We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

And Not Be Mean To Uncle Josh

“They’re here!” I squealed while getting up to answer the door.

Today Mia was coming over along with my mom. I finally get to meet my mom, I can’t believe this! Josh was sitting on the couch with the kids on his lap while Kylee sat next to him and Tanner was next to her. Jayden was cuddled up to Tanner while Mason was on Ky’s lap so she could be next to Emma.

I was so excited for this day. I can’t wait to have my family together. I called my Uncle Toby and Dad and told them about this but obviously my dad didn’t come. My dad really loved my mom and I know he was really hurt by her leaving. I pushed all these thoughts away as I opened the door.

“Kirsten,” Mom gasped. “Oh my baby!” She shouted while pulling me in for a hug.

She and Mia looked a lot alike but I don’t look a bit like my mom, I must take after my dad’s side of the family. A moment later Mia joined in on our hug and I was so ecstatic right now! I can’t believe my mom is here and my half-sister who weren’t ever part of my life for the past 26 years and now they’re here and they care about me!

“Kirsten, you’re so beautiful. I’m so happy you’re okay; I heard about what your father did,” Mom said to me.

“That’s kind of a long story but Uncle Toby took care of me and ever since Dad got out of jail, he’s been there for me,” I beamed. “I want you to come meet my family.”

I took each of them by the hand and led them into the family room. Josh was smiling at them and was about to introduce himself but my mom spoke first.

“Aw honey, I knew you’d marry well. He’s adorable,” She cooed while grinning at….Tanner.

“No mom, that’s not my husband,” I stated.

“It’s not?” She questioned.

“No. This is my best friend Kylee and that’s her husband Tanner, I wanted you to meet them because they pretty much are my family and those are their two kids Jayden and Mason. And those are my kids, Emma and Christian and that’s my husband, Josh Grant,” I buzzed.

Josh stood up and put Christian and Emma in his spot then held his hand out to my mom and said, “It’s so nice to meet you.”

This is your husband?” My mom wrinkled up her nose while looking at me, ignoring Josh.

“Yeah,” I croaked out.

“You have an awful lot of tattoos. The only people I’ve seen with tattoos are druggies, law breakers, or punks,” She harshly spat.

Right now my mouth was literally hanging open. I couldn’t believe she would say that! Josh didn’t do anything to her, he was polite and that was it!

“Well he’s not any of those,” I spoke up. “He’s amazing and I love him.”

“At least he doesn’t have the jerky look on his face that he did the other day,” I heard Mia whisper to my mom.

It was silent for a minute until Christian leaned over and whispered to me while pointing at Mia, “Mommy, who is that?”

“This is your Aunt Mia,” I told Christian and Emma.

“Nuh-uh. Kylee’s my Auntie,” Chris said while hugging onto Ky.

“Mia’s your auntie too,” I said to him while stroking his hair.

“I only want Aunt Ky,” Emma pouted while hugging onto Kylee as well.

I happened to look over and saw my mom glaring at Josh.

“Um mom, could I talk to you in the kitchen?” I asked.

She nodded her head and followed me into the kitchen. I wanted to speak but she started.

“Did you have both of those kids with Josh?” She questioned me.

“Yeah. He’s my husband, why would you assume they weren’t his,” I responded.

“Well I just thought maybe you were married before. He just seems like the type of guy that you would marry after you maybe went through a divorce and were desperate for someone,” Mom shrugged.

I was speechless for a moment but when I finally got my words back I wasn’t happy at all!

“I don’t mean to be rude mom but I resent that remark. Josh is a wonderful man and you’re totally judging him without knowing him at all! He’s really caring and sweet and he takes such good care of me and our kids and he’s a wonderful dad!” I countered with tears in my eyes.

“Kirsten, you do not argue with your mother and you need to learn some respect!” She shouted. “I thought you were different but I guess you’re just as bad as your husband and father,” She angrily spat.

She stomped out to the living room and told Mia they were leaving and the two walked out of the door. I felt like I was literally watching my family walk out of my life. well that went well.

I couldn’t control it, I started sobbing. I hated that the kids saw me crying but I really need some comfort right now so when Josh opened his arms for me I gladly sat on his lap and let him enfold me in his arms and hold me. He whispered soothing words into my ear and leave little kisses on my forehead.

A minute later I felt a hand rubbing my back. It was too big to be Kylee or Josh’s and when I looked I saw it was Tanner. He gave me a little smile and kept on slowly rubbing my back. Kylee reached over and took one of my hands in hers. All of the kids climbed around us as well.

“Mommy, why did your mommy and sister leave?” Emma asked. “And why didn’t they like us?”

“I don’t know honey,” I sniffled.

“If they’re your family and they love you shouldn’t they love us too?” She questioned

“You’re right Emma, they should,” I replied.

“And they shouldn’t be so mean to Uncle Josh,” Mason spoke up.

“You guys are so right. A real family loves each other and supports one another, they don’t judge and hurt everyone’s feelings,” I sighed.

“But if they love you why do they do that?” Emma went on.

“Emma, I… I don’t think… that they love me,” I choked out.

“But it’s your mommy and sister, they’re supposed to love you,” She pouted.

“I wish they did honey but they don’t and I was kidding myself by thinking that they did,” I said more to myself that anyone else.

“We love you,” Christian smiled while kissing my cheek.

“I love you guys too. And all of you are my real family, everyone sitting here and my dad and uncle toby. You guys are the ones who I love and love me back and that’s what a true family is,” I smiled through my tears.

“I love you honey, and we’re here for you,” Josh whispered while kissing the top of my head.

Of course I wish my mom and half-sister loved me and were here for me but the reality of it is they aren’t and no matter how hard it is, I have to face that reality. One amazing thing about this is it made me realize how lucky I am to have my beautiful family and the Fousts who I truly do consider my family and let me tell you, I have the best family on the face of the earth.
♠ ♠ ♠
but then we have another moto story for you guys!
THEN BIG TIME RUSH!

Kirstie and Joshie

comments?