Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 17

It's been two and a half months since Kim and I had the run in with the vampire on the road. The guys have been patrolling, meeting up with the Cullens, training and so much more since that day. I've gone with them a few times to watch them train and it was really interesting to watch everyone. On top of this whole thing I have to worry about my dad who is dodging bullets, snipers, grenades, road side bombings and etc. I'm just excited that I get to talk to him today. "Hey baby girl." my dad appeared on the screen of my laptop. We've started talking on Skype lately.

"Hi daddy." I smiled waving at him.

"Hey Kim...Emily." he said waving to the girls sitting behind me.

"Hey Mr. Waterman." they replied waving.

"How is everything in La Push?" he asked.

"Cold, rainy, gloomy...boring." I said.

"Ah the cold...sure miss it. It's in the hundreds today." he said wiping his forehead from sweat.

"Don't they have air conditioners there?" Kim asked.

"Sweetie they're in the middle of the dessert...not at the Holiday Inn." I said making everyone laugh.

"Well I didn't know." She said with a giggle.

"I wish we did. So how's school? It's been a while since we talked last." he said.

"I'm passing all my classes, have honors in several of my classes and that's about it. Prom is just a few weeks away." I smiled.

"That's good sweetie...are you and Paul going to prom together?" he asked. CRAP! I had totally forgotten that I hadn't talked to him since Paul and I got together so he doesn't know. I had basically moved on with that situation but it was still a sore subject to talk about since he had been my first relationship/boyfriend and he cheated on me.

"We'll give you some alone time." Kim said standing up and walking out of the room followed by Emily.

"Um no...actually Jake and I are." I said with a sigh.

"Jake? What happened with Paul?" he asked.

"We uh...we broke up." I answered looking down.

"Aw sweetie what happened? Did he do anything to you?" he asked concerned.

"He didn't do anything to me it's what he did with someone else." I said.

"What do you mean?"

"He got upset that I wouldn't have sex with him so he had sex with another girl and I caught him in the act so I broke up with him." I answered.

"WHAT!? HE TRIED TO PRESSURE YOU INTO HAVING SEX WITH HIM??" he asked extremely pissed.

"Yes but I didn't give in. I'm still a V-V." I smiled proudly. If you're wondering what V-V is, it's our way of saying virgin. He tried to have "the talk" with me about three years ago and it was really awkward to say and hear the word virgin so we came up with the secret code.

"Good." he sighed in relief. We talked for a little bit longer about the situation till we moved on and stuff. "So have you found a dress for prom yet?" he asked.

"Um not yet but Emily is gonna take Kim and me shopping tomorrow to find everything we need." I replied with a smile.

"Make sure it's not to revealing and make sure you take pictures so you can send them to me." he said.

"Dad you know I'm not like that. I've always hated dresses like that." I laughed.

"I know I was just being your father...best I can do while I'm over here." he said sadly.

"Yea I know." I frowned. We fell silent for the first time in over two hours. I started to think about the things that he has missed since he had been shipped over seas. Everything in the past doesn't matter but he's gonna miss seeing me walk down the stairs wearing my prom dress, my hair and make up done. Then he's gonna miss graduation since his tour doesn't end for a few more months. At least he will be here for my birthday. Thinking about all this made me wanna cry. I felt tears build up in my eyes and I tried to blink them away but it just caused them to spill over.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing I just miss you." I said wiping my eyes.

"I miss you too." he replied.

"I wish you could come home for prom and graduation. I wish you could come home for longer than a few weeks." I said holding back a sob.

"I do too baby girl. Hey at least I'm coming home in a few months." he said.

"I know but...I want my dad home for good." I cried.

~Emily's P.O.V~
"Shh she might hear us." I whispered to the guys as we stood by entry way to the living room.

"Hey at least I'm coming home in a few months." Olivia's dad said.

"I know but...I want my dad home for good." Olivia cried to her dad.

"I should be in there." Jake said standing behind Sam. Listening to their conversation made me think of the TV show I've been watching on Lifetime called Coming Home. It would be cool if Mr. Waterman could come home for a little while. Then the idea hit me.

"Oh my gosh." I whispered walking away from the spot I had been standing in for the last twenty minutes.

"What?" Sam asked me looking confused.

"You know that show Olivia and I have been watching on Lifetime called Coming Home?" I asked.

"Yea...what about it?" Sam asked.

"Well I was thinking...what if we got Mr. Waterman on the show? He could home here and surprise Olivia for prom or graduation or something." I said telling everyone my thought. Everyone looked at each other for a second.

"Em that's a great idea." Kim said smiling.

"Babe that is the sweetest thing I've heard, but how are we gonna be able to pull that off?" Sam asked.

"Um...oh maybe we could contact General Worthington and talk to him then contact the show." I suggested.

"That could work." Embry said.

"Kim do you think you could contact the show and explain Olivia's situation?" I asked.

"Sure...no problem." she smiled.

"She is totally going to flip." Seth said.

"This is gonna be amazing if we pull it off." Jake smiled.

"Love you daddy...be safe and talk to you later." Olivia's voice echoed into the hall.

"Love you too...have fun at prom." Mr. Waterman said. We heard shifting on the couch signaling that Olivia had gotten up and was heading out way so everyone quickly moved away from the doorway. When Olivia came around the corner her eyes were red and puffy.

"Hey." she said wiping her eyes and smiling.

~Olivia's P.O.V~
I logged off of Skype after talking to my dad for a few hours and stood up to see what everyone was up too. The pack had arrived about half an hour ago from the Cullens. As I turned the corner to enter the kitchen I saw everyone standing around. "Hey." I said smiling and wiping my eyes.

"Hey, how's your dad?" Embry asked smiling.

"He's uh...he's good." I said walking to sit at the table with Emily, Kim, Seth and Paul.

"That's good." Jared said.

"Yea." I sighed. I looked at the clock on the stove and realized that it was getting pretty late and we had school in the morning. "So are you guys actually going to school tomorrow or are you ditching again?" I asked looking directly at Jake.

"I think we're going unless something happens over night." he said.

"Good...finally someone to talk to at lunch besides Kim, no offense." I smiled at her.

"Some taken." she laughed.

"Speaking of which...don't you guys think you all should be headed home to get some rest?" Emily said looking at the pack. Everyone said their good nights and everything then left except Jake who has been staying over since the day we had the run in. He stays in the guest room but there are some times when I have nightmares and I crawl into bed with him. I grabbed my laptop from the living room and headed up to my room and grabbed my things for a shower. I turned the knobs allowing the water to warm up then stripped out of my clothes and got in. The warm water felt so good on my muscles as they unknotted and relaxed. As I finished doing what was needed I turned off the water and stepped out into the smoky bathroom. I grabbed the large towel and wrapped it around my body then grabbed my clothes and walked out into the cool hallway running into Jacob.

“Oh sorry Livi.” he apologized with a smile. He looked down at the towel and smiled.

“Perv.” I smirked up at him then walked past him to my room.

“I wasn’t thinking anything perverted.” he defended himself.

“Jake you’re a guy…I’m not stupid.” I laughed before closing my door. I tossed my clothes into the hamper and slipped on my pajamas. I ran my brush through my hair and rubbed lotion on my arms and legs so they wouldn’t dry out. Before I finished there was a light knock at the door. “Come in.” I called. The door creaked open quietly and in popped Jake’s head.

“Can I come in?” he asked.

“Sure.” I said. He opened the door even wider and stepped in then closed it behind him. He plopped on my bed and watched me as I finished rubbing the lotion on my legs. “So…what’s up?” I asked putting the lotion away.

“Not much…just not tired.” he said staring at me.

“Oh I was but I’m not now…guess the shower woke me up a little bit to much.” I laughed sitting at the foot of my bed with my back against the railings.

“So how’s your dad?” he asked turning to face me.

“He’s good…says he can’t wait to come home for good.” I answered pulling my legs up to my chest.

“You sure miss him don’t you?” he asked sympathetically.

“Yea…I miss my mom too. I wish she would be here to help me get ready for prom and graduation and my wedding in the future and so much more.” I said with a sigh.

“It sucks losing a parent.” he said. I nodded my head in agreement and we fell into a comfortable silence.

“So…are you excited for prom?” I smiled.

“I’m a guy…what guy do you know that is excited about prom besides Ethan McDaniel?” he laughed.

“That’s true, Ethan is a bit…out there.” I giggled.

“Are you excited for prom?” he asked.

“Yes, because I get to spend the whole night dancing with you.” I said making him smile ear to ear.

“Do you have a dress yet?” he questioned.

“No but Emily is taking Kim and I shopping tomorrow to get everything we need. Oh and you should know that I’m thinking about getting a purple one.” I informed him.

“Surprise, surprise.” he laughed.

“Purples my favorite color.” I laughed with him before yawning.

“Someone’s getting tired.” he said in a sing-song voice.

“No I’m…” I was rudely interrupted by another yawn. “not.” I said smiling.

“Get over here and lay down.” he demanded.

“Make me.” I said crossing my arms over my chest. He playfully glared at me then got up and lifted me off the bed then dropped me on the other side laying with my feet down where I just was a second ago. “No fair.” I pouted.

“Oh stop.” he laughed.

“But I don’t wanna go to sleep.” I said like a five year old.

“OLIVIA GO TO BED!!” Sam yelled from down the hall. I sighed in defeat and rolled my eyes.

“Nosey ass werewolf.” I said loud enough for Sam to hear. “Jake will you stay with me?” I asked. He opened his mouth and was about to respond when a howl was heard in the distance. Sam’s door opened and closed then a second later my door was opened and Sam poked his head through.

“Let’s go Jake.” he said before turning and walking out. Jake looked at me and smiled.
“Guess that’s a no?” I asked.

“See you in the morning.” he said bending over and kissing my cheek. Since we weren’t together that’s all he did was kiss my cheek or forehead which I didn’t mind.

“Fine. See you in the morning.” I smiled. He smiled one last time before turning and dashing out my door. I sighed once I heard the back screen door slam shut. “NIGHT EM!!” I yelled knowing she was still up since the sound of clanging pots were heard downstairs.

“NIGHT LIVIA!!” she replied. I reached over and closed my door then rolled over and looked out my window then drifted off to sleep.