Just For the Record

Chapter Two

I pushed the box into the back of the giant box, groaning as the laughter picked up behind me. I turned, eyes meeting the joy pairs of rowdy boys, "Just gonna watch me pack your stuff for you?"

"Why not? It's less work for us," Spencer grinned, forcing me to step off the platform.

I walked over, smacking him upside the back of his head, "I'm not going to be a welcome mat like Blaire. Get your butts to work."

Spencer stuck his tongue out at me, moving to load his drum set, while I grinned triumphantly. I turned, making my way into Blaire's mom's house where everyone else was, going over their check lists.

I walked over, leaning against the wood frame attached to the kitchen, as I watching Ryan cooing softly to Blaire's belly. I smiled weakly, jolting and squeaking as a pair of fingers dug into my sides; jumper cables. I spun quickly, connecting my orbs to Brendon's. I glared, pushing his chest lightly.

"Aw," he pouted, hiding his smirk, "am I not allowed to pick on you?"

"No," I hissed, clenching my fists at my side, "I'm not a little girl who wants to be picked on."

"It's true," Blaire's voice broke even, "she's feisty."

I rolled my eyes, mentally noting to slap her later, but kept my eyes on Brendon's. He grinned, exposing a pair of flashy, white teeth.

"Just watch yourself," I bent down, pulling the neatly tucked away switch blade hidden in my high top Converse. I flashed it at him, watching his face fall instantly, "I scare easy."

"You still carry that around?" Ryan's voice forced me to spin on my heels.

I nodded, bending down to tuck it back in its place. Standing up straight, I crossed my arms over my chest.

Sometimes, I played off the girlie-girl bit all too well, which surprised everyone. I could be a total tomboy, however, and not give two shits as to what people thought.

The truth was that I did scare easily. I usually had pepper spray tucked under my pillow and my switch blade on me at all times. Rarely did I ever venture somewhere new alone, but that was because of past scares; too many to recall.

I made my way back outside, the summer wind dancing with my hair, as I watched Spencer come out of the storage bin on wheels.

Realization set in a bit too late, as I thought over the fact that I'd be stuck with four guys (excluding managers and what not) for three months. It was so not what I wanted to do, before I started school in the fall.

- - - -

I rolled over in my bunk, earbuds glued to my ears as thumps vibrated the floor. I rotated my orbs upward, trying not to grumble lowly at the immature boys. Eventually, my bunk curtain slipped open, and I raised an eyebrow at Brendon.

He grinned, ripping the right bud from my ear, "Just making sure you're still alive back here, chickity."

"I kind of have to be, don't I?"

"Well, if you involuntarily die, we have to forgive you. On the other hand—"

"I don't plan on dying anytime soon," I murmured, pulling the curtain from his grasp and replaced the earbud.

These were going to be a long three months. What topped it off was being stuck with someone I partied too hard with. But hey, all girls have to keep their share of secrets, right? Even though mine were pretty dark and shouldn't be talked about to any soul.

I crawled out of the bunk, meeting Brendon's gaze and bit my inner cheek. I watched him hesitantly, smiling weakly, before turning my MP3 off, "Fine, you win."

Brendon grinned wildly, squealing slightly as he ran up to me. He picked me up, twirling around the tiny bunk room hallway. He set me back down, smile still locked on his lips, "I love winning."

I rolled my eyes, smirking, "I know you do."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I got three comments for the first chapter.

Make it happen again, yeah? :) <3