Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 16

(This chapter was inspired by Sara Evan's song A Little Bit Stronger...I suggest you listen to it while you read this)

Day after day my routine was the same. Wake up, stare out the window, think about everything that's happened, take a shower, and put a fake smile on my face. Even though I had a smile on my face it was all just a front. Every morning I woke up and hoped that he wouldn't be here but every morning I was wrong. Everytime I walked down the stairs he was sitting at the table eating, everyone would go silent and I would grab an apple then sit on the porch till it was time to leave. I tried to avoid him as much as possible at home, even though I couldn't at school since we had alot of classes together. The images of Jamie and him still flashed in my mind every time I looked at him. The hurt was still there but every day got a little better, thanks to Jake. Even though he messed up the two weeks he had to fight for me he has been making up for it. I forgave him for not showing up for the dates. Everytime I woke up in the middle of the night crying I would call or text him and he would come sit with me till I stopped, he was there when I needed someone to talk to. We've talked a few times about the imprinting thing between him and I but I'm just not ready for another relationship just yet, he understands. He doesn't presser me to date him or anything, when we hang out he doesn't constantly ask if I'm ready for a relationship. He just helps me through it. Paul on the other hand is just making it harder. Jamie sits at our lunch table every now and then which pisses me off. Everytime she sits with us she sites on his lap and they make out as if nobody else is at the table. Lunch today is no different. "Seriously, we're trying to eat here." I snarled at the two making out.

"If you don't like it...don't watch." Jamie said turning to look at me. I slammed my plastic fork down onto my tray and stood up. I glared at her while she smirked at me before I grabbed my backpack and rushed out of the cafeteria. I walked past teachers who were yelling at me to stop but I ignored them and continued down the hall and out the back door. The cold October air blew my hair in every direction as I walked down the stairs. I walked out of the parking lot and started walking down the road.

"OLIVIA!!!!" I heard someone shout my name. I turned around and saw the gang running toward me. "What are you doing?" Embry asked.

"I'm going home...I can't take it anymore." I said as tears built up in my eyes. I turned around and started walking down the street and headed back to Sam and Emily's. When I walked in they were sitting in the living room watching tv. When the door slammed against the frame they jumped and looked at me.

"Olivia? What are you doing home?" Emily asked. I didn't answer. I just turned and ran up to my room as small sobs escaped my lips. I rushed into my room and slammed the door shut then jumped on my bed and cried into my pillow. A few seconds later there was a knock on the door and a creak signaling that it opened.

"Livia? Sweetie what's wrong?" Sam asked sitting next to me. I guess Emily was with us since the other side of my bed shifted.

"I hate him Sam. I hate him." I cried.

"Hate who?" he asked confused.

"PAUL!! WHO ELSE??" I yelled rolling over to look at him.

"What happened?" Emily asked touching my hand lightly.

"Imprinting happened." I cried. She wrapped her arms around me and I cried into her shoulder. "Why does he have to be such a jerk?" I cried. I felt the bed shift behind me signaling Sam's departure from the room.

"He's a guy sweetie. They have more mood swings than a pregnant woman." she said. I sat up and laughed slightly.

"I hate him so much Em. He ruined my first relationship." I said wiping my eyes.

"It's normal to hate him Olivia." she said.

"I wish I had theirs or the Cullens strength so I could actually hurt him." I sniffled.

"I'm sorry he did this to you honey, but instead of crying over him why don't you show him what he missed out on and move on." she suggested.

"That's a good idea." I said.

"Since school is almost over, why don't you just relax then after it ends see if Kim wants to go to Port Angeles and go shopping. Have a girls day out with no boys." she smiled.

"Yeah...I think she would like that." I said. "Thanks Em." I smiled giving her a hug.

"Anytime sweetie" she said. She smiled at me one last before getting off the bed and leaving. I sighed and looked around my room at all the stuff he had gotten me while I was sick, the pictures we took together and groaned. I grabbed my Ipod out of my bag and put it in my iHome. I ran down to the kitchen and grabbed a trash bag from under the sink then went back to my room. Once inside I closed my door and turned my iPod to Should've Said No by Taylor Swift. I started grabbing everything that reminded me of Paul and started shoving them into the trash bag. Stuffed animals, pictures, cards, anything. After about thirty or so minutes the bag was full and everything was out of my room.

"HEY SAM!!!" I yelled dragging the heavy bag down the stairs.

"Yeah?" his voice echoed through the house.

"Could you do me a favor?" I asked pulling it into the kitchen.

"Depends." he said walking from the living room.

"Will you give this bag to Paul when you see him later?" I asked grunting as I gave it one last tug before letting it go.

"Uh sure." he said eyeing the bag.

"Thanks." I smiled before turning and heading back up to my room. When I walked in my room I stopped short. It looked so empty. Boring. Bare. I sighed as I sat on my bed for a little while. "You need to do this Olivia. You're tough. You don't dwell on things like this. You need to get over him." I told myself over and over again. After a while my phone started ringing and I answered it. "Hello and thank you for calling the getting-over-jerks-who-cheat hotline, how can I help you?" I said in a high pitched voice.

"You're such a nerd." Kim's voice said from the other end.

"Well hello to you too." I laughed.

"Hello...so what are you doing?" she asked.

"Sitting on my bed talking to you." I replied.

"What have you been doing since you left school?" she asked.

"Throwing out a few things." I said looking around my room.

"Throwing out a few things?" she asked confused.

"Yep...everything that had to do with Paul I put in a trash bag and asked Sam to give it back to Paul." I answered.

"Why the sudden change? You were heart broken this morning." she said.

"Emily and I talked and she said that I should go out and have a girls day with you and get over him so that's was the first step...oh which reminds me, do you wanna go shopping?" I asked.

"Of course." she said.

"Ok, have Jare drop you off here and I will ask Sam to use his truck." I said.

"Ok, see you in a bit." she said before we hung up the phone. I slipped my phone into my pocket and hopped down the stairs.

"Sammie!!" I said in a sing-song tone.

"Whaaat?" he replied in the same tone.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked walking into the living room where he was watching TV.

"What?" he asked.

"Can I use your truck for a couple hours?" I asked.

"For what?" he asked.

"So Kim and I can go shopping...it's part of my get-over-jerks-who-cheat process." I explained.

"Sure just be careful...the clutch sticks sometimes." he said tossing me the keys.

"Thank you." I smiled giving him a hug.

"You're welcome but don't get used to it." he smiled. I nodded and ran back up to my room to grab my purse just as Jared's van pulled into the drive way. I looked out my window and saw the entire pack climb out except Leah. I slipped on my jacket and sighed as I walked down the stairs. As I exited the front door I came face to face with Paul. We looked at each other for a few seconds before my gaze turned into a glare.

"Paul." I hissed.

"Olivia, I-" he started to say but I cut him off by walking away.

"You ready Kimmie?" I asked walking over to Sam's truck.

"Where you guys going, thought we were going to the beach for the bon fire party later?" Quil said.

"That's not for six more hours. Till then...Kimmie and I are having a girl's day with out any of you." I said.

"See you later." she said giving Jared a kiss before walking to the passenger side.

"Be careful." The guys all yelled as I climbed into the driver's seat. I looked at Jake and waved.

"So protective." Kim whispered as we closed the door and I stuck the key in the ignition.

"Right." I laughed as the large truck roared to life. We snapped our seat belts in place and I pulled out of the driveway. We waved to the guys before heading north down the road. We listened to the radio and cracked some jokes during the drive and we were there in no time. I slowly pulled into a parking spot. "Then he peed his pants when the girl screamed." I laughed telling Kim about one of the movie nights on the base with a few of the soldiers.

"Wow...that movie wasn't even that scary." she laughed sliding out of the truck.

"I know but apparently he thought other wise." I laughed locking the truck. We hurriedly walked into the mall out of the light snow that had started to fall. "Ok, where to first?" I asked brushing the snow off my shoulder.

"I don't know...let's just walk around and pick them as we walk." she said. We linked arms and started walking. We went in and out of stores for a little while. "Oh my god...you HAVE to try this on." Kim said holding a dress up to me.

"Kimmie it's definitely to cold for that." I said looking at it in the mirror.

"You can always wear it when it warms up." she said in a 'duh' tone.

"True...fine I will try it on." I smiled walking to the dressing room. I sat my bags down and stripped out of my clothes.

"Got it on yet? Kim asked impatiently from the other side of the door.

"Hold your horses Kim." I laughed slipping the dress on then zipping the side. "Alright, ready?" I asked.

"Ready." I unlocked the door and stepped out. "Oh. My. God Livia...you look amazing." she smiled looking at me as I walked over to the mirror.

"You think?" I asked looking at my reflection.

"HOT!" she grinned.

"Maybe I should wear it to graduation." I said turning and looking at her.

"That's a good idea...I'm gonna look for one too." she said before going to look for one. I smiled as I walked back to the dressing room and changed back into my original clothes. After I changed I grabbed the dress and went to look for Kim.

"Find one?" I asked once I found her.

"No...we still got a while till graduation though." she said.

"Yeah...let's grab some coffee." I said as we walked to the counter so I could pay for the dress. "Thank you." I said to the worker as she handed me my bag. We walked to a coffee cart and shopped for a little while longer.

"So what's up with you and Jake?" she asked as we sat a table to take a break from the walking.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Have you thought about giving him a chance? I mean cause he imprinted on you too." she said.

"Oh that. Yeah I have thought about it but what if the same thing happens with him?" I said.

"It won't." she said.

"How do you know?" I asked looking at her.

"Olivia, you've known him for what...seven, eight years. He's had the same feelings for you since before we came to the base." she said.

"Then why did he act like a jerk all those times?" I asked.

"When he found out that Paul and he both imprinted on you he knew that you would have to end up choosing one of them. He acted like a jerk so you wouldn't have a hard time choosing. He knew that it would tear you apart having to chose one while leaving the other heartbroken." she said. "He hoped that you would somehow put things together and figure out that he was doing it for you."

"What?" I asked confused.

"When you made the decision of them taking turns spending time with you he didn't show up because he was afraid that he would fall to much and it would hurt twice as much when you chose Paul over him." she continued.

"Why didn't he tell me? Why did he leave?" I asked.

"You know Jake...he's shy about some things. When he left he felt as if he his plan had back fired. He had planned on telling you the day you chose Paul over him. That's why he left...because you never gave him the opportunity to tell you and explain." I looked at her in horror. I felt like such an ass.

"Oh my god...I feel horrible." I said putting my head in my hands. "How do you know all this?" I asked.

"Jared...he read Jake's thoughts and told me a few nights after he left. I've been wanting to tell you but you were always with Paul." she said.

"Man...I'm such a bitch." I said with a groan. "I need to apologize to him." I said looking at her.

"Well let's head home...we have three hours till the bon fire party." she said. We grabbed our bags and headed out to the truck. We threw out multiple bags into the back seat and got into the front. A few minutes later we were on the road talking and singing along with the radio. As we drove through Forks we saw Alice, Jasper, Rose and Edward in Emmett's jeep. We waved and kept on going. As we turned onto the road that led to La Push the road was becoming slippery and wet making it difficult to drive. "Guess the party is gonna be cancelled tonight." she said.

"Yeah that sucks." I said looking at her.

"OLIVIA LOOK OUT!!!!!!" she screamed pointing out the windshield. I turned my head to see what she was looking at and saw a man standing in the road. I slammed on the breaks and we slid across the road toward the man. As I looked at him I noticed his appearance. Pale, red eyes, gorgeous...vampire. My mouth opened and I screamed. You know how in movies when someone screams, usually a girl, how the camera zooms out to where it shows the block, then the city, then the state, the country then the world but then zooms back to the girl as her scream continues? I had one of those moments. We stopped a few inches before the vampire and we stopped screaming. We breathed heavy as we stared at the man in the road. My heart was racing and I was about to have a panic attack. I kept my hands glued to the stirring wheel as we continued looking at him. I expect him to appear next to me and rip the door off and kill us then and there. He smirked at us then disappeared. Afraid he was gonna pop up any second again, we didn't move. After sitting in the truck, in the middle of the road for several minutes we realized that he wasn't going too. I sighed and looked at Kim who was just as pale as I probably was.

"You ok?" I asked nervously.

"Let's get home before something happens." she said. I agreed and put the truck in drive and practically sped back to the house. When we got back we grabbed our bags and ran into the house.

"SAM!!" I yelled.

"Olivia? Kim? What's wrong?" he asked.

"Vampire." I said as I felt the blood leave my face. That's when questions started being thrown at us left and right.

"What? Where? When? Are you guys ok? What happened?"

"Vampire. Forks...right before the treaty line. Ten minutes ago. We're ok, freaked out but ok." I answered in one breath. "We were on our way back when I looked at Kim and she yelled for me to watch out. I looked and saw someone in the road. I slammed on the breaks and when skidded across the road. When we came to a stop we realized it was a vampire." I said.

"Yeah...we thought that he was going to do something to us but instead he smirked and then left. Just like that. After a few minutes of sitting in the middle of the road we finally made it back here." Kim said as Jared hugged her.

"Ok, Seth...get Leah and meet us at the treaty line. Embry, Quil and Paul run the area and make sure he's gone. Jake, Jared and I will get the Cullens. We'll all meet at the treaty line." Sam said in his alpha tone. He pulled Emily into a hug and gave her a kiss while Jared did the same to Kim. I just stood there feeling awkward. "Let's go." he said.

"Be careful guys." Em said as they left. Jake was the last to walk out the door but before he left he turned and looked at me.

"See you later." I said. He nodded and followed them out the door.

"You guys ok?" Em asked closing the front door to keep the cold air out.

"Yeah...little shaken up but we're fine." I said plopping down in the kitchen chair. We remained silent for a few minutes just listening to the sounds around us. 'Say something...it's too quiet.' I thought to myself.

"So...did you girls have a good time?" Em asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah...it's just what I needed." I smiled.

"She found the dress she is going to wear to graduation even though its forever away." Kim said.

"Oooh I wanna see." Emily said smiling.

"Ok, be back." I said grabbing the black bag the dress was in and ran upstairs to the bathroom. I quickly put the dress on and walked back down to the kitchen. "What do you think?" I asked. Emily turned away from the counter and looked at me.

"Wow you look fabulous." she smiled. "Hold on..I wanna take a picture." she said running to the living room to grab her camera. A second later she returned. "Ok, now strike a pose." she said. We had a little photo shoot for a few minutes as she snapped pictures of me doing different poses.

"Do you mind if I send a few of those to my dad?" I asked once it was over.

"Of course not. Here...take this and just give it back when you're done." she said taking the memory card out of the camera and handed it to me.

"Thanks. I'm gonna take this stuff up to my room." I said grabbing my bags. I carried everything up to my room and put it on my bed. I decided to take a quick shower so I would be ready for bed. After I did everything I needed I put everything away and hung the dress up on the back of my bedroom door so it wouldn't get wrinkled in the closet with the rest of my clothes. After that was all finished I sat at my desk and emailed my dad the pictures of my dress and our photo shoot. After finishing the email I looked over the pictures Emily had on her card. There were SEVERAL of her and Sam kissing and loving each other. There were some of the pack, the beach, little Claire and everyone. There were some of Jake before he turned along with Quil and Embry and a few of Paul with long hair...not a good look on him. I stole a few of them and saved them to my computer. I pulled the card out of my computer and headed back down to the kitchen. Emily was standing at the stove cooking spagetti for dinner. "Smells good Em." I smiled walking to her camera and slid the card back into its place.

"Thanks...did you send the pics?" she asked mixing the noodles with the sauce.

"Yep...I even stole a few if that's ok?" I asked.

"Oh yeah it's fine." she smiled. "Kim is in the living room if you were wondering." she said.

"I wasn't but thanks." I smiled before turning and walking into the living room. "Hey monistat." I said plopping down next to her.

"Hey vagasil." she replied. (kinda stole that part from the movie Jennifer's Body)

"Whatcha doin'?" I asked.

"Watchin' teen mom 2...I think the first teen mom was way better." she said.

"I never watched it so I wouldn't know."

"That's because you were to busy staring at Pauly D." she teased.

"Well what can I say...he's yummy." I laughed.

"You're an idiot." she laughed.

"Thank you." I smiled. We got silent and watched the show till Em called us to eat. We ate and talked a little bit. When Kim was done eating she called her mom and she came and got her. I went to bed shortly after helping Emily clean up the kitchen.