We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!

I felt soft kisses being planted on my forehead as my eyes slowly fluttered open. I grinned when I saw Josh smiling down at me. He gave me a kiss on the lips and rubbed our noses together.

“Happy birthday Kirstie,” Josh beamed.

“Thanks sweetie,” I replied.

“Thank you for letting me get to celebrate your life with you. I’m so happy that I get to spend the rest of your birthday’s with you,” He went on.

“I love you,” I blissfully sighed while laying my head on his chest.

“I love you too honey,” He told me.

”HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!” Emma and Christian squealed while running into the bedroom.

“Aw, thanks guys,” I grinned while they climbed onto the bed.

Both of them started covering my face in kisses making loud giggles pour of out me. Of course Josh had to join in on the kissing and started covering my face as well. Luckily I got saved by the phone ringing.

“Hello?” I said into the phone.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Ky shouted.

“Aw, thanks Ky!” I grinned from ear to ear. “How’s your little trip?” I asked.

“It’s good, Tanner’s practicing right now,” She told me. “I really want to make a comment about how cute he is but it’s your birthday so I’ll spare you.”

“Thank you, because you know I’d have to make a comment about how old he is,” I giggled. “And how studly my man is.”

“Oh gosh,” she groaned. “What are you doing today?”

“I think just hanging out, whatever Josh has planned. And I’m going out to lunch with Mia,” I told her.

“You’re going to lunch with Mia?” Ky asked.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“Is your mom coming?” She went on.

“No, I don’t think so. I really want to meet her though,” I buzzed. “I can’t believe that she still remembers me! And she still loves me!”

“Kirstie,” Kylee sighed.

“What?” I asked.

“Um… nevermind. I hope you have a good day,” She told me.

“Thanks I will. And thanks for the call!” I smiled.

We exchanged a few more words before hanging up. That morning I just hung out with all three of my babies and we cuddled together and watched a movie. As it neared lunch I got ready, gave everyone a big hug and a kiss then left to meet my Mia at a restaurant.

“How are you today?” I asked Mia once I had sat down.

“You’re late,” she stated.

“Yeah sorry about that. It’s my birthday and I was snuggling with Josh, Emma and Christian, watching a movie,” I grinned.

“Oh, well happy birthday. How old are you?” Mia asked.

“Twenty six,” I told her.

“Wow, aren’t you kind of young to have two kids?” She went on.

“Well I got pregnant with Emma six months after Josh and I got married. We didn’t really plan it but we were so happy and then a couple years later we had Christian. I don’t think I’m all that young, besides, I love my family and age doesn’t matter on that,” I grinned.

“Yeah what does… um..what was his name again?” She questioned.

“Josh,” I beamed.

“Yeah, Josh, what does he do?” Mia went on.

“He rides motocross. It scares me sometimes when he crashes but he loves it and I love it because he loves it,” I told her.

“Well I told mom all about you last night,” She grinned.

“Oh yeah? How did she react?” I asked.

“She was happy that you’re doing well. She’s really angry at your father though,” Mia stated.

“Why?” I scrunched up my face.

“Because he was in jail and didn’t take care of you,” She told me.

I didn’t say anything but…. last time I checked my mom didn’t take care of me either.

“He loves me though. He was really upset over mom leaving and he got drunk and ended up getting in a car accident and killing three other people. He’s really sorry and he loves me a lot, so I’m not mad at all,” I said to her.

“Well as long as your happy, that’s what matters,” Mia grinned.

“I am,” I replied. I’m a little upset that I find out my mom left my dad, got married and had another baby and left me and made no attempt to contact me but…

We talked a while longer and ate our lunch before I went back home. I admit… I was a little happier about my mom and step-sister yesterday. I’m having more second thoughts today but…. no… I shouldn’t have second thoughts. My mom loves me, Mia said so! Why would she have been crying if she wasn’t?

A similar thing happened with my dad and I found out how much he cared for me, why can’t the same thing happen with my mom and Mia? Besides, Mia set up a day next week for her and my mom to come over and meet me and my family. Why would she do that if she didn’t care about me?

Any tinge of sadness was taken away the second I stepped through the door. While I was gone my adorable little family had decorated the house! How cute is that? Later they took me out for dinner and Emma made me a beaded necklace with the word, ‘mommy’ in the middle. I love that word so much, being a mom is definitely the hardest job in the world but by far the very best one. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Christian made me a picture of all four of us that is totally going to get framed and going in Josh and my bedroom. Speaking of that adorable boy, he got me a pair of diamond earrings. They were gorgeous. He even made me a card, he made it himself! Isn’t he sweet? The rest of my night was just as beautiful, it was such a great birthday and it made me realize even more how amazing my life is.
♠ ♠ ♠
and that's....bad? hahaha
well Kendall and I are soul mates, you said it yourself! remember the plaid Ky and our names hahaha
but both of us talk about BTR all the time! hahah it's funny.

comments?