago.”

“Oh my gosh,” She gasped. “I had no idea. Neither did our mom.”

“How do I even know if we do have the same mom. I mean, I know I have an uncommon name but there’s probably another Kirsten Peterson out there. Besides, I’m Kirsten Grant now, maybe there’s still a Kirsten Peterson out there,” I suggested.

“No it’s you. A few weeks ago I walked into my mom’s room and she was sobbing, holding a picture of a baby. She told me that she was married to a man named Troy Peterson and they had a baby together named Kirsten but she said that she left him when their baby was a few months old. Mom got married to my dad and they had me. I had no idea. But this picture of a baby she was holding was you, she was crying saying it was her other daughter and she didn’t know what happened to her daughter… my step sister. Ever since then I’ve been on a mission to find you,” She told me.

“…Wow,” Was all I was able to push out. “I don’t remember my mom at all, or my dad from when I was a baby. I didn’t even know that I had a dad until my uncle toby told me seven years ago and I went to visit him in jail and now we’re super close. I didn’t think my mom cared about me.”

“She does care about you. She told me that she thinks about you all the time, wondering where you are, what you’re doing and who you are today. She misses you and I know that because she told me and I’ve only seen my mom cry a few times in my life, probably only two or three but I’ve never seen her sob like she was a few weeks ago, thinking about you,” Mia stated.

I let out a sigh as tears filled my eyes. Not exactly sad tears but… confused tears. I’m happy that my mom still thinks about me, I’m happy my mom is still around, but I’m hurt that she knows and remembers me but hasn’t tried to find me or kept any connection with me, she just left me and my dad. But she still loves me… that means more than anything. And I have a step-sister….

“So, we’re sisters?” I smiled.

“Uh-huh,” She replied.

I let out a squeal before pulling her in for a big hug. She was caught by surprise at first but she quickly hugged me back.

“Oh my gosh, you have to meet my family,” I buzzed while pulling her into the house.

This is the best early birthday present ever. I don’t think I’ll ever forget this day…
♠ ♠ ♠
i don't think imma do an authors note because it'd all be about Big Time Rush haha

Kirstie and Mia

comments?