Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 28.

"Olivia." someone whispered my name. "Olivia...wake up." the voice said again when I didn't move.

"What?" I asked into my pillow.

"Babe...wake up." A warm hand touched my shoulder and forced me to roll over. I peeked my eye open and the light shined straight into my eyes. I blinked a few times to focus them and when they did I saw Jake sitting on the edge of my bed looking at me. "Morning sleeping beauty." he smiled.

"Yeah, whatever." I said throwing my blanket over my head.

"I heard what happened last night." he said pulling my blanket down. I looked at him confused for a minute then remembered everything that happened. The party, my dad talking to me, him telling me his was leaving today then me going off on him and running back to the house. As I thought about everything I said to him last night my eyes started to water and I felt guilty. "Awe, babe come here." Jake said pulling me into a hug.

"I'm a horrible daughter." I cried into his chest.

"No you're not. You were just upset." he said rubbing my back.

"You should have seen his face when I told him I hated him." I sobbed. He didn't reply, he just held me and tried to get me to calm down which I did after a few minutes. I pulled away from him and wiped my face on my blanket. "Thank you Jake." I said trying to smile.

"You are very welcome." he replied before giving me a quick kiss. It was at that very minute I realized that Kim wasn't here.

"Where's Kim?" I asked.

"Downstairs with the pack, Emily and your dad." he answered. "You know...he leaves in just a few minutes." he whispered. I looked at him like I was stupid. "Don't you think you should talk to him before he does?"

"He probably doesn't wanna talk to me...he is probably still hurt from what I said." I said.

"Well, do you want him to leave and going back over there to fight still thinking about what you said?" he asked. I shook my head and looked down at my hands that were resting on his. "Then get out of bed, clean yourself up and go talk to him honey." he said. He was right. I did need to talk to him. I needed to apologize for being a rotten ungrateful daughter.

"Fine. Give me ten minutes." I said.

"See you down there." he said giving me a quick kiss then leaving my room. I sat on my bed for a few minutes looking out my window until I sighed and slid out of the bed. I walked down the hall to the bathroom and tied my hair back into a ponytail then turned the water on and splashed some of it on my face. I dried my face off then walked back to my room and ran a brush through my hair really quick and pulled half of it up. I walked to my dresser and pulled out a pair of shorts, a shirt and some socks then changed out of my pajamas. I threw my dirty clothes into my hamper then went back to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. After doing that I quietly walked down the stairs. As I reached the bottom the pack; minus Paul, Kim, Emily and my dad were all standing around the kitchen and sitting at the table. Emily and Kim were by the stove cooking while Sam and Jared hovered near by. Nobody seemed to notice my presence so I cleared my throat which got everyone’s attention. I looked at my dad and frowned.

"Morning." I whispered.

"Morning." they all said. I walked over to the chair that Embry had cleared for me next to my dad. GREAT.

"How'd you sleep...dad?" I asked quietly while looking at him.

"Um...good. The best nights sleep I've had in a while. No guns shooting, no tanks firing a few miles away." he answered getting a laugh out of everyone. The room got quiet for a few minutes after that. I could feel someone looking at me so I looked up and noticed Jake burning a hole into my face.

'What?' I mouthed to him. He didn't respond he just darted his eyes to the right where my dad was. He repeated himself a few more times until I groaned in my head and sighed. "Dad...can I talk to you in private?" I asked politely.

"Absolutely." he said. "Excuse us." We stood up and walked out onto the front porch then down the road toward the beach. The awkwardness between us...I didn’t like it at all. As my shoes hit the sand I swung my hands back and forth at my sides.

"So...how much longer?" I asked hoping he understood what I meant.

"A few hours." he answered knowing what I meant. I felt my heart stop and fall out my butt. I didn't even get time to spend with him. I didn't get to show him Port Angeles or Forks or showing him the cliffs that we cliff dive off of every now and then. I felt tears start to build up in my eyes. I looked out over the ocean as a single tear left my right eye and fell to the sand. "Olivia...what's wrong?" he asked. I looked at him as more tears fell.

"I'm sorry dad!" I cried throwing myself at him. "I'm so so so sorry. I'm a horrible daughter. I regret all those things I said to you. I don't hate you." I bawled as he wrapped me in a hug.

"It's ok baby girl. Its ok." he whispered trying to calm me down.

"N-n-n-no I-it's no-not." I cried burying my head into his chest as a sob rocked through my body.

"Olivia...I understand why you were upset. I'm not mad or upset at you." he said calmly.

"Why?? I'm a horrible rotten selfish daughter. You should be mad at me." I cried.

"No you are not. I could never ask for a better daughter than you." He said into my hair. I didn’t reply, I just cried into his shoulder.

“I’m so sorry dad.” I sniffled after a few minutes.

“It’s ok honey.” He replied.

“I love you.”

“I love you too. Why don’t we go back and eat breakfast.” He said.

“Ok.” I smiled wiping my face. We laughed all the way back to the house and even when we got there. We walked in laughing our heads off which got us strange looks from everyone.

“What?” we asked at the same time making everyone laugh. We sat down and dug in since everyone else was eating already. After everything was gone, thanks to the pack, I helped Emily and Kim with dishes. Seth, Jared, Quil and Embry left to run patrol really quick a few minutes after we finished them. I sat in the living room on the floor next to Kim talking and laughing a few hours later. I couldn’t help but look at my dad every now and then. I wanted to remember him smiling, his loud over powering laugh, and the way his eyes crinkle up when he laughs. I knew that in just a short period of time I would need these images to help me get through when I can’t see him. As everyone casually talked and laughed Kim and I turned to face each other and started playing hand games like we were eight.

“Lets play.” Clap clap clap. “concentration.” Clap clap clap. “No repeats.” Clap clap clap. “Or hesitation.” Clap clap clap. “I’ll go first.” Clap clap clap. “If you go second.” Clap clap clap. “category.” Clap clap clap. “Anything.” We said at the same time. The way you play the game is you HAVE to think of the first word that comes to your mind. It can’t be a word that has already been used, you can’t hesitate to think about it and you gotta get it out before the next person goes. We went on for about twenty minutes until.

“Uh…CRAP!!!” Kim yelled dropping her hands.

“YES!! SWEET VICTORY IS MINE!!!” I cheered standing up and doing the cabbage patch. While I was doing my celebratory dance there was a knock at the door. “I got it!” I yelled walking to the door still dancing. I reached for the handle and threw the door opened and immediately stopped dancing. As I looked out at the person on the porch my heart stopped, my face fell and I froze.

“Hello ma’am. I’m here to pick up Officer Kevin Waterman. Is he here?” the soldier asked.

“Olivia, who is at the door?” Sam’s voice called from the living room.

“J-just a-a minute.” I replied. I turned around as tears started to blur my vision and walked back to the living room.

“Who’s at the-Olivia what’s wrong?” Emily asked noticing my tears.

(listen to the song then watch the video...it will make you cry)

“Um…dad. Y-your ri-ride is here.” I choked out a sob. Nobody said anything for a few seconds. My dad rose from his seat and sighed.

“I’d better get my bags.” He said quietly. He walked past me and went to the guest room. As he closed the door upstairs the front door opened and in walked Seth, Jared, Quil, Embry, Paul and Leah.

“Who’s that guy out fr-what’s wrong?” Embry asked noticing the quiet room. He stood next to me looking at the room. I wiped my face as a tear fell down my face. “Oh.” He said. My dad could be heard walking down the stairs. He walked toward the door and everyone followed him out. The soldier that was on the porch was now in the vehicle waiting. The trunk to the car was open waiting for my father to put his bags in. I stepped off the porch but stayed by it while everyone filed out around me and watched as he placed his large camo duffle in the trunk. I felt a warm hand wrap around my shoulders and pull me into a warm chest. I was hardly aware of the slightly colder hand that grabbed mine. Dad turned from the car and looked at me. I started to breath heavy as I tried to hold back my sobs that threatened to burst through my lips, tears clearly running down my face.

“Sam, Emily. Thank you so much for taking care of my little girl while I’m overseas. It means a great deal to me that a couple who hardly knew her would do it.” My dad said walking over to them.

“It’s a great pleasure having her here.” Sam said.

“Take care.” Emily said hugging him. He moved from them and came over to stand in front of me.

“Kim, thank you for being a good friend to her. She’s lucky to have a best friend like you.” He smiled.

“No problem Mr. Waterman.” She replied. As I looked up at him I saw that he was looking over my head, at Jake.

“Jake. I expect you to take care of her like your life depended on it.” He said firmly.

“I wouldn’t think of doing anything else sir.” Jake replied gently squeezing my shoulders.

“As for the rest of you…I’ve never met a group of people who were so kind as to take a girl in who you hardly knew. I have never seen her so happy as she is now and you have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you.” He said. Everyone including Leah walked up and gave him a quick hug before taking their spots back. I heard him sigh a shaky breath in front of me. As I looked up at him a few more tears left my eyes. “Baby girl.” He whispered. I pulled away from Jake’s warm touch and threw myself into my dad’s arms. “Remember that I love more than anything on the face of the earth sweetie.” He whispered. I felt something warm and wet hit my shoulder as he lifted me up.

“I love you too daddy.” I replied.

“Remember…every time you see the moon, it will soon be my moon in a few hours. Think of me.” He said. I let a sob escape my lips as I squeezed closer to him.

“Please…don’t go.” I cried out loud.

“I have to sweetie, but I will be home in just a few months.” He reminded me. I heard a few sniffles and sobs from behind me; Kim and Emily were no doubt crying. Maybe Embry.

“Promise?” I asked.

“I pinky promise.” He said sitting me down and sticking his pinky finger up. I raised a shaky hand and wound my pinky around his.

“I love you daddy.” I cried giving him one last hug.

“Till all the stars fall from the sky.” He replied.

“Till all the stars fall from the sky.” I replied our little saying. I let go of him and backed away. He looked at all of us before straightening up and raising his hand to his eyebrow, saluting us. I copied him and raised my hand. “Semper Fi.” I said as he lowered his hand and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before turning around and climbing into the car. As the car pulled away everyone waved and wished him safety. I stood there with all of them, tears running down my face and holding back loud sobs. As the car disappeared onto the paved road one of the sobs left my mouth. I was instantly wrapped in warm arms that were pulling me toward them from the front and a pair that hugged me from the back. I was faintly aware of Emily rubbing my back as violent sobs left my mouth and I soaked Jake’s shirt.

“It’s gonna be ok.” Kim whispered in my ear. At that moment I just wanted to be alone. Alone so I could think, alone so I could breath, I just wanted to be…alone. I pulled out of Jake’s hold and wiped my eyes.

“I’ll be back later.” I said turning and walking toward the trees.

“Where are you going?” Emily asked.

“I just wa-wanna be alone for a little.” I replied. Jake took a step forward but I raised my hand to stop him.

“Alone Jake.” I repeated. I turned before anyone could protest and ran through the trees toward the cliffs. As I walked through the trees tears started falling more and more. I could feel my chest caving in on itself as I tried to remember how to breathe. I used trees to hold myself up as I pushed forward. Was I having a panic attack? This is just great. As I got closer to the sounds of the waves a feeling built up in my chest and I’m not 100% sure what it was. But when I broke through those trees and stood on the edge of the cliffs I sucked in a big breath of air and opened my mouth. “AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. As I pushed the air out of my lungs I heard a wolf howl over my scream. When I was out of air and couldn’t scream anymore I collapsed to the ground onto my hands and knees. I didn’t wanna be alone anymore. I wanted someone with me. As a loud and painful sob left me warm arms wrapped around me. I flinched at first but then relaxed into the person thinking it was Jake but when I inhaled I didn’t smell his familiar scent. I looked up and saw………

o.o who is with her on the cliffs?? stay tuned and find out.
xoxo JBL09