Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

chapter 14

~One month, four day, seven hour and fifteen minutes later~
It’s been over a month since Jake has left, since Paul and I started dating, and since the day I went off on Leah. I still felt kinda guilty that Jake left because I chose Paul over him. A few days after Jake left I caught myself crying on the cliffs from thinking about it. I had realized that I loved Jake more than I actually thought. Yea Paul was great and everything but it was different. When Jake left I felt my heart rip in half, like he took the half that was his. My heart would never be whole again as long as he was gone. Everyone has moved on but things were still weird without Jake being around. A week after he left I went up to Forks to hang out with Alice and Edward read my thoughts who ended up telling Bella who drove all the way to La Push the next day just to go off on me. It wasn’t even my fault but then again it was. The guys say that when they patrol they caught glimpses of where he is every now and then. The last I heard he was somewhere in Alaska, and before that he was in New York. Everything is still the same practically except the guys are short a pack member. *Sigh* My dad has been calling me every four or five days since I called him one night freaking out about a dream I had about him getting killed. So he promised he would call and he has. General Worthington paid me a visit a few days ago just to see how everything was going. I showed him the beach, the cliffs, the town, my room and even the spots in Port Angeles that we all hung out at almost every weekend. I was so happy to see him and Mrs. Worthington, it was great to see someone from home. He asked a bunch of questions like when school started and if I was mentally prepared to attend a public school which I am. Speaking of school it starts in just a few days which I am so excited about. Paul is worried about the guys hitting on me but I totally threw him a curve ball when I told him he should worried about me hitting on them which he didn’t find to funny even though I thought his reaction was hilarious. I had to reassure him that I wasn’t going to hit on any of them. Maybe. Just kidding. But mine and Paul’s relationship is great. Yeah he keeps pushing me to have sex with him because we do fool around but I’m just not ready to go all the way. I keep telling him that when I am ready then he will know, even though we almost did it a few nights ago when I stayed the night with him at his place since Sam and Emily went out for the night and I gave them some alone time. But I quickly put a stop to it. It seems the more he is around me, the more we kiss, the more we do, the more I have to stop him and the more aggravated he gets. Kim is afraid that his past is getting the best of him and he is so used to having a girl every other night. She thinks that he would be able to control it anymore and just force me into it. I myself am a little bit worried about that too but I don’t want him to know it. I try not to worry myself with it thought because Paul respects me enough not to do it…I hope.

~Three days later~
“WE’RE SENIORS!!!!!!” Kim and I yelled as we sat in the back of Jared’s van on the way to school for the first day.

“I can’t wait to graduate…it’s gonna be AWESOME!!” I said in a sing-song tone.

“I know…no more school, boring old classes, no more homework or annoying teachers yelling at us to stay quiet and stay in our seat.” Kim smiled.

“I’ve never had that but I am looking forward to it.” I said.

“You’re so weird.” Quil said from behind us.

“Hey…don’t judge.” I laughed turning to face him.

“OH MY GOD!!! SENIOR PROM!!!! THAT’S GOING TO BE AMAZING!” Kim squealed bouncing up and down in her seat.

“I can’t wait.” I clapped as we pulled into the schools parking lot. As we pulled into a parking spot and got out my stomach gave a weird jerk and a twist. I stood next to the door and looked at the ground.

“You ok babe?” Paul asked wrapping his arm around me.

“Yeah…just nervous.” I sighed.

“Don’t worry…we’ve got your back.” He said. I smiled up at him and stood on my tip toes to kiss him but was pulled away by Kim.

“Come on…you have to get your schedule, locker number and shit.” She said dragging me away.

“Help me!” I yelled to the guys as they followed us and laughed.

“Of stop…it’s not like I’m kidnapping you.” She said pulling me through the front door and down the hall to the office.

“I think I would rather enjoy that instead of being your rag doll.” I laughed as she pulled me to a large wooden door with the words ‘MAIN OFFICE’ painted on it in white paint.

“Come on.” She said opening the door. Once inside I saw a lady sitting at a large oak desk covered that was covered in papers.

“Hey Kim…how was your summer?” the lady asked.

“Hey Miss. Henderson. It was great, the gang and I went down to California for the fourth of July.” Kim answered.

“How nice…now, what can I do for ya?” Miss. Henderson asked.

“This is Olivia Waterman and today is her first day.” Kim said turning to me.

“Well hello Olivia. Let me get your schedule.” She said. She turned and walked to a different room to get my stuff.

“She’s nice.” I smiled turning to Kim.

“She is the coolest faculty member here.” She said. Miss. Henderson came back with three papers in her hand.

“Here you are. Here is your class schedule, your locker number and combination, and also a map of the school in case you get lost.” She said smiling at me.

“Thank you Miss. Henderson."

“You’re welcome and welcome to Quileute High.” I smiled at her before Kim grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door.

“Ok let me see your schedule.” She said. I handed her the schedule and she pulled hers out and examined it. “We have second, third and sixth period together. Oh we also have lunch with the boys.” She said.

“Sweetness. Now where is my locker?” I asked showing her my number.

“Oh…your locker is right by mine, Embry and Quil’s.” she said. We walked down a few halls before seeing the guys by a group of lockers. “Your locker is right…” she said looking at the numbers. “Move Quil. Right here.” She said moving Quil and pointing to my locker.

“Your locker is right next to mine.” Quil smiled.

“Yay.” I said sarcastically but smiled.

“What classes do you have?” Paul asked taking my schedule out of my hand so he and the guys could look at it. “You’re taking advanced calculus?” he asked surprised as I opened my locker and put my stuff in it.

“You got first, second, fifth and seventh period with us.” Embry said.

“That means I’m on my own fourth period.” I frowned.

“Don’t worry…you’ll be fine.” Seth said. I closed my locker and we hung out there for a while just talking. I noticed that several of the girls were glaring at me when they saw Paul put his arm around me. Jealous much? I thought to myself.

“Hey guys, Kim, and new comer. I’m Eliana Pierce, head of the student council, student body president and so much more. Who are you?” she asked.

“Olivia Waterman, marine’s daughter, senior and karate champion. Nice to meet you Eliana.” I said shaking her hand.

“Nice to meet you too…so where is Jake?” she asked turning to the guys.

“He uh…he won’t be here for a while. He’s out of state.” Jared answered.

“Oh poo. Anyways we all better get to class.” She said looking at me before running off.

“Ok that girl has MAJOR ADHD.” I said as we all started walking toward first period.

“It gets worse around major school events like prom and class election and big basketball games.” Quil said.

“Great…” I said sarcastically as the bell rang and we walked into our class. I walked up to the front while everyone else took their seats. “Hello, my name is Olivia Waterman and I am a new student here.” I said to the teacher.

“Ah yes. Hello Ms. Waterman. I’ve Mr. Elkin and welcome to senior history. You may take your seat anywhere that is available.” He said smiling at me and signing my paper. I turned to look for an empty seat by the guys and found one between Quil and Paul. I quickly walked over and took my seat. Mr. Elkin started off class by having people talk about their summer like what they did, where they went, and etc. When it got to me it was like I was being questioned by the cops. The class threw so many questions at me that by the time class ended it was grateful to get out of there. I gathered my bag and practically ran out of class.

“Is every class going to be like that?” I asked Paul as we headed to our second period.

“More than likely.” He smirked my favorite smiled. We went from class to class and just as he said it was just like being interrogated. Question after question, class after class. By the time fourth period came I was a nervous wreck since I didn’t have the class with any of them. Luckily the kids in that class were more worried about their school work instead of me. I sat in the back of the class and stayed quiet in fear another interrogation would start again. When that class ended I ran to the cafeteria to meet up with the gang for lunch and was I glad when I saw them sitting at the large round table. I walked over and sat down then rested my head on the table. My stomach was still in knots from the nerves so I didn’t get anything to eat. When the bell rang we went to our last three classes before we were able to leave which I was so grateful for when the final bell rang. I bolted out of my seat and hurried out the door to Jared’s van.

“Geez are you in a hurry to leave?” Paul asked finally getting to the van.

“I just wanna get home…I’m exhausted.” I sighed and climbed into the back seat. Once everyone was in we dropped everyone off at their house before Paul and I were dropped off at Sam and Emily’s. They asked how my first day was and I told them about the questions and the teachers and everything. We ate dinner and by the time eight rolled around I was staggering up the stairs to my room with Paul behind me laughing. Once in my room I slid my shoes off and tossed my bag to the corner of the room and collapsed on my bed. Paul climbed in next to me and I curled up against him before falling asleep.