Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 13

Over the next few days I stayed in bed unless it was to use the bathroom, shower, or to get something for pain. My cold had gotten extremely worse. I had lost my voice, it hurt to swallow, I could hardly walk since I was weak, my head constantly hurt and I had the chills and hot flashes like crazy. Even though I was sick Paul still came up to my room every other day to spend it will me. We would play cards, board games, watch videos on my laptop or just even watch TV. Jake however didn’t come by to see me, when he came over it was to talk to say, eat or something. Well he did bring me up some soup for Em yesterday but left after giving it to me. So far…Paul is the only one that is trying for me. There was still a week left but I’m just about to say it’s done and choose Paul unless Jake starts to make an effort. Paul has brought me get well soon cards along with the guys, they’ve given me stuffed animals, balloons, flowers and done whatever for me. The only thing Jake has done is bring me soup. Tomorrow is his day and he better show up or I’m done.

~Three days later~
“Jake seriously hasn’t spent any time with you?” Kim asked sitting at the foot of my bed against the rails.

“Does bringing me soup count?” I asked. She shook her head and I sighed. “Then no. You would think he would at least make some effort.” I said eating my soup she brought up for me. Even though I was feeling extremely better the soup was really good so I continued to eat it. My fever was gone, I no longer had the chills and my voice was better too.

“That’s bogus. So what are you going to do?” she asked playing with one of my stuff wolves the guys brought for me.

“I’ve been thinking about just saying forget this and choose Paul since he is putting an effort into it and Jake isn’t. I mean I really like Jake…I mean almost more than Paul but lately it seems like he is pushing me away. Spending all his time with Bella or patrol, I understand the patrolling but he is supposed to be trying to win me over not Bella. Right?” I asked.

“I agree with you and so does Jared. Yeah Paul is hot headed and has a past of being a player and we’ve never seen him try this hard to get a girl before but it does seem like he would be the best choice for you.” She said. I took in her words and thought about it while we watched an episode of Vampire Diaries. It kinda cracked me up how the vampires acted on TV. They should meet the Cullens for a few pointers.

“I’m gonna do it.” I said suddenly.

“Do what?” she asked confused.

“I’m gonna choose Paul. I’m not gonna sit around wasting every other days waiting for Jake to make an effort at this.” I said.

“Good for you.” She smiled at me.

“Is he here?” I asked.

“Jake or Paul?”

“Either.”

“I think they are but I’m not sure…we could always go check. You are allowed of bed now…you’re just being lazy.” She laughed.

“So what…I like it.” I smiled at her.

“Well why don’t you go take a shower, get dressed and come down then tell them.” She said.

“Sounds good to me.” I said. She got up and grabbed the tray then headed downstairs while I headed to the bathroom. I stripped out of my pajamas then got into the shower letting the water relax my muscles and loosen the knots. After I did everything I needed to do I hopped out, wrapped a large towel around my body and grabbed my clothes and walked back to my room. I tossed the clothes into the clothes hamper that was dirty since I did my laundry yesterday with Em and started getting dressed. I brushed my hair, then walked back to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I walked back to my room and made my bed then headed downstairs. As I got to the bottom I saw everyone sitting at the kitchen table talking. I sat at the bottom of the stairs and listened to them talk for a little while. I looked at Jake then Paul…was I really about to do this? My heart started racing, acid in my stomach churned in a very unsettling way and I became extremely nervous.

“OLIVIA!” Kim yelled. I snapped out of my thoughts and saw her kneeling in front of me waving a hand in my face.

“huh?” I asked stupidly.

“You ok?” Sam asked from the table. I looked over and noticed the entire pack looking at me with confusion and concern.

“Oh uh yeah…sorry was just thinking.” I said standing up.

“About what?” Emily asked. I looked at Kim and she nodded her head.

“Jake, Paul can I talk to you guys? In private.” I said. They nodded their heads and got up then headed out the back door. I followed them but not before getting an encouraging smile from Kim. Before I walked out the back door I heard Quil ask ‘what’s going on?’ They guys were standing off to the side when I walked out on the back porch. I jerked my head signaling them to follow me. They followed and I stopped just a few feet from the woods.

“What’s going on?” Jake asked.

“I’ve come to a conclusion that this whole ‘winning me over’ thing is just a waste of time.” I said looking at them. They both tensed and looked at me.

“What are you talking about?” Paul asked confused.

“I’m talking about how someone isn’t doing much to win me over.” I said as my eyes jerked toward Jake and they both noticed.

“I can’t spend every minute with you Olivia…I do have other people who are in my life ya know.” He said.

“I didn’t say every minute Jake, the thing was was to spend every other day with me. Not all day…just a few hours or whatever. You haven’t spent a single hour with me. Even when I was sick you didn’t come to see how I was.” I said looking at him.

“I came and saw you.” He said through gritted teeth.

“No you didn’t. You brought me soup then left. That’s not spending time with me Jake. I thought you would have at least TRIED to win me over but you’ve just been pushing me away. Paul has spent every day with me that he can. When it was his day he was here from the time I got up till the time I fell asleep unless he had to patrol which I was fine with. You on the other hand nothing. That’s why I’ve made the decision to just end it and make my decision…there is not point in me waiting every other day hoping that you would get your head out of Bella’s ass and actually realize that I was worth something.” I said glaring at him.

“DON’T BRING BELLA INTO THIS!! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HER!!!!” he yelled as he started to shake.

“IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HER JAKE!!!!! I’M YOUR IMPRINT, NOT HER. I’M THE ONE THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT FOR, NOT…HER!!!!! CAN’T YOU SEE THAT YOU ARE JUST WASTING YOUR TIME WITH HER??? SHE WANTS TO BE WITH EDWARD…NOT…YOU!!!!” I yelled at him. His shaking became even more violent. “That’s why I’ve chosen Paul and not you.” I said looking at him. When I said that he started growling viciously. Paul jumped in front of me and blocked me from Jake. The screen door of the house flew open and the pack came running out.

“JACOB CALM DOWN!!!” Sam yelled running over to us.

~Jake’s P.O.V~
“IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HER JAKE!!!!! I’M YOUR IMPRINT, NOT HER. I’M THE ONE THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT FOR, NOT…HER!!!!! CAN’T YOU SEE THAT YOU ARE JUST WASTING YOUR TIME WITH HER??? SHE WANTS TO BE WITH EDWARD…NOT…YOU!!!!” Olivia yelled looking up at me. Everything she had said was true but there was still a part of me that hoped Bella would change her mind but at the same time I wanted Olivia and I know that I hadn’t spent time with her. It was like my heart belonged to two different girls and I couldn’t chose. “That’s why I’ve chosen Paul and not you.” She said. When I heard those words I started to shake even more. I’d been rejected by the girl I was destined to be with. It hurt even more than being rejected by Bella. My shaking became more violent as I tried to control myself but it wasn’t working. Paul stepped in front of her blocking my view of her.

“JACOB CALM DOWN!!!” Sam yelled running out of the house over to us.

“Give me one more chance Olivia.” I begged her.

“Jake, I’ve given you day after day of more chances. When you stood me up on the first day I gave you another shot hoping you would come but you didn’t and your other days were no different. Every time I asked where you were I always got the same answers…patrol or at Bella’s. I understand patrolling so I let those slide but you couldn’t even spend two hours with me. We didn’t have to go to dinner or bowling or out…when I was sick Paul still spent time with me just watching TV, playing games, and just hanging out. I never asked to be taken to expensive restaurants or anything. I just said that you guys had to prove that I should choose you and Paul did. You didn’t, you just showed me why I shouldn’t. I’m sorry Jake.” She said as she stepped out from behind Paul and stood next to me. I could handle being rejected by Bella but being rejected by her put me over the edge. I had to get away from here. I phased and growled at them. Olivia jumped and stepped back behind Paul who crouched and growled at me. I growled one last time then ran into the woods. It wasn’t even a few seconds later when my head was swarmed with the pack’s voices.

‘Jake, come back.’ Embry said.

‘no, i need to get away for a while.’ Said blocking their thoughts out of my head as I ran. I wasn’t sure where i was going, all I knew was that I needed to get away and I wasn’t sure for how long. I practically had pushed her away without even realizing it. I regret not spending time with her, I regret avoiding her and I should have listened to Jared when he said that this was going to happen.

~Olivia’s P.O.V~
My heart was somewhat shattered when Jake phased and ran into the woods. It hurt me just as much as it hurt him but he didn’t it to himself. I stood at the edge of the woods and looked in after Jared, Quil and Embry ran after him. A few seconds later Quil came out wearing his cut offs. “He’s gone.” He said.

“Give him time…he’ll come back.” Sam said. I felt kinda guilty for the pack losing a member.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t think he would run away because of it.” I said looking at the ground.

“It’s ok…it wouldn’t be the first time Jake left us hanging.” Quil said. Sam and Quil headed back into the house while Paul and I stayed in the back yard. We walked over to the swing that Sam had built for Emily by one of the big trees and sat down.

“So you chose me.” He said.

“Yeah, is that ok with you?” I asked.

“It’s fine with me…is it ok with you?” he asked.

“Yeah.” I smiled at him. “Now that I’ve chosen you I have to tell you something.” I said looking at him.

“What do you have to tell me?” he asked.

"I don’t wanna be another one of them. Where you will say and do anything to get with them then leave them hanging high and dry.” I said looking at him. “This is the first time I’ve ever been in a relationship and I really don’t want to look back and remember it like they remember your relationship.” I confessed.

“Don’t worry…our relationship will be nothing like those.” He said lightly touching my cheek.

“Promise?” I asked.

“I promise.” He said smiling at me before he bent forward and pressed his lips to mine. It wasn’t like the other kisses we had shared this one was full of love, not lust. It lasted only a few seconds. I pulled away smiling at him. “Let’s go in before you get sick again.” He said grabbing my hand and I allowed myself to be pulled back toward the house. When we walked back in Kim gave me a hug and we hung out in the living room till dinner was done. We watched music videos and sang out loud even though we couldn’t carry a tune. Three hours later Kim and I were making up dances to songs while Embry laughed from the couch while the rest of the pack was in the kitchen talking to Sam. They had given up on trying to convince Jake to come back so they came back.

“No you gotta do it like this.” I said to Km trying to get her to do the movie right. Kim is a very pretty, incredibly smart girl but she has two left feet.

“Like this?” she asked trying the move. I watched her as she tried and she almost got it.

“I’m starting to think we should have done the hokey pokey.” I said.

“Don’t judge my inability to dance.” She playfully glared.

“It’s not my fault you have to left feet.” I teased.

“Take that back.” She said playfully glaring at me and pointing at me.

“Nope.” I said popping my ‘p’. She lunged at me and I caught her in my arms and we fell to the floor laughing. We rolled around for a few minutes yelling stupid insults like I called her a granny toe licker and she called me a SpongeBob fart face. The guys were laughing hysterically at us as we play fought. She sat up and we started to play smack each other’s hands.

“Girl on girl action!!!” Embry yelled. I heard feet running against the floor and caught a quick glimpse of the guys standing in the doorway…well except for Sam of course. They started cheering and laughing as the fake insults kept flying.

“TAKE HER TOP OFF!!!!!” Seth yelled.

“WHICH ONE THOUGH?” Embry asked laughing.

“Who cares?” Seth answered getting a smack from Paul and Jared. I rolled over and I was on top of Kim now and when I sat up I smacked my head on the table.

“Ow.” I laughed as I rubbed my head. She laughed at me and started poking my stomach. “QUIT LAUGHING AT ME!!” I yelled at her as our fight continued.

“NEVER!!” she yelled back. The guys were still cheering us on and they started taking bets.

“Let’s change it up on them.” I said leaning toward Kim and whispered in her ear. She nodded her head.

“What do you wanna do?” she asked.

“Follow my lead.” I said sitting up and she nodded. We play fought for a few more minutes till we were out of breath and I flipped it. “oh Kimmie, I like it when you play rough with me.” I moaned as she flipped me over.

“I knew you would.” She replied making the guys go silent.

“I don’t know why we are with guys…you are so much better.” I snickered as I caught a glimpse of the guys.

“OH MY GOD!!! THEY’VE TURNED LESBIAN!!!” Embry yelled as his eyes grew wide.

“SWEEET!!!!!!” they all said at the same time.

“Go up to my room with me?” I asked her.

“Let’s go lover…I’m so hot for you.” She said standing up. I got off the floor and we ran up to my room with the guys behind us.

“WAIT FOR US!!!” Paul yelled. When we were in my room I slammed the door in their faces and locked it as the groaned.

“OH COME ON!!! I WANNA SEE MY GIRLFRIEND WITH ANOTHER GIRL!!” Jared said through the door. I walked over to my iHome and turned my iPod on so they couldn’t hear our conversation.

“Now what?” she whispered.

“Mess your hair up and your clothes.” I said ruffling my hair. She followed and we kept on laughing.

“Oh we should slam up against the door and make kissing noises.” She said.

“Oh good idea.” I said walking over to the door and I hit it with my hand and kicked it a little making it sound like we ran into the door. “Mess my bed up.” I said. She walked over to it and pulled the blankets every which way.

“OPEN THE DOOR!!!” Seth whined.

“Mmm….Kim…you’re so much better than Paul.” I said against the door.

“Now there is no way in hell that is possible.” I heard Paul say from the other side of the door. I couldn’t help but giggle. Kim started to moan slightly and I giggled when I heard the guy’s voices start to sound turned on.

“They are such teases.” Embry said.

“Let’s head out.” I whispered to her. We made sure our hair was messed up and so where our closed. I walked over to my iHome and shut my iPod off then headed over to the door. We stood side by side and I opened the door. “Hey guys.” I smiled at them.

“Oh my god.” Jared whispered.

“You guys really should experiment…it’s amazing.” I laughed.

“I don’t think they did anything.” Paul said looking at me.

“Dude, you heard them.” Seth said looking at us. “Plus look at them.” He said. I looked at Kim and she had smeared her lip gloss around her mouth to make it look like I had actually kissed her.

“They didn’t do anything.” Paul said crossing his arms over his chest.

“And why do you say that?” I asked.

“Well for one…Kim has lip gloss all over her mouth and you have none, for two that was a lousy quickie and three…I’ve heard you moan…and that sounded nothing like the moans I’ve heard.” He said. My cheeks flamed as I blushed. Nobody had known what happened the first day this thing between him and Jake started. When he ate me out. The only person who knew besides us two was Kim.

“You’ve heard her moan? How?” Embry asked.

“Tell him and you die.” I said pointing a finger at him before smiling.

“You can’t sneak that kinda stuff around me.” He said.

“Oh poo…we’ve been caught.” I said looking at Kim who laughed. “Let’s get fixed up so we can eat dinner.” I said trying to close my door. Paul’s hand stopped me.

“I wanna talk to you.” He smirked. Before I could answer Jared grabbed Kim’s hand and pulled her out of my room and Paul closed my door pushing me inside. He walked over to my iHome and turned my music back on.

“What did you wanna talk to me about?” I asked confused as he walked over to me.

“Nothing…you just turned me on so bad when I thought about you and Kim.” He said pressing his lips to mine. I smiled against his lips and wrapped my arms around his neck. My tongue ran against his bottom lip and he opened up instantly. Our tongues fought for dominance for a few seconds before he let me win. “You have no idea what you do to me.” He said releasing lips and moving to my neck.

“I think I have an idea.” I said as he worked his way to my sweet spot that he had found a few days ago. “We better stop before…” I said before moaning as he hit it. He growled and lifted me up and carried me to my bed. “Paul…” I moaned as he kissed it again.

“Yes?” he asked against my neck.

“Dinner will be done soon.” I said. He didn’t answer, all he did was slide his hand under my shirt and slid it up.

“DINNER!!!!” Emily yelled.

“Ah saved by the yell.” I said pushing Paul off of me.

“You need to stop teasing me.” He said. I stood up in front of him and fixed my hair, clothes and stuff from mine and Kim’s little act.

“Sorry love…no can do.” I said smiling at him as I turned around and headed out of my room. Walking into the kitchen I noticed that Leah was at the table. She glared at me as I sat down next to Embry and Paul.

“Heard you drove Jacob away…that figures.” She said looking at me.

“What is your problem Leah? I’ve done nothing to you.” I asked from the other side of the table.

“Is that a joke? Ever since you got here you’ve caused nothing but trouble…acting like a spoiled brat. You led Jake and Paul on, you made them fight for you like you are some precious jewel, you acted like you were dying when you had a little cold, everyone was waiting on you hand and foot like you were royalty and then Jake left because you rejected him and you’ve done nothing…why can’t you just go back to California, be a spoiled marine brat and leave us alone. Everything was fine before you got here.” She said standing up and leaning toward me.

“Leah stop.” Sam said.

“FOR YOUR INFORMATION…LEAH, YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW THE HALF OF MINE, JAKES AND PAULS PROBLEMS SO BUT THE FUCK OUT. I DID NOT ACT LIKE I WAS DYING, I WAS FORCED BY EVERYONE TO STAY IN BED AND NOT MOVE. EVERYONE HELPED ME OUT EVEN THOUGH I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN’T HAVE TOO. AND I DID NOT FORCE JAKE TO LEAVE. HE HAD MULTIPUL OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE UP FOR THE DAYS HE DIDN’T COME OVER, HE AGREED TO GO ALONG WITH MY PLAN. YEAH MY DAD MAY BE A MARINE BUT I AM HIS DAUGHTER AND I AM FUCKING PROUD OF IT. HE IS OVER THERE FIGHTING EVERY DAY, RISKING HIS LIFE FOR YOUR SAFETY. IF IT WASN’T FOR HIM WE WOULD’T HAVE OUR FREEDOM SO DON’T YOU DARE BRING HIM INTO THIS YOU STUCK UP, SELF CENTERED, EGOTISTICAL BITCH!!!!!” I yelled standing up in my chair and glaring at her. I walked away from the table and ran upstairs to my room.

“LEAH GO HOME!!!” Sam yelled. As I got to my room I heard feet running behind me and I quickly closed my door and locked it.

“Olivia honey open up.” Emily’s voice said from the other side of the door.

“I’m sorry Em…I just wanna be alone right now.” I said breathing deeply. I had always had a bad temper but I always managed to keep it under control unless something really hit a nerve and I would lose control.

“Ok sweetie…I will put your food in the fridge for you.” She said.

“Thank you.” I said. I heard her footsteps walking away as I paced around my room and tried to calm down.

~Kim’s P.O.V~
“YOU STUCK UP, SELF CENTERED, EGOTISTICAL BITCH!!!!!” Olivia yelled at Leah. I sat in my chair slightly shocked at Olivia’s temper but slightly amused as she went off on Leah. I had never seen ANYONE go off on her like that before. Olivia turned away from the table and ran up the stairs as Emily ran after her.

“LEAH GO HOME!!” Sam yelled at her. She glared at him before turning around and stomping out of the house. Nobody made a noise due to shock I guess.

“Whoa.” I said to myself. A few seconds later Emily came back down with a frown on her face.

“She wants to be alone.” She said. She grabbed a plate and made Olivia a plate for later. That night everyone ate in an awkward silence. After Jared finished his fourth plate he took me home.

~Sam’s P.O.V~
“Sam you gotta do something about Leah.” Emily told me as I helped her clean up the kitchen while Embry, Seth and Paul ran patrol. Quil had gone home to help his mom with something and Jared took Kim home.

“I know babe…I just don’t know what to do with her. Olivia hasn’t done anything to her so I don’t know why she is targeting her.” I said scraping food into the garbage disposal.

“Do you think…no that can’t be it.” She said.

“What can’t be?” I asked.

“The situation between Olivia, Jake and Paul is kinda like what happened to the three of us but it is a little different. Olivia had to choose either Jake or Paul leaving the other crushed.” She said sitting a plate down on the counter.

“I see your point but that’s not what it is…I think she is just angry that Jake and Paul imprinted before she did and she is taking it out on Olivia instead of them.”

“Yeah that could be it.” She said. “I feel so bad for Olivia.” I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

“She’s gonna be fine.” I said comforting her. After a few minutes we finished up the kitchen and headed to the living room to watch a movie.

~Olivia’s P.O.V~
I didn’t leave my room for the rest of the night. Instead I put my pajamas back on and went to bed.