Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 19

~Kim's P.O.V~
'Dear Producers of Coming Home,

My name is Kim Sutherland and I live in La Push, Washington. My best friends name is Olivia Waterman and dad's name is Sgt. Kevin Waterman who is a Marine. Olivia has lived on a military base her entire life, traveling from base to base as her dad is sent away. Her mom Patricia in the Army but died in an accident on a base in Pheonix, AR when Olivia was young so it's just been Olivia and her father. Living on the base she has been home-schooled her entire life, never really had a normal teenage life. You're probably wondering how we met, well we met on Facebook and became fast friends. We've been like long distant sisters. The only other family she really has that she considers family is General Worthington and his wife and a few other soldiers on the base. She has been
staying on the Twenty-Nine Palms Marine base in Twenty-Nine Palms, CA for the last several years, but just recently has moved here to La Push with permission from her father. She's been here for several months and hasn't really talked to her dad much since leaving the base. He is currently stationed in Afganastan doing a tour. The purpose I am writing this is because graduation is coming up and our friends here thought it would be a good idea if we could bring her dad home for it and surpise her. She is the most deserving person we all know and has been through alot since she was born. If you could help us with surprising Olivia for graduation I know it would be a day she DEFINETELY won't forget.

Thank you,
Kim Sutherland & Friends'

"So what do you think?" I asked Emily as we sat in her living room. Olivia and the guys were sent to the store to get foor for the bon fire tonight. She looked at
my computer screen for a few more seconds then smiled.

"It's perfect. I hope they will help us, have you sent it yet?" she asked.

"No, I wanted you to read it first but just hit the 'SEND' button and it will be done." I smiled. She moved her hand over the mouse and clicked the button.

"Done." she smiled at me.

"Have you talked to General Worthington yet?" I asked turning my laptop off.

"No, his secretary said he is in China for two months and is unavailable." she sighed getting up from the living room and into the kitchen.

"Well that sucks." I said following her.

"Yeah, but usually the show can get the soldiers home if they ask so cross your fingers." Just before I could reply I heard Sam's truck roll into the drive way and
the guys laughter. I stood up from my seat at the table and walked out onto the front porch as they walked up with bags of groceries in their hands.

"Hey babe." Jared said walking up to me and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, have fun shopping?" I asked.

"Shopping for food...so duh." Seth said sarcastically. Olivia walked in behind him and smacked him in the head. "OW!" he complained rubbing the back of his head.

"Thank you." I smiled at her.

"No prob Kimmie." She placed the bags up on the counter and pulled the sucker out of her mouth. "What time is it?" she asked trying to look around the massive wall
of guys.

"A quarter to six why?" Embry asked.

"Shit...I'm supposed to Skype with my dad." she said jolting for the stairs.

"TELL HIM WE SAID HI!!" I yelled after her.

"OOOKKKKAAAYY!!!" she replied before her bedroom door slammed shut.

"So did you send it?" Jared asked as soon as the door slammed.

"Yep about five minutes ago." I smiled walking over to him and sitting on his lap.

"When do you think we will get a reply?" Quil asked.

"Hopefully a week before graduation so we can plan out everything." Emily said sorting the groceries out. For the next for hours Emily spent the time getting food ready for the bon fire, the guys ran patrol and Olivia talked to her dad on Skype, I joined her at one point and he had a bandage taped to his forehead. About an hour before the bon fire Jared showed back up to take me home so I could get ready. I hope that everything was gonna work out so we could get Mr. Waterman here.

~Olivia's P.O.V~
*Sigh* I logged off of Skype after talking to my dad for a few hours and stared out my bedroom window as the sun started to set. I knew that I had to get ready for the bon fire but I stared at the pink and gold sky for a little while longer. I eventually got up from my desk and went to take a shower. After I did everything I needed to do I got out and wrapped a large towel around my body then walked to my room to get dressed. I slipped on a pair of jeans, a top and some shoes then ran a brush through my long hair which really needed a trim or something. "Olivia, are you ready?" Sam's loud voice boomed from downstairs.

"Uh give me one more minute." I called back quickly slipping on a light jacket then sliding my phone, Ipod and looked in the mirror. "Eh, good enough." I said flipping my light off and headed downstairs. There were only a week left till prom and three till graduation so we were kinda celebrating early, the entire school was coming tonight and I heard that several of them were bringing alcohol. "Ready." I said hoping down the last few steps. I followed him and Emily out to the truck and climbed in after Em so she could sit by Sam. After a ten minute drive we made it to the beach and the guys were spread out on the beach making bon fires so people wouldn't have to crowd around one. Kim, Emily, Leah and I all set up the food as the guys set up the tables. After twenty or so minutes people started showing up and eventually alcohol did show up and after an hour the beach was almost full with teens; some drinking and some not and I was among the ones who were after Embry persuaded me into it. Different types of music were playing along the beach, everything from pop to indie to rock to techno. Eventually Sam and Emily disappeared along with Leah. I could careless if Leah left but I wondered why Emily and Sam left. I stood by one of the bon fires talking to Embry, Kim, Jared, Jake and Seth with an almost empty cup in my hand. As I took the last sip of my alcoholic beverage the cup was removed then replaced with one that was full. I looked to where the cup came from and saw Jake smiling at me. He looked slightly tipsy. "How many have you had?" I asked taking a sip.

"Uh...I lost track after seven." he replied with a slightly goofy grin.

"Seven??" I asked as my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

"How many have you had?" Kim asked me.

"Two...this would be three." I replied.

"Wow...I'm on my fourth." she said giggling as she took a sip. I giggled along with her. As she took another sip she snorted and her drink went all over her causing everyone to bust up laughing including people walking by or standing around near us. She took her top off and Jared gave her his to put on so she wouldn't get cold. I ended up drifting off walk along with beach...well more like stumble along but I managed to stay on my feet until I ran into something that felt like a wall. I fell onto my butt and my drink fell out of my hand. I looked up and saw Paul smirking at me.

"Walk much?" he laughed and offered me a hand. I grabbed it and he pulled me to my feet. As I stood up vertigo hit me and I fell against him. "Well hello to you to." he said holding me up.

"Shut up...I lost my balance." I playfully glared at him. If you're wondering why I'm not going off on him is because I decided to be the bigger person and forgive him. We're not as close as we used to be but we're talking if that means anything.

"Yea right." he replied as I stood up. I turned and started walking down the beach back toward Jake with Paul following me. When I got back to the group everyone was clearly wasted or tipsy. Jake saw me and smiled at me then handed me his glass.

"Having fun?" I asked.

"Ya." he replied wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Glad you are." I said chugging the full glass. As I started chugging everyone turned their attention to me and started chanting 'chug chug chug chug...' I gulped the last bit of it and threw the cup to the ground as everyone cheered. Jake wrapped his arms around me and picked me up then spun me around. When he sat me down I lost my balance and fell to the ground and decided to lay there and look up at the stars and laughed. I must have dozed off because the next thing I knew Jake was carrying me up the front steps of Sam and Emily's. I shifted slightly and he looked at me. When we got to the door he put me down with a smile.

"Sleep well?" he asked with a burp making me giggle.

"Eh." I smiled. I suddenly could feel the alcohol running through my veins, I wasn't much of a drinker so it hit me hard. I looked at the driveway and noticed that Sam's truck wasn't there. "Where's Sam and Emily?" I asked.

"They went to see Claire." he replied leaning up against the railing of the porch. The moon which was high in the sky illuminated him in every right way. As I looked at him the moon lit up half his face and half his body, making him glow almost I guess you could say. "What?" he asked curiously.

"Nothing." I replied looking away from him to the ground. I couldn't stop thinking about how the moonlight looked on him. His muscular arms; oh I wanted them to be wrapped around me pulling me close, his flawless facial features. His lips, he cheeks, his eyes...oh my gosh this boy is gonna drive me crazy just standing there like that. The next time I looked up he was right in front of me pushing me up against the door frame looking down at me.

~Jake's P.O.V~
Just go for it...what's the worst that could happen? I thought to myself as I watched Olivia in the moonlight on the front porch. Her slim figure, toned legs underneathe her jeans; what I would give to have them wrapped around me...No Jake, don't think that. She's not ready. I told myself but before I could rethink anything I was standing in front of her pushing her against the door frame