The Wrong Girl

Happily Ever After

I left the church and looked around the parking lot. I didn’t see his car and was still standing outside when guest started to leave. Josie joined me and put an arm around my shoulders. I didn’t look at her, and continued to try and think about where Jason might have gone.

“Hailey, why don’t we try his house first? That would be my guess.” Josie told me, squeezing my shoulders.

I nodded and headed towards my car. When I got there I was surprised to it unlocked. I looked around and shrugged, getting into the drivers seat. When I looked to my right, I have to say that I wasn’t really surprised to see Jason sitting there. He didn’t say anything and I didn’t expect him to.

I started the car and headed out of the parking lot. Thankfully Josie wasn’t following me, so I would have to explain to her why I wasn’t going to Jason’s house. I drove around aimlessly for a while before pulling over to a little park on a deserted side of town. I sat there for a minute in silence before getting out of the car. I didn’t know whether or not Jason would follow me, but I didn’t look back.

I sat on a swing facing away from the car and stared up at the sky. I was surprised when someone pushed the swing. I looked behind me and Jason stood there, although he still had a pretty blank look on his face. Neither of us said anything. I watched the trees rush past as I swung higher.

The area in front of me was entire forest and the slide and swing set where really the only thing around that showed civilization. I wasn’t sure who had put them here, but I had never questioned it. Jason and I had found it one day when we were exploring town.

I was jolted out of memories when Jason suddenly grabbed the chains, stopping the swing. I looked up at him, but he had his head bent and wouldn’t look at me. I started to stand so I could face him, but he wrapped both arms around my shoulders in a hug. I realized he was crying.

I felt horrible. He had thought he loved Julie and I had ruined everything. I turned in his arms and wrapped my own around his middle. He rested his head on my shoulder (even though I was quite a bit shorter than he was) and I just stood there in silence. I really didn’t know what to say to him after destroying his wedding.

After a while he stopped and pulled away from me. I was shocked when he smiled at me.

“Thanks.” He said.

“W-what?!” I asked in shock.

“For being here. For telling the truth. For not letting me ruin my life.” Jason explains.

“What are you talking about? I ruined your life for you.” I exclaimed.

“No, you made me see the truth. I don’t love Julie. I never have.” Jason told me.

“Then why were you going to marry her? Why were you just crying?” I asked thoroughly confused.

“Well, I was going to wait her because I had convinced myself I loved her. I couldn’t have the girl I really wanted, so Julie seemed like the next best thing. The crying…well, that was just the shock of my girlfriend cheating on me.” He explained.

I felt my heart clench when he said that there was someone else that he really wanted. I kept the emotion off my face.

“So you’re really not made at me for ruining the wedding?” I asked tentatively.

“No, I’m not. I could never stay mad at you anyways.” Jason laughed.

“Well, you’ve been doing a pretty good job of it lately.” I muttered.

“You’ve done that yourself. I’ve tried to talk to you, but you’re so damn stubborn…”Jason sighed.

“I didn’t want to keep having you call me a liar every time I tried to tell you the truth about your girlfriend!” I cried.

Jason frowned. I turned away from him and stepped toward the slide. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. He had stepped around the swing so there was nothing between us when I fell into him. I looked up at him in confusing and he looked back. There was something in his eyes that I could identify. I searched his eyes and noticed when his face started to get closer to mine.

“I thought…I thought there was someone else that you really wanted.” I told him breathlessly.

“Are you really that oblivious?” He asked me quietly, all the while getting closer.

I felt his breath on my lips and nodded, not taking my eyes off his. The closeness of him was preventing me really from thinking straight, so I didn’t get what he was trying to tell me right away. Right before he kissed me though, then I got it. When we pulled away from each other I grinned at him.

“I love you Hailey.” He smiled back.

“I love you too Jason.” I smiled before kissing him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's that.
Hope everyone enjoyed reading. This is my first time doing anything this short, so I hope it's not terrible. I'm supposed to say what I thought the meaning of the song is, and my meaning behind it is to do whatever you need to do to find happiness. Even if it means breaking into your best friend's wedding :D
Thanks for reading.

-Chelsea <3