We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

F In Foust Is For Fast

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. Mason, you may kiss your bride,” the preacher said before my first-born leaned over to kiss his bride… Emma.

Yes! Emma Grant married Mason Foust. How adorable is that? The two dated all through middle school and were always together throughout high school. They had a few moments like any other couple, but at the age of twenty-three, my baby’s married.

I’m so proud of him though. With Tanner’s brain genes, I thought for sure he’d be a college kid. But as he started showing more interest in other things, Mason got his foot into the door of Rally racing… through Tanner Foust racing. He pretty much took over his dad’s spot. Tanner won’t admit it, but… he retired. He’s Mason’s biggest fan though. He makes sure that he’s at all of his races, giving him tips on what to do to make the car better. And it pays off. Mason’s won two US Rallycross Championship, a European one, and has a handful of X Games medals. Need I remind you that he’s twenty-three?

Emma on the other hand, went away from her dirt bike genes… a little. She followed her mommy’s footsteps and went into the design field… to be involved with Mason’s racing. She designs everything for TFR. She took my job! But it’s cute that Mason and Emma figured out a way to be together. Those two are so adorable.

As the two walked back down the isle with huge smiles on their faces, tears started pouring out of my eyes. That’s my baby. Gosh I feel so old right now. Tanner leaned over and draped an arm around my shoulder before kissing my cheek. It made it a little better.

While everyone filed out, Tanner and I met up with Kirstie and Josh. Kirstie was pretty much in the same state I was. Josh and Tanner were just there to be our arms of comfort like they’ve always been.

Pretty soon my youngest came to find us. I know you all are probably wondering, but… yeah, he looks some what like Todd. And he shows a lot more interest in dirt bikes than I would have ever thought. It’s all good though. He’s happy racing his little dirt bike… rocking Foust and the number thirty-four on the back of his jersey.

Todd’s been involved in his life, but not as much as I thought he should. It hurt Jayden a lot. That’s for sure. So, when he turned eighteen, he came to Tanner and I and wanted us to help him start the process of changing his name. Within a few months, my Jayden Cole was a Foust.

Anyway, he came to get us for pictures with the newly wedded couple. We took so many… and I wanted copies of all of them! I couldn’t wait to see these.

“Oh, gosh, I just realized something,” Tanner spoke up after about a half hour of us staring into a lens.

“What?” I asked, looking up at him.

“I’m legally bonded to Kirstie now,” he teased, snickering over at her.

“Hey, this wasn’t my choice,” Kirstie battled back.

“But we’re so very happy that you two are together,” I added, looking at Emma and Mason with a smile.

“My daughter’s a Foust,” Josh groaned playfully.

“At least she’s not a greaser anymore,” I giggled. “Wait, that’s Christian now, right?” I added as he appeared next to Josh.

“Why do I have to be brought into this? I don’t say I’m gonna get greasy,” Christian groaned. Can you tell Josh’s little phrase lost it’s ‘coolness’?

“Hey, your oldest is a little nerdy over there,” Kirstie battled back.

“And your daughter married him,” I snickered.

“Oh my gosh, do you guys ever stop? Ok, Tanner’s nerdy. There’s no getting around that. And dad… is kind of greasy. You guys have only been arguing about this for what? Twenty years?” Emma piped in.

“It’s probably closer to thirty. They probably teased each other before we were even born,” Mason added, chuckling like Tanner does.

“And you guys are supposed to be our role models?” Jayden added.

“Don’t you guys have a reception to get too?” Josh asked.

“It’s our reception. We can be late,” Mason snickered, hooking an arm around Emma’s waist.

“I’ll take Jayden since he got a speeding ticket on his way here,” Christian teased while punching my son’s arm playfully.

“You know ever since you turned eighteen, those seem to be piling up,” Tanner told him while putting a hand on his shoulder as we all walked to our vehicles, leaving Mason and Emma being all cute behind.

“Because the F in Foust is for fast,” I added, smiling at my boys.

“Really, mom?” Jayden complained. He’s such a twenty year old.

The two boys went on to climb into Jayden’s truck… while Christian drove. Josh and Kirstie climbed into Josh’s truck while Tanner and I piled into his. As we started for the reception, I had a little moment to myself.

My baby’s are all grown up. Mason moved out a little before Emma and him got engaged. He wasn’t home much anyway with his race schedule. Jayden’s starting to do some house shopping too. It made me wish Tanner and I had another baby once we got back together years and years ago. But I’m just as happy with my family now as I would have been with another child. And now it’s starting to grow yet again.

Pretty soon Mason and Emma will have little Foust babies… and I’ll be a grandma. Gosh I feel old! Hopefully Jayden will find a nice girl for him and be happy like his brother. But one thing’s for sure. No matter how big they get, they’ll always be my babies. When Jayden leaves the nest though, Kirstie and I can tear up the town… like we used to before we got married and had kids. Or… we could just ponder about the good times we’ve all had together like the family we’ve always been… and always will be.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha I even changed my polyvore icon to James... AH! BTR is taking over!!! lol

but... i'm kind of sad... this is my last chapter :( lol I hope you guys liked it!! I know Kirstie and I had an awesome time writing it :D

The Fousts Yes, I used Danny and Harry from McFly as the sons, but... they're cute!!! haha