The Dangers of Being an Assassin

Prologue

I ran across the roof tops of Fluer, lightly skipping the large gaps between the rooftops with little strength. I ran for an hour before finally landing upon the roof of my target’s apartment. Running my hands over my equipment I made sure that I had everything before easing the trap door on the roof up and slipping into a finely furbished room which from the chairs gathered around a table was the parlor. My target was supposed to be still asleep in his bed. I glanced into his bedroom to see him snoring loudly and tossing and turning. Muffling a snicker I slipped into my target’s bedroom and stepped over him prepared to give him the finishing blow as I studied his features. He was a middle aged merchant that was quite rich named Abar . Abar had made more enemies than friends during his ruthless reign as a merchant and many of them had attempted to assassinate him but all had failed. Well that was before I, Varian, came along. I brought down my dagger and swiftly ended his merciless life. I wiped the blood from the blade onto Abar’s clothing and slipped quietly out into the night and ran to my room which was a building that did not have a lower part but was only accessible through rooftop. Slipping in I lay down and waited for the morning to receive my payment after the news of Abar’s death rocked the merchant quarter.