We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Big Foust/Grant Family Moment

“Mommy, can we go see Emma?” Mason asked as we were driving home Sunday afternoon from our journey back from New Jersey.

I really wanted to go home and just chill for a little bit before we went and did anything else. But… I guess we should pay the lovely Grants a visit. Plus I got the little ones some awesome stuff at the race!

Once we walked in, the kids gathered around us. Of course Emma and Mason sat together. Christian and Jayden sat by each other too, but with a little more distance than the other pair.

“Guess what Aunt Ky brought for you guys!” I smiled holding the contents I had for them behind my back.

“What?” Christian asked, starting to show his excitement.

“Uncle Tanny gear!” I squealed, showing off their new threads.

“Oh gosh,” Kirsite giggled.

“Look at this. Isn’t it cute?” I smiled while pulling the shirts over Emma’s and Christian’s head.

They were just a tad big on them, but still. It was cute. The shirts went lovely with the little Rockstar hoodies that said Foust on the back. Oh they were so cute. Of course Jayden and Mason still had their shirts on. They didn’t want to take them off after the race.

“Even though this is so cheesy, it’s kind of cute that they all match,” Kirstie spoke.

“And they can cheer on Tanner!” I added pumping my fist in the air like my hubby does, making the kids giggle.

“How’d you do?” Josh asked Tanner.

“He won!” Mason answered for his father.

“It was epic!” Jayden added, making me laugh along with Tanner. Kirstie and Josh just rolled their eyes. It’s adorable! They can’t deny that.

“Don’t worry, Kirstie. I got you something special just for your birthday… that was a few days ago,” Tanner smiled while handing her a big box.

“I’m kind of afraid to open it,” she teased while shaking it.

“Good thing we didn’t put anything breakable in there,” I taunted.

She just made a face at me before she opened the box and pulled her gift out. Her smiled quickly fell before she shot us a look. I tried so hard to hold in my laughter, but I lost it.

So… Tanner thought it would be fitting to get Kirstie… a Foust racing team jacket for her birthday. Of course I wasn’t against it. I thought it was the greatest idea. And so Joshie boy wasn’t left out, we got him one too.

“Now everyone can cheer daddy on!” Mason squealed.

“Woo!” Josh said with no real emotion in his voice.

Whatever. I think it’s an awesome idea. Now everyone has Foust gear for the next race they go to… if they go to it.

“So, how was your birthday?” I asked once everyone settled down.

“Good… Josh was cute,” she had to grin before leaving a kiss on his lips. Um… ew.

“What about your sister? How’d lunch go?” I questioned, hoping it went well.

“Pretty good. She said she would bring mom to come visit in a few days,” she replied, getting excited. I’m not too sure about this.

“Oh, cool,” I replied, not sure of what I should really say. Well, I knew what I wanted to say, but I didn’t want to be too blunt about it.

“Yeah… you guys should come when she does. You guys are like an extended version of my family. I want her to meet you guys too,” she countered, bringing my smile through.

“Aw, big Foust/Grant family moment,” Tanner cooed.

“Wait!” Josh added before he slid his jacket on. Kirstie got the hint and did the same.

“Aw, I feel like we should get a picture of this adorable little moment,” I grinned.

“I’ll get the camera!” Kirstie squealed before running out of the room.

A few seconds later, she came running back in. Her and Josh went on to… plop onto our laps along with the kids while Kirstie held the camera out in front of her.

“Everyone say cheese!” she beamed.

I don’t think anyone got that word out before she hit the button. But of course, one wasn’t enough. I’m pretty sure there’s a good seventy pictures on her camera of us being… us. As we looked through them though, all I could do was smile. They were cute.

Looking back on today, Kirstie’s words stuck to me. We are like extended versions of each other’s family. We’ve always been there for each other. I don’t know what I would do without any of the Grants. And the more I think about it… the more I hope Kistie doesn’t get hurt by her ‘family’ that’s stayed away for almost twenty-six years. But if she does, Tanner and I will there for her… because we’re her family… that’s what we do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw i only have 2 more chapters to post :(

Ky & Tanner

comment pleeease :D