Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

chapter 10

~Early Monday morning~
BANG! BANG! BANG! GROWL! And a moan is what woke me up. “What the hell?” I said to myself as I sat up in my bed. I looked at the clock on my bedside table and it read two thirty-six. I heard another bang and it was coming from the hallway. I jumped out of bed to investigate. I slipped on my house shoes and quietly opened my door then stepped out into the dark hallway. As I walked down the hall I could hear growling coming from Sam and Emily’s door then I heard a moan. That came from Emily. BANG! BANG! BANG! ‘oh my god, they’re having sex.’ I thought to myself before turning and quietly rushing back to my bedroom. I blushed at the thought of them doing it which made me blush even more. Then my thoughts turned to the thought of me and Paul. My face grew even hotter than it had before as I plopped back down on the bed. I grabbed my headphone and turned it up so I couldn’t hear anything and tried to go back to sleep, but I never came. An hour later I got up and quietly went downstairs to get a little snack. I had no idea if they were still going at it but I REALLY didn’t want to know so I kept my headphones on just to be safe. I grabbed a couple of Emily’s chocolate chip cookies and a couple scoops of ice cream then sat down at the table where I put the ice cream on one of the cookies them put the other on top of it making an ice cream cookie sandwich. As the song changed on my iPod silence filled the house for a split second but in that second I heard something that made me snicker and blush. Emily’s voice yelled out Sam’s name as the banging continued. The song started back up thankfully. After I finished my sandwich I put the bowl in the sink and tip toed up the stairs to my room and grabbed my cell phone and texted Jake, Paul and Kim. ‘u up?’ send.

‘yea, bt y r u up?’ Paul replied.

‘couldn’t sleep’ send

‘I am now, y r u txtin me @ 3 n the mornin?’ kim sent.

‘srry, didn’t mean 2 wake u. txt u n the mornin’ send

‘so wat r u doin?’ Paul asked.

‘kk’ Kim sent.

‘layin in bed, txtin u.’ send.

‘hey honey.’ Jake sent.

‘hey suga’ send.

‘fun fun >.<’ I smiled a Paul’s text.

‘yea, it’s a blast, cnt u feel the x-citement thru the txt?’ send

‘wat r u doin?’ Jake asked.

‘layn n bed txtn u and Paul, u?’ Send. I could just imagine him growling when he reads it.

‘ha-ha smart @$$.’ Paul sent.

‘betta 2 b a smart @$$ then a dumb @$$ n.n’ send

‘just got home from patrolin with Leah, she is always a joy to have around.’ Jake sent.

‘ha-ha I can just feel the sarcasm in ur thumbs n.n’ send.

‘thts tru.’ Paul sent.

‘I kno…lord knows we don’t need another Embry on our hands.’ send.

‘my thumbs?’ Jake asked.

‘yes, since we r txtn ur thumbs r doin the talkin.’ I giggled as I sent the message. The song changed again and I heard slight moaning coming from down the hall.

‘ha-ha thts the last thing we need.’ Paul sent.

‘rite? >.<’ send.

‘ur such a nerd.’ Jake sent.

‘I kno bt u still love me. =D’ send.

‘so u ready for to spend time wit me 2day?’ Paul asked.

‘yes, of course. Wat r we doin 2day?’ I asked.

‘that I do<3’ Jake sent.

‘aw I feel so special.’ Send.

‘thts 4 me 2 kno & u 2 find out.’ Paul replied.

‘come on…tell me. o.~’ send.

‘thts the 1st step 2 recovery, admittin u have a problem.’ Jake said.

‘im nt admittin NEthing.’ Send

‘nope. U will jus have 2 wait & c.’ I glared at Paul’s text.

‘NO FAIR!!!! *crosses arms & pouts*’ send.

‘u said u felt special so u kinda did.’ Jake replied.

‘did nt.’ Send. As I the song changed again I heard more banging. “How long can they go at it?” I asked myself. I was kinda starting to get kinda grossed out, they’ve been going at it for over an hour. Poor wall.

‘did 2.’ Jake responded.

‘WEML.’ send.

‘dnt pout & I’m still nt tellin u.’ Paul replied.

‘ur so mean.’ send.

‘WEML? R u seriously quoting camp rock?’ Jake’s text made my mouth drop.

‘0.o u kno wat WEML means and u kno about camp rock?’ I asked shocked.

‘u kno u love me tho.’ Paul said.

‘I kinda have 2…it comes with the imprinting territory dn’t it?’ I laughed to myself.

‘unfortunately yes I do…Kim made us all watch it 1 nite L worst 2 hours of my life.’ Jake responded.

‘I thought patrolling with Leah was the worst?’ send.

‘ouch…harsh Liv.’ Paul replied. I knew he was joking so I smiled. I smiled even wider reading the nickname he had given me yesterday.

‘nvr said it wasn’t, hey would u mind coming ovr?’ send.

‘it’s a tie.’ Jake said.

‘ha-ha when am I gonna meet Leah?’ I asked.

‘sure, everythin ok?’

‘yea…just lonely. Once u get here u will actually kno wat woke me up.’ I responded.

‘she is supposed 2 come over 4 breakfast 2day.’ Jake said.

‘wat should I expect? I’ve nvr really talked 2 her b4.’ Send.

‘sure b ovr in a few.’

‘ok, meet u on the front porch.’ Send.

‘attitude…thts all she is. She PMS’ everyday.’ Jake said.

‘im sure she isn’t tht bad.’ Send. I got off the bed and looked at my reflection to make sure I didn’t have bed head or morning breath. I was good on both so I tiptoed down the stairs again and walked to the front door, opening it quietly then squeezing through. As I walked out the slight breeze that smelt of the rain that had just ended a few hours before hit my face. I sat in the chair that was next to the door and waited for Paul. The sky was now clear allowing the moon to light up everything.

‘oh she is.’ Jake responded.

‘well I will b the judge of tht.’ send.

‘don’t say I didn’t warn u.’ he replied.

‘good…cause I’m not.’ Send.

‘I’m gonna crash. Really tired from patrolling. C u @ breakfast.’ He said.

‘ok, nite Jakey.’ I slid my phone shut and put it in the pocket of my pajama pants as I continued to wait for Paul. I turned off my iPod and listened to the sound of nature at night. The crickets chirping, the frogs croaking near the creek to the left of the house then the sound of feet running. I looked toward the driveway and saw Paul walking toward the house in his usual cutoff jeans and a t-shirt. It was weird seeing him in a shirt since he and the guys hardly ever wore one. I got up from my seat and walked to meet him in the middle as I heard Emily moan loudly. Paul’s head snapped up to look at the house and laugh.

“I see why you couldn’t sleep.” He said. I walked over to him and gave him a hug like I always did with the guys when I first see them in the mornings.

“Yeah…startin to freak me out a little. They’ve been going at it for over an hour and a half.” I said inhaling his scent of his cologne, the woods and fabric softener.

“Wow.” He said squeezing me to him before letting me go.

“Kinda embarrassing. Wonder if they forgot I was here?” I asked as we made our way to the front steps.

“Why is it embarrassing? It’s just sex.” He said as we sat down with the moon light drowning us in its bluish rays.

“Listening to other people have sex is embarrassing to me especially since…ya know I’m a virgin.” I laughed.

“Yea I guess it would be listening to someone else making the noise when it’s not coming from you or your partner.” He snickered. I looked up at him and he was wiggling his eye brows.

“You’re such an idiot.” I said nudging his arm with mine.

“But I’m your idiot.” He said wrapping an arm around my shoulder. We remained quiet for a few minutes just listening.

“You know…it’s kinda a turn on.” I said. My eyes widened when I realized I said it out loud when I actually meant to think it. “Ignore that.” I said looking at him.

“It turns you on listening to other people have sex?” he asked smirking at me.

“I meant to think that.” I said blushing and slamming my head into my hands which were on my knees.

“Ahhh…so it does?” he teased.

“Changing the subject…can we go for a walk or something?” I asked standing up.

“Ha-ha sure…where do you wanna go?” he asked standing up next to me.

“Take me into the woods…I haven’t been in there yet.” I said looking at him. He looked hesitant about doing it. “Please…would you rather me go by myself, unprotected and vulnerable and not to mention a free meal to any vampires that are lurking out there?” I said grabbing his hand. He looked at me then the woods and sighed.

“Fine, but if I say run…I mean it.” He said.

“Sir yes sir.” I said saluting him. “Now come on.” I said pulling him toward the back of the house and toward the woods. As we got closer he pulled me closer to him letting our eyes adjust to the darkness. The only light we had was from the moon. We walked onto the path and remained quiet for a few minutes as the noise from the house faded but remained in my head. Even though I didn’t want to admit it and as weird as it sounded it was kinda turn on. I know you’re probably thinking “You’re so weird” I know. I don’t know how but it just is and the fact that I said it out loud in front of Paul just humiliated me. I couldn’t help but think about Paul making me sound like that. I looked at him and he was looking at the path in front of us. Thinking this made my face turn into a tomato. Then he asked a question that made me what to die of humiliation right then and there.

“Ever think of what you would sound like?” he asked looking down at me. My eyes about popped out of my head and I couldn’t think of an answer except for what.

“What I would sound like?” I asked confused.

“You know…when having sex.” He said. I stopped and looked up at him embarrassed. I have of course but was I going to admit it to him? Probably not.

“I don’t know…what’s it to you?” I asked leaning up against a tree that was next to me.

“You’re my imprint so I’m gonna be sexually drawn to you so I have wondered myself.” He said smirking at me.

“You’ve thought about having sex with me?” I asked looking at him.

“A few times.” He said rubbing the back of his neck. Probably shocked that the conversation was turned onto him in a matter of seconds.

“What was it like?” I asked giggling. He was suddenly nervous about talking about sex. I’d never seen him like this, he’s talked about having sex with girls before but what was so different about talking sex with me? I never understood men when it came to that. “Bad?” I asked.

“Of course not, it was fantastic.” He said looking at the ground.

“Really?” I said surprised.

“When we went to the beach I was so close to taking you back to my place and having my way with you.” He said walking over to me slowly.

“Why didn’t you?” I asked looking up at him. He looked at me shocked with either surprised or he was unsure how to answer it.

“Because you wouldn’t have been ready.” He answered.

“How do you know? I could be ready right now and you would never know.” I said grabbing a loop of his jeans and pulled him toward me while I looked up at him. He looked into my eyes and I felt his breath on my face. He put on arm above my head while his other hand rested on my hip. I wrapped my arms around his waist as I pulled him closer to me. He wasn’t that much taller than me since I was standing on a tree root which made the top of my head go to his nose when it normally when to just under his chin.

“Are you?” he asked leaning his head down to the side of my neck lightly kissing it. I closed my eyes and smiled at the touch of his warm lips.

“No, but I’m not up to a little four play or something.” I said rubbing my hands over his chest. I felt him slightly shiver under my touch.

“Don’t tease me.” he said looking at me.

“Ok.” I said walking under his arm and headed back toward the house.

“What are you doing?” he asked looking at me stunned.

“Not teasing you.” I said turning to look at him over my shoulder with a wink. He playfully growled and ran after me. I squealed and took off running down the path toward the house. I made it out of the woods and into the back yard but tripped over a rock or something then fell onto my stomach with an oomph. Paul caught up to me and stood over me as I turned over.

“You tease me every day.” He said bending over to look at me.

“My bad.” I said giggling as I stood up and brushed myself off. I looked up at him and yawned.

“They’re quiet now…I think you could get some sleep now.” He said. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw that it was four-fifteen, holy crap.

“Hopefully, will you stay with me?” I asked.

“In your room?” he asked.

“No, for one Sam would kill you for being in my bed, two I don’t want you and Jake fighting and three…I don’t trust myself around you.” I said as we walked to the back porch.

“You don’t trust yourself around me?” he asked looking at me.

“I might decide I’m ready and rape you.” I said walking up the steps.

“Babe, you can’t rape the willing.” He said.

“And you’re always willing.” I laughed. He looked at me and laughed too.

“With you yes.” He smirked. I slapped his shoulder and led him through the kitchen and into the living room. We sat down on the couch and I grabbed the remote then started flipping through the channels. I stopped on CNN since they were talking about the war. So far there hadn’t been any more deaths on either side which was good. I laid my head in Paul’s lap and he started to play with my hair which relaxed me. Before I knew it…I was asleep.